Switch to full style
Your hunting and fishing destination!
Post a reply

Re: New York Deer Hunting

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm

All packed & ready to leave early in the morning.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:54 pm

Safe travels my friend. Whack em and stack them NY whitetails!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Waiting in Charlotte north Carolina for my flight to Syracuse New York. When I get in at 7.25 tonight we will head upto the Adirondacks and get a room for two nights. Tomorrow we will set a few fisher traps, a couple beavertraps and deer hunt up there tomorrow and Friday. Late Friday we will head down towards the Pennsylvania border for the opener of the southern zone deer hunting.

We should do good this year, I bought another H&R handi-rifle in 223 to use this year for deer along with my H&R 243 Handi-Rifle.

It will be BEER-THIRTY when my brother picks me up at 7:30.
He's got some Bud's on ice in his SUV.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:14 am

I got to Syracuse Wednesday at 6:19pm and we went right up to Old Forge up in the Adirondacks and got a motel room for two nights. Yesterday we got up early and drove the ten miles up to Inlet where we go hunting. We only seen one little doe but we did set two 330 coinbear beaver traps, four 220 conifer traps for Fisher and four #2 coil spring traps for fox, bobcat or coyote.
We will be heading back up there to see if we can get a deer and check.& pull the traps.
We will be making the trip south early so we can get ready for the opening of the southern zone deer hunting. A friend from another forum will be meeting us at my brother's place at 6am tomorrow morning to go hunting with us. He is a New York resident.
Will update as things unfold.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:08 am

My brother's son shot a nice buck a couple of hours ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:03 pm

One of my friends that hunts with us shot a nice spike buck early this afternoon. On the way home we seen about thirty deer out in fields but all to close to houses to shoot a couple. There was one group of ten the rest was in small groups from one deer, two deer and three deer.

Generally we have a few hanging up by now, we will start harvesting some here in the next couple of days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Got another doe late yesterday, 4:15 pm.
Didn't have my phone to take pictures so had to wait to get a couple back to my brother's place.

Hadto look for the third gamble to hang it up on the meat pole. M

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Caught a male red fox this morning.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:21 pm

You are having way too damn much fun, cease and desist immediately… :ROFLMAO:
Go get em.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:46 pm

I agree!

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 pm

We have been seeing a lot of deer every day,
Either to far to shoot, a bad drag out (uphill), on private land or to small. Would like to connect with a couple of beavers and coyotesin the traps.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 am

We caught another red fox in the traps this morning.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 pm

Gotta ask --- what are fox pelts going for nowadays? I know back in the early 80s a good one could be $100-150.
I was assuming fur prices had cratered since PETA showed up.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:12 pm

You'd be lucky to get $10 for a good one.
I am getting a fisher and a red fox mounted for my reloading shed.
I will get some furs tanned to hang on the wall as well if we get any extra.
We are splitting the hides so far we both have red foxes and we both have fishers and an extra red fox.
I still have another week out here before I fly back to Washington State.

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Here’s hoping that the last week of your trip that you guys get some more venison hanging in camp.
Post a reply