Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: what did you cook today thread

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:56 pm

I got it all ground and mixed, then separated it into 1-pound piles . . . then knowing how much actual meat I started with (7.6 pounds), I created eight bags for the vacuum sealer.

I wound up with all of the bags full and one meat pile left. WTF. Musta been the added ingredients.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Must have been a fair amount of add-ins.

If just spices, that’s quite a bit of discrepancy...but, more is better :thumbsup2:

And, you had beer :cheers2:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:03 pm

NWGunner wrote:Must have been a fair amount of add-ins.

If just spices, that’s quite a bit of discrepancy...but, more is better :thumbsup2:

Well, the beer got poured into the sausage, so that's 12 ounces of it. :bigsmile:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm

MadPick wrote:
NWGunner wrote:Must have been a fair amount of add-ins.

Well, the beer got poured into the sausage, so that's 12 ounces of it. :bigsmile:

Oh, well, yeah, then...no wonder...

Hope you poured some into you :bigsmile:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Fat hotdogs on a legal open fire while sippin on a Crown Royal… :thumbsup2:

24BABB21-FB84-4780-BC17-629BABECE8BC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Okay, fine.

Cow tongue, cooking sous vide. Also some chicken thigh turning in to confit, on top.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:36 pm

WanderingWalrus wrote:Cow tongue, cooking sous vide. Also some chicken thigh turning in to confit, on top.

Would love to see follow-up on both of those. icon_eek

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm

MadPick wrote:
WanderingWalrus wrote:Cow tongue, cooking sous vide. Also some chicken thigh turning in to confit, on top.

Would love to see follow-up on both of those. icon_eek

same here, did mine in ninja foodie for an 1.5 hrs. just remember once you get it out of the heat cut the outer layer as you can, if it gets cool its harder to peel.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Did street tacos today

Forgot to take pics of actual tacos cause they were so damn good and I couldn’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Oh man, there's something about a steak grilled over charcoal like that . . . looks amazing!

What cut of beef is that? Some kind of shank cross cut?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:10 pm

MadPick wrote:Oh man, there's something about a steak grilled over charcoal like that . . . looks amazing!

What cut of beef is that? Some kind of shank cross cut?

It’s a round cut. So top round and bottom round

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Last week I ran some ribeyes through my slicer. Mixed in some B’s Rubs batch number 9 and did some phillys. Was low on cheese so had to skimp a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 pm

WTH. WaGuns lunch at I4F’s house…

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:46 pm

MadPick wrote:WTH. WaGuns lunch at I4F’s house…

Bring guns for show and tell

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:11 pm

I have more lengua for tacos than I ate last year, I suspect. About 3 pounds of it. It's fuckin' delicious though. I think that 26 hours SV at 170 was too long, though. I'll do 24 next time. It's a little too soft.

I reduced the bag juices on a hard boil, along with some ground annatto seeds and a couple of chopped up dried chillis of a kind I've forgotten - not too hot though.

I've split the rest into several portions, to freeze, so that I can have a couple of lengua tacos whenever we're having tacos of some other sort, too.
Post a reply