Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OPEN SEATS 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well it’s official, WDFD has claimed that the winter steelhead run on the Chehalis river is going to suck, yet again.

That being said I am officially posting “opening seats” for Riffe lake this winter. There are many many healthy fish in this lake and they are HUNGRY for Caveman’s secret bait recipes...
Yes I do have a fully enclosed top with a heater for those Chilly Willie fishers.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did this with Jim last year. It was an excellent time even though we got skunked. May have to find another opening myself to come.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yukonjon wrote:
I did this with Jim last year. It was an excellent time even though we got skunked. May have to find another opening myself to come.

I was hoping you saw this, and I can promise you that
this time you will not get skunked... :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I haven't followed the runs this year as I've been moving or unpacking. Whats the pilchuck river look like? I've got 920' if it looks viable for fellow wagunners

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
I haven't followed the runs this year as I've been moving or unpacking. Whats the pilchuck river look like? I've got 920' if it looks viable for fellow wagunners

I haven’t fished up there in 25 years, I’d have to Google it now... lol
To tell you the truth, all the runs, salmon and steelhead have been very low to nonexistent for years. That’s one of the major reasons why the watersheds down here get pounded so bad is when WDFW closes the rivers and sound fisheries up north.

That would be a great spot for a Waguns get together though... :wagwoot:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I am a chilly willy kind of guy with fishing licenses! :bow:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Well it’s official, WDFD has claimed that the winter steelhead run on the Chehalis river is going to suck, yet again.

That being said I am officially posting “opening seats” for Riffe lake this winter. There are many many healthy fish in this lake and they are HUNGRY for Caveman’s secret bait recipes...
Yes I do have a fully enclosed top with a heater for those Chilly Willie fishers.

With the river running the way it has been the last two years I’m not suprised

Albert Einstein

Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And now WDFW is going to restrict us boat anglers!!! I am going to lobby for a lakes only license, I'm damn tired of paying these inept wannabe fish managers for mismanagement of our resources. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/state-announce ... nservation

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally I think they should do a full on moratorium on any and all fishing both sport and commercial for a couple years and focus on more habitat restoration efforts.

Albert Einstein

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
Personally I think they should do a full on moratorium on any and all fishing both sport and commercial for a couple years and focus on more habitat restoration efforts.

Restored spawning grounds don't work if your poisoning the fish up stream/in the sound/coast. Or letting an abnormal amount of sea lions have an unlimited buffet.

Mother nature has ASS FUCKED this planet for millions of years.

She has created dams of mud, timber, debris,,,

She has diverted streams and rivers with geological events,,,

She has changed the PH of water bodies with volcanoes and magma.

She has ruined spanning beds with millions of yards of silt from lahars,,,

She has blown ash for hundreds of miles and choked out waterways,,,,

AND every time the salmon has adapted, overcome, and flourished. Massive habitat changed have destroyed the salmons home MANY times and they have never been endangered.

BUT mother nature never flushed its poison fill sewage treatment plants into the puget sound and surrounding coastlines.
The salmon will NEVER adapt to unacceptable water quality like we have now.

So for all you folks that live in town on SEWER and like to fish, just remember that every time you flush,,, that comes out of your limit.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
RadioSquatch wrote:

Restored spawning grounds don't work if your poisoning the fish up stream/in the sound/coast. Or letting an abnormal amount of sea lions have an unlimited buffet.

Mother nature has ASS FUCKED this planet for millions of years.

She has created dams of mud, timber, debris,,,

She has diverted streams and rivers with geological events,,,

She has changed the PH of water bodies with volcanoes and magma.

She has ruined spanning beds with millions of yards of silt from lahars,,,

She has blown ash for hundreds of miles and choked out waterways,,,,

AND every time the salmon has adapted, overcome, and flourished. Massive habitat changed have destroyed the salmons home MANY times and they have never been endangered.

BUT mother nature never flushed its poison fill sewage treatment plants into the puget sound and surrounding coastlines.
The salmon will NEVER adapt to unacceptable water quality like we have now.

So for all you folks that live in town on SEWER and like to fish, just remember that every time you flush,,, that comes out of your limit.

Not disagreeing with you about the poisons and toxins being washed into the waters.theres tons of aspects for restoration such as invasive species control and other things like your talk of toxin management, My work deals directly with salmon, habitat and restoration efforts. I work for the salmon and the environment and everyone that fishes.ill tell you what else will kill runs, a proposed big “flood retention facility “ placed right over prime spawning beds...

Albert Einstein

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There has been so many things that have played a part in the destruction of the salmonoids in the last 100 years that can bring any harvestable numbers back. The Feds and Washington politicians all have had their hand in the destruction of the habitat vital for fish runs to survive by creating the dams and business practices.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :bigsmile:

I ventured out to my favorite lake today with my son and SIL. As always it was just a great day to be together and fish (catch).
We managed to have fun, BS a lot and limit out with 15 FAT landlocked silvers in less than 3 hours. A good day to say he least!!!
It was 30* this morning at the ramp but thank Gawd it wasn’t frozen and the water level was very low... :ROFLMAO:
Attachment:
598B60AD-A054-4AAD-8CE6-B43DFB155D3A.jpeg

Attachment:
DF015390-4FCE-4DDB-A5CE-A68ED605D49F.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Last edited by Caveman Jim on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The water level is not supposed to ever come back up. They dont plan to fix/update the dam. At least that is the word on the street!

Looks good!

Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
The water level is not supposed to ever come back up. They dont plan to fix/update the dam. At least that is the word on the street!

Looks good!

I don’t mind the water level being low because less water there’s less places for the fish to hide. LOL

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next