Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 TCB's Pool Install 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The weather was mild today, only 79 degrees, so at lunch we removed a tree....a Eucalyptus tree, it was near death anyway and I need the room for a car port for the truck

What does this have to do with the pool install you ask? Nothing except we will be doing some trench work to install the underground electricity and building a footing for the wall, so it was kind of in the way

Then we removed the fence, it will be replaced by the 7' block wall

Then we removed the concrete from the corner of the garage. The corner is where we will be installing the new meter base and main panel.

we will install the panel and start the trench work this Sunday.....going to a city wide garage sale and then to a gun show tomorrow morning, then off to the races

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri May 21, 2021 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Worthy thread!!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :wagwoot:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 21, 2021 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool

Only suggestion I’d make is to lay an extra conduit or two out to the garage while you have the trench open

If you ever want to run cable or internet out there you can. Or run a wire to control lights from the house

Sat May 22, 2021 2:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Very cool

Only suggestion I’d make is to lay an extra conduit or two out to the garage while you have the trench open

If you ever want to run cable or internet out there you can. Or run a wire to control lights from the house

we thought about that, have you seen conduit prices lately? Everything is going up in price. We decided to delay the building of the shop for a year or so to see if prices go back down.

My garage is pretty big, I should have room (once organized) to work on my projects and do some reloading this winter.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sat May 22, 2021 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there a local code regarding conduit? You don't have to stick with Sch40. I've seen people lay 2729 drain pipe down, or Sch40 PVC foam core (residential waste pipe) and spraypaint it gray.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sat May 22, 2021 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Is there a local code regarding conduit? You don't have to stick with Sch40. I've seen people lay 2729 drain pipe down, or Sch40 PVC foam core (residential waste pipe) and spraypaint it gray.

codes are very loose here, AZ is following the 2011 NEC and the county doesn't enforce a lot of it. The inspector is basically looking for cable size and terminations, not really worried about the depth of the trench or type of conduit.

As it is we are following code, going 18" + on the depth and using Sch 40 PVC. We went with Aluminum wire as it is 1/2 price of the copper.

Sat May 22, 2021 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I ran power to my shop I put it in 2-1/2” conduit then ran an extra 3” conduit. Right now I just have a PEX water line for the garage hose bib and 5e for internet running through it. The 5e isn’t rated for that but it works fine, and I already had a spool of it

If I had it to do again I’d just do a couple 1” or 1-1/2” conduits. That size isn’t too bad on price

Sat May 22, 2021 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
When I ran power to my shop I put it in 2-1/2” conduit then ran an extra 3” conduit. Right now I just have a PEX water line for the garage hose bib and 5e for internet running through it. The 5e isn’t rated for that but it works fine, and I already had a spool of it

If I had it to do again I’d just do a couple 1” or 1-1/2” conduits. That size isn’t too bad on price

conduit= 1.5 x diameter of the wire(s)?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 22, 2021 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like fun brother!!! Thanks for sharing.
I miss all the cool big projects that I built over the years but the way thing are I’m gonna enjoy standing around holding up a shovel... :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat May 22, 2021 8:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quick update

I bought the new panel, went with an Eaton product.....the model HPC40SHL, it has the meter base (with bypass for meter swaps) and one 200A 2pole breaker with option for a second 200A 2pole breaker. So I bought the second breaker and we installed it on the corner of the garage

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPage.HPC40SHL.html

Then we start digging with the back hoe and shovels

We dug the trench to the existing panel first, we had to remove some of the existing concrete pad. We will cut it clean later so we can pour new concrete

Sat May 29, 2021 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Over the weekend we got the trenches dug

and the conduit installed.

The two pipes sticking up in the air are the water and electrical for the pool house

we have our 1st inspection tomorrow, then we start pulling wire and building the forms for the wall footing. Concrete is coming on Saturday

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we had our rough in inspection, it went well, nice kid. He answered our questions and provided guidance.

We laid down the required red burial tape and began burying the conduit. It was hot yesterday, 111.....

we used a "jumping jack" to compact the soil

then finished filling in the ditch

then we dug a 3 foot wide ditch for the footing for the wall. The wall will be 7 feet high.

Then I had to remove another section of concrete under the old panel so I could install a second ground rod

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First class work, Casey! And ditching in 111 degrees sounds like a good time!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow. Yeah I was whining at 84°F

Good work!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
TCB pool.png

We can't wait!
:bonghit:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next