Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 TCB's Pool Install 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We will be 2 hours north of you in late Nov but we're visiting an old neighbor at his home in Anthem Country Club neighborhood next to Harry Reid. LOL! And our friend is a die hard conservative.
We'll have to catch you next fall when we travel south.

Meanwhile, we will be chanting "Let's Go Brandon" on Dec 1st while secret service peak over the wall. (Yes, Harry Reid was so hated he got a 2 man detail)

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

looking good TCB love the signs too.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We start digging next weekend, building the forms for the pool house and hot tub pad.

in the meantime we built a solar pool heater

we started with a 4x8 sheet of OSB, the nailed 2x2s to the perimter

then covered it in black plastic

then we coiled up the irrigation tubing, 200 feet per side

then we covered it with polycarbonate roofing material and put some legs on it to angle it towards the sun

we may end up installing this and perhaps a second one, on the roof of the pool house

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That’s pretty cool. How much volume does 400lf hold? I’d be interested to know what your output temp ends up being as well as the recovery rate (solar dependent of course).

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
That’s pretty cool. How much volume does 400lf hold? I’d be interested to know what your output temp ends up being as well as the recovery rate (solar dependent of course).

Still working out the details, when we first turn it on it is very hot...like near boiling, then it comes down to about 5 degrees warmer than the pool water, so I think we need to slow the water flow without taxing the pump. I put a valve on it, but it labors the pump when I restrict the water flow.

We might build a second one which will give it more surface area.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So now that we have all recovered from the 'Rona and the final inspection has been completed and signed off, time to start work on the pool house, shower, hot tub, and shade areas around the pool.

We took down the fence and brought in the back hoe, first task is to create a drain basin for the shower (that will go behind the pool house) and the sink (in the pool house). It is just gray water.

We dug a big hole, about 2.5" deep x 3 ft around and then filled it with wash rock

Then we dug out the area for the forms for the pool house slab, the slab will sit just slightly higher than the lower edge of the pool deck, so the walkway in between them will need to be sloped towards the dirt.

The pool house will be 12' deep by 26' wide and will enclose the pool equipment in a separate room. We will install a bar and kitchen including a grill, a griddle, deep fryer and fridge/freezer.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can put a recirculating pump on it, low power and can handle hot water.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I understand gray-water drain systems the final outlet for the effluviant needs to be moved from time to time in order for organic material to decay. A build up could breed nasty shite. What do you know? What informs your assessment of your system?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking good Casey, keep up the progress. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
As I understand gray-water drain systems the final outlet for the effluviant needs to be moved from time to time in order for organic material to decay. A build up could breed nasty shite. What do you know? What informs your assessment of your system?

the dirt is pretty dry here and I will have bamboo planted near this pit, I am not too worried about it

We built a similar system (with a 55 gallon barrel) at my parents property about ten years ago, no problems with it yet

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got the forms done today, we put in the lines for the drains, the conduit to house the flexible propane line and conduit for the hot tub power.

The pad will be 5.5" on out outer perimeter along with some rebar, the inner section will be 3.5" deep

tomorrow we call for concrete, once this pad is done we work on the shower pad and the walkway in front of and around the pool house to the shower

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool!

I’m enjoying watching this project immensely :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
I think we need to slow the water flow without taxing the pump. I put a valve on it, but it labors the pump when I restrict the water flow.

You should not need a pump. If its working/routed correctly it should thermal cycle on its own.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today was concrete day, we had to wheelbarrow the concrete in, could not get the truck close enough

and finished:

next step is the short section of wall between the garage and the gate, then the hot tub pad and then the walkway around the pool house including the shower on the back side, then the last two concrete pads, one for sunbathing and one for shade. Then we start framing

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got some more work done over the weekend

We decided to remove and replace the concrete along the back side of the garage, part of it will be the footing for the wall, part will be the pad for the hot tub and part will be a walkway around the back of the pool house.

So we took down the short section of fence between the garage and gate, we will put up this section of the wall before pouring the other pads and walkways

The wife wanted to try out the jack hammer

we will replace this part of the walkway

we bought a 36 x 36" stamp to match what my concrete contractor applied

then we started digging the footing for the section of wall, had to go pretty deep, once the wall is in, we will add concrete up against the wall, matching the elevation of the walkway, and then stamp it to match

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next