Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Coyote Hunting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a new hunter and am looking to go out coyote hunting in the next few weeks. I have been doing a ton of research, using google maps and onX but that will only get me so far until I can actually get out to scout. I know coyotes are pretty much everywhere but does anyone have some suggestions for eastern wa to get me started?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm

Not much is open because of the fire danger. All DNR land over here is closed. Your hunting probably is going to have to wait till the fire danger is gone.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Not much is open because of the fire danger. All DNR land over here is closed. Your hunting probably is going to have to wait till the fire danger is gone.

I completely forgot about that, thanks for the info.

Guess I'll be changing my focus to Southwest wa for the next few weeks.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:35 am

Start looking for state/dnr/federal land in Eastern Washington. Preferably with a mix of open country and brush. Even better, no roads/gated/motorized vehicles allowed. OnX is great for that. There’s also a fair amount of “feel free to hunt” private land in eastern Washington (can find it on wdfw website). Then once things open back up, start hiking around scouting. You start seeing lots of coyote scat, you’re in the right place.

There’s coyotes all over. You’re not going to get many folks dropping you a pin of where to go. If it’s a good spot, people will keep it to themselves because they had to put in the work. If it’s a popular spot that’s well known, the coyotes are educated and pressured. Predator hunting has become really popular (I blame the dorks on YouTube and tv).

Wdfw biologists can sometimes give you some great intel. Pick up the phone, or find some email addresses. Also worth a shot. If you can find landowner info off onx, and figure out how to get in touch with the landowner of some of those big dry land wheat farms in central Washington, you might do really well.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kick start my heart wrote:
Start looking for state/dnr/federal land in Eastern Washington. Preferably with a mix of open country and brush. Even better, no roads/gated/motorized vehicles allowed. OnX is great for that. There’s also a fair amount of “feel free to hunt” private land in eastern Washington (can find it on wdfw website). Then once things open back up, start hiking around scouting. You start seeing lots of coyote scat, you’re in the right place.

There’s coyotes all over. You’re not going to get many folks dropping you a pin of where to go. If it’s a good spot, people will keep it to themselves because they had to put in the work. If it’s a popular spot that’s well known, the coyotes are educated and pressured. Predator hunting has become really popular (I blame the dorks on YouTube and tv).

Wdfw biologists can sometimes give you some great intel. Pick up the phone, or find some email addresses. Also worth a shot. If you can find landowner info off onx, and figure out how to get in touch with the landowner of some of those big dry land wheat farms in central Washington, you might do really well.

Do your footwork now and get some permission, then come mid November early December go shoot a couple and since your over east call up Doug at hicks creek fur company in tri cities and he will buy them from you. East side dogs were steady going to 75$ each last 2 years if put up for the fur market. Doug normally pays 20$ in the round (whole carcass)

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:47 am
FFL / Dealer

Easiest way is Go set up a locater call around 11pm to 2 am..find the pups and the packs then start killing em all. I run sheep in my fields so the coyotes come to me. 17 down so far in 2021.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]