Switch to full style
Come join us in kicking off 2019 with a BANG! Details inside.
Post a reply

Re: New Year's Shoot 2019 - Grub & Stuff

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:21 pm

My wife makes a kick-a$$ carrot cake. I'll ask her tonight

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Sparky D wrote:My wife makes a kick-a$$ carrot cake. I'll ask her tonight

:bow:
I was thinking about bowing out, but not now. :bigsmile:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:27 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
snozzberries wrote:I just called Costco to order a Carrot cake and those fuckers won't make one until Easter. WTF?

You do have an oven don't you?

I don't understand what your picture is supposed to be.

Look at it's URL. That's not a JPG/PNG etc:

h t t p s : / / encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO3R7SXb6AOMt58ZzvyQVFMxIMhZ2LNVzcAQjrrEu3eu8kbL1Dl0iT2TRa3iHK8sUy3_y0m2RypylDBHOu8TsZOqh6p6_-goHWdjSQJYIwpA6_PxqGhG-9&usqp=CAc

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:17 pm

We'll be there with a big pot of curry and rice. We'll have:
Generator & cords
Table
EZ up
Propane Heater and ball
3 burner coleman stove
Five gallon cube of water

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:Would I have any takers if I brought some ahi poke to share? Last year, it seemed to be mildly popular in spite of the fact that it was so damn cold the tuna was still semi-frozen when I went to mix it with the sauce. :doh1: I could fix that problem this time around, but would only bother to bring it if I thought it would get eaten.

I enjoyed the poke last year also. Some was still solid tho!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Sparky D wrote:My wife makes a kick-a$$ carrot cake. I'll ask her tonight

What's the word on the carrot cake Sparky? :bigsmile:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:14 am

Remember, Carrot cake is a 2 to 1 Cake/Frosting mixture! 2/3 cake, 1/3 frosting! :)

My favorite.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am

There WILL be carrot cake (probably 2, since Steve will be there...)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Anyone know if the outlet/inverter on a Ram or Wrangler will power an Instant pot? Dont want to take up precious generator space. If it does, any requests? Chicken, beef, soup etc?

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:46 pm

das_napeth wrote:Anyone know if the outlet/inverter on a Ram or Wrangler will power an Instant pot? Dont want to take up precious generator space. If it does, any requests? Chicken, beef, soup etc?

Instant pot draws too much current for a typical 12V inverter on an auto. What is the rated output?

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Pablo wrote:
das_napeth wrote:Anyone know if the outlet/inverter on a Ram or Wrangler will power an Instant pot? Dont want to take up precious generator space. If it does, any requests? Chicken, beef, soup etc?

Instant pot draws too much current for a typical 12V inverter on an auto. What is the rated output?

Looks like the instant pot would be too much. Sucks, can run my pellet smoker on it but not this. Guess ill be finding a generator to bring

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:41 pm

I'd love to make Aussie meat pies, but I really dont know how to warm them up. They can be baked prior just fine..

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:49 pm

I will bring a 10'x10' canopy, a 6' folding table, and a steel fire pit with some wood. Should be able to keep a few people dry and warm in case it's raining. As for food, I'll bring some ahi and salmon poke to share...fully thawed this time!

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm

das_napeth wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Looks like the instant pot would be too much. Sucks, can run my pellet smoker on it but not this. Guess ill be finding a generator to bring

We'll have a generator with plenty of power available. We'll only be running a rice cooker on it.
PinSniper wrote:I'd love to make Aussie meat pies, but I really dont know how to warm them up. They can be baked prior just fine..

We'll also have a three burner coleman stove with probably two open burners you're welcome to.

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:27 pm

PinSniper wrote:I'd love to make Aussie meat pies, but I really dont know how to warm them up. They can be baked prior just fine..

Hand pies? OMG!

Two words: Toaster Oven
Post a reply