Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 TCB's Pool Install 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the brand name.of your pool filter?

Questioning because I was a well hung cabana boy years ago....

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will you be enclosing the Pump and equipment? Or just a cover? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
What is the brand name.of your pool filter?

Questioning because I was a well hung cabana boy years ago....

all the equipment is from Hayward

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Will you be enclosing the Pump and equipment? Or just a cover? :popcorn:

yep, the pool house will have a side room that will house this equipment

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The grout was brought in this morning, it is for support under the shelves and stairs.

I am currently filling the pool, by the end of today it will be full of water. Monday they will finish the back fill and prep for concrete as well as install the auto water filler.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pool is now full of water, just a couple of items left before the concrete guys show up to form the walkway and anchor the pool.

They were attempting to install an inspection well, to see if the plumbing leaks...I guess this is required?

They also need to install the auto filler

Saturday and Sunday I got started on the semi-temporary fencing.....The gate goes in first. We picked the location where we want the walkway to go, then dug the holes and concreted the poles in the ground.

The gate has a few features required by law.

1. The handle to open the gate must be a min of 54" above grade, and must require some manipulation besides pushing or pulling the gate. This has a plunger you push down, it auto locks when the latch gets back to center

2. The gate must self close, so I bought this spring, it needs adjustment though, doesn't put pressure on the gate when it is within 6" of the pole

3. The gate must only open outwards, so I had to make a stop to ensure the gate could not go past center. I used a piece of aluminum bus from some 480v switchgear....then attached it with some clamps that I had extra after removing the fence and gate from the side yard (where the wall is now)

Then we installed the short section of fence going to the corner of the garage

then the all important fabric cover, had to cut it and install some grommets

Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking good!
Smart move putting out the fencing block to keep shifting winds and dirt outta the pool until everrything else is done.
Haywards are good units.

Will the concrete block wall keep the messicans out? :ROFLMAO:

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Looking good!
Smart move putting out the fencing block to keep shifting winds and dirt outta the pool until everrything else is done.
Haywards are good units.

Will the concrete block wall keep the messicans out? :ROFLMAO:

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't catch and release.....

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found a couple more leaking pipes, these were all irrigation lines

This one was right by the pool, the valve that supplies it leaks...so I dug it up and capped it off

Then I found another wet spot (someone is going to use that as a sig line..I just know it)

and repaired it

The pool guys were here yesterday installing the aut0-fill system, it actually uses a toilet valve to fill the pool when the water level drops

I was also given the good news that the concrete guys are showing up this morning to frame up the forms for the walkway around the pool and to the pool......we should have concrete poured Monday or Tuesday and be swimming by next weekend

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is the auto fill water line

and the forms for the 3ft walkway around the pool

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The concrete guys were here this morning prepping for the concrete, they added a foam form around the perimeter of the pool for the coping edge that will hang over the shell

They added the rebar and ties to hold everything together

Concrete is coming tomorrow, work starts at 3:30AM......

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pools guys showed up a 3:11AM, followed shortly by the pump truck and the cement mixer

removing the styrafoam coping forms

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had no idea putting in an inground Pool was so much work. You are almost there!

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I had no idea putting in an inground Pool was so much work. You are almost there!

yeah I could have bought an above ground pool, put a deck around it and some prefabbed fencing and be cooling me heals right now.....and have much quatloos in my pocket.....

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're getting close, the concrete guys finished the "cool deck" coating on the cement walkway around the pool, they are trying to get back here next week to pour a walkway from the pool to the patio.

So over the last few days the Wife and I decided to dress up the gate a bit. She had bought a piece of artwork....it is a sun with a cactus and a road runner on it. it was rusty so I sanded it down and painted it black....

Then we decided to strip the gate and paint it gray...why gray? White would show too much dirt and any dark color would get to hot, plus if I missed a spot or it got chipped the galvanizing underneath wouldn't show up too bad and maybe it would remind me of Seattle.... :ROFLMAO:

Here is the gate before I started, the rust is is deposits from the sprinkler, once I started sanding it came right off

We removed the chain link

painted it "Coastal Gray"....they should have called it "Seattle Sky"

We bought some 6" cedar fence boards and stained them a reddish brown color

Then I used some clamps to bolt some pieces of cedar horizontally, so we could attach the vertical boards

We had to cut the middle boards thinner, we also bought some metal strips (Simpson Strong Tie) to help keep the boards from warping, I painted them with a textured black paint

then installed them

The artwork didn't look right in black, so I painted it gold and attached it with some 1/4-20 J-bolts

Pool guy is coming Monday (on the Holiday) to finish up the pool. Then need to level out the dirt, bury some water lines and clean/filter the pool water....we may be swimming by next weekend!

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next