Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bok a Bok Fried Chicken - Kimchi Mac n' Cheese......! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Yep, you're right, too.

All reviewers, newspapers, etc., kept calling it that, but they, themselves, never did.

It only sticks out in my mind because we love Korean Fried Chicken, and hit some of the joints in Fedeal Way that have it. Some of them don't serve it until later, so we were hoping Bok would be legit, and easily available.

wait a sec. hold the phone. did you say federal way has legit korean fried chicken? don't mess with me man....i'm vulnerable to this stuff. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

is it good? because if i'm driving 50 miles to get this stuff, it better be good :rofl9:

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Q. What do think of the chicken at Stone Korean in Redmond?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

it was a 6 out of 10 for me. decent, but definitely not Los Angeles style or what I've had in Korea. I feel like the korean businesses around here are afraid to cook real korean food. I know in Federal Way, they have the customer base to cook seriously authentic korean food, but up here, they need outside business.

these people need to figure out you NEED soju in the batter, make it super liquid the first fry, then more soju in the batter but slightly thicker for the second dip in oil. i feel like i make better korean fried chicken than most places that serve korean friend chicken, but i'm missing something in my recipe that makes it taste like LA or S.Korea

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
Pablo wrote:

it was a 6 out of 10 for me. decent, but definitely not Los Angeles style or what I've had in Korea. I feel like the korean businesses around here are afraid to cook real korean food. I know in Federal Way, they have the customer base to cook seriously authentic korean food, but up here, they need outside business.

these people need to figure out you NEED soju in the batter, make it super liquid the first fry, then more soju in the batter but slightly thicker for the second dip in oil. i feel like i make better korean fried chicken than most places that serve korean friend chicken, but i'm missing something in my recipe that makes it taste like LA or S.Korea

I actually agree, not that I have ever had the "real" thing, but they just put the sauce on the rather dry, over cooked skinny chicken and call it a day. The novelty wore out really quickly. The place is convenient for us, so I just order kalbi and/or bi-bim-bob and the nice sides.

Federal Way? I didn't know there is a large Korea population in Mexico.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I actually agree, not that I have ever had the "real" thing, but they just put the sauce on the rather dry, over cooked skinny chicken and call it a day. The novelty wore out really quickly. The place is convenient for us, so I just order kalbi and/or bi-bim-bob and the nice sides.

Federal Way? I didn't know there is a large Korea population in Mexico.

The area around H-Mart has some killer places to eat

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

The area around H-Mart has some killer places to eat

Which one?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haven't made multiple trips to any of these, outside of Tokyoya.

https://www.facebook.com/Koharu-Restaur ... 495140926/

http://www.tokyoyaramen.com/?utm_source ... m=referral

There is also a Pho' place in the next set of business down from H-Mart. Can't remember the name off the cuff.

Edit: Just avoid the Japanese Steakhouse off 320th. Waste of money.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, are we talking about Japanese ramen places now? Lmao. I recommend Muto in Lynnwood. Their ramen rivals the best I’ve had in Los Angeles...
And their sushi? We order sushi omakaze once a month and try to go on Saturday or Sunday for the sushi. Muto gets his tuna flown in on Wednesday, so they’ll be at their best Friday or Saturday. Red snapper and yellow tail come in on Thursday so Saturday is best for yellowtail.

If you go for their ramen, get the spicy bone broth. I would not steer you wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Yep, you're right, too.

All reviewers, newspapers, etc., kept calling it that, but they, themselves, never did.

It only sticks out in my mind because we love Korean Fried Chicken, and hit some of the joints in Fedeal Way that have it. Some of them don't serve it until later, so we were hoping Bok would be legit, and easily available.

wait a sec. hold the phone. did you say federal way has legit korean fried chicken? don't mess with me man....i'm vulnerable to this stuff. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

is it good? because if i'm driving 50 miles to get this stuff, it better be good :rofl9:

Cockatoo's Chicken Restaurant and Hanmaum Restaurant are two places with good KFC...

Cockatoo's is more of a bar, than restaurant. Pay attention to the hours...you're not getting in there at noon on a Saturday...but, they have great HH deals, and you can even get Korean Corn Cheese....

Youngwol Noodle is good for noodles....

There's a huge Korean contingent in Federal Way, lots of Korean Churches, stores...some extra Korean ingredients & mini-restaurant stalls in the H-mart there.

Google Korean Restaurants Federal Way...lots of choices.

Used to be a great restaurant supply store run by a Korean guy....it was awesome, but I think the tax man got him icon_eek

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2