Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Inexpensive powdered tea? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any suggestions?

Need something shelf stable.no artificial sweeteners. Preferably with stevia or unsweetened so I can put stevia in it (and lemon/lemonade).

I've been brewing my own, drinking about a gallon every 2 days... But being with limited power in 5 ton means conserving as much as possible, so a powder or something similar might work.

I have seen cold brew, but am looking for something I can throw together 26 or 32 oz at a time that doesnt have the stay refrigerated... Iotw drink it before it goes bad. Heh

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.amazon.com/TEAki-Hut-Additives-Artificial-Ingredients/dp/B00U31XAF8?th=1
Might be worth a look see.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks! Everything I was searching for was coming up with Lipton and all the other artificial crap.

Essentially, I want to keep a bunch of lemons or lemon crystals and some bottled water around. So I can just dump the powder in, add some lemon crystals, and call it a day.. Heh

That looks inexpensive enough that I can try it if I don't like it no harm no foul. It does say 100 mg of caffeine per serving though? That's more than a cup of coffee.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Thanks! Everything I was searching for was coming up with Lipton and all the other artificial crap.

Essentially, I want to keep a bunch of lemons or lemon crystals and some bottled water around. So I can just dump the powder in, add some lemon crystals, and call it a day.. Heh

That looks inexpensive enough that I can try it if I don't like it no harm no foul. It does say 100 mg of caffeine per serving though? That's more than a cup of coffee.

:wagwoot:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Since its a powder, you could add less to reduce the caffeine. They probably have a serving as too much powder anyway, so you use more.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For an update...

I've been buying cases of 500ml water bottles (16.9oz) from Costco, out of convenience... less than $3 for 40 bottles is dirt cheap.

Now, for the tea part...

I tried stevia sweetened powdered tea packets (individually packaged), but they're EXPENSIVE.....

$22 for 36 packets...

Not sustainable...

So, after researching a TON of tea....

I dun did sumthin....

I went out and bought a couple boxes of flavored herbal and green tea.... Less than $3 for 20 bags... blueberry acai green tea, peach, raspberry, blueberry, cherry. etc. individual tea bags, not powder or loose tea....

and... drumroll....

I put the tea bag in the bottle....

No sugar... No heating..nothing.....

after about 5 minutes it has a light gentle flavor... after about 10 minutes it's perfect.... shaking it up gets it ready to drink in about 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes....

I feel really stupid for overlooking something so simple.

Black tea tends to get bitter quick, but herbal, green, and white tea are great. I left one bag in there for an hour to see what would happen, and it was a little 'off', but still very drinkable....

I'm gonna have to try it with my sodastream, making a carbonated blueberry green tea sounds interesting and may fix my need for carbonation.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's always sun tea, zero power requirements, and other than today, we've had plenty of sun to make the tea with. We used to do this all the time when I lived down in San Diego. To my taste, it doesn't even need sugar which was a huge difference from my mom's "southern" tea with one shit load of sugar in it (which we drank for years before discovering sun tea). Still like southern sweet tea, but I have to cut it with about 2/3-3/4 unsweetened these days.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you may enjoy sportea
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportea-Iced ... g/31170496

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]