Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 275  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
How’d you fix the chops?

Fried them in black Iron with a little Virgin Olive Oil.

That's it, they were pre-seasoned. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
A few nights ago, Mrs. Caveman knocked it out of the park again with her classic meatloaf, made with elk burger a companied with scallop potatoes, green beans and cornbread. Good Lawdy it was good.
Attachment:
D5BC9BAC-2258-4888-9536-20CE7B65AE3D.jpeg

Lunch yesterday was a meatloaf sammich on 9 grain bread!!! Dayummm it was sooooo good!
Sorry no pics, it went in a flash!!!

Now that's comfort food! Man, I haven't had scalloped tater's in a long time. (Mental note to make some). :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:12 am

Man..... I've been meaning to assemble some meatloaf to smoke for a couple of months now, but I keep getting side tracked every time I get somewhat serious about doing it.....

Craving me some cornbread now too boss..... On a side note --- I saw a hack for jiffy cornbread --- two boxes mixed per instructions with the addition of 1 CUP of mayo AND one STICK of butter added to the mix...... They 'say' its the best cornbread ever --- almost impossible to burn and the instructions say to 'cook the shit out of it' to get the most browning and crunch..... I just don't think I could ever put THAT much more fat into a cornbread mix --- I'm happy with a spoon or two of sourcream.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Cool.

Which one did you get?
Not sure if the brand- on a road trip right now. But it was $49 at Costco and has 7 qt capacity. Very happy with it.

Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's for breakfast? Chicken fried steak fingers and gravy :thumbsup2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Man..... I've been meaning to assemble some meatloaf to smoke for a couple of months now, but I keep getting side tracked every time I get somewhat serious about doing it.....

Craving me some cornbread now too boss..... On a side note --- I saw a hack for jiffy cornbread --- two boxes mixed per instructions with the addition of 1 CUP of mayo AND one STICK of butter added to the mix...... They 'say' its the best cornbread ever --- almost impossible to burn and the instructions say to 'cook the shit out of it' to get the most browning and crunch..... I just don't think I could ever put THAT much more fat into a cornbread mix --- I'm happy with a spoon or two of sourcream.

Uggghhhh, that sounds like an artery clogging recipe!!!

Mrs. Caveman has been making it the same way for 50 years, no need to change. :wink05:
This one is almost the same but she adds 1 tsp of sugar baked in a cast iron skillet on 350* @ 40-45 mins.

Attachment:
152A38B5-B77E-4B10-A9E6-381DCC6144A8.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wifey is missing her Filipino food. Seattle had some good places she could get her "fix" at.
Idaho, is lacking.
Next step - make your own!
The first two batches were hand made. (guess who got the dough ready?)
So being the nice guy I am, I got her an early birthday present - a KitchenAid Classic mixer.
The next day she had make some siopao with me showing her how the mixer worked. I can see the future and that machine will pay for itself many times over.
For those that don't know what siopao is, the filling can be whatever meat you want. Such as chicken, pork, beef, etc.
The "bun" is soft and kinda doughy but not doughy. They can be reheated in the microwave for about 45 seconds. It takes the place of a sandwich.
The other name for these are humbow - Chinese name but essentially the same.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely done, Rick!

Those look great :thumbsup2:

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Nicely done, Rick!

Those look great :thumbsup2:

'er, those weren't ours, just a stock photo but ours are just as good.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:56 am

Caveman Jim wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

Mrs. Caveman has been making it the same way for 50 years, no need to change. :wink05:
This one is almost the same but she adds 1 tsp of sugar baked in a cast iron skillet on 350* @ 40-45 mins.

Yeah - that looks pretty much like my scratch recipe.... it seems that they tend to differ from the amount of baking powder and/or soda - it really makes a difference in the texture. I've taken to the Jiffy boxes just because corn meal is so unreasonably expensive.... I think the jiffy is just as good when you doctor it up a bit and you just can't beat it at $0.65 a box (at Fred Meyers). I've got a rogue can of cream style corn (wasn't paying attention) that I've been meaning to use in the cornbread.... I think only half a can is needed for a box, so I'm stuck making a double batch (which I don't need) or keeping a half can or corn in the fridge.... I've been happy enough throwing a chopped jalapeno and some sour cream in the mix.

You should suggest to the cavewoman to drizzle some honey on the top and spread it with the back of a spoon for the last 5 minutes of cooking..... You'll thank me later.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

I figured that out after I hit send.

What were your wife’s favorite Pinoy places here?

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWGunner wrote:
Nicely done, Rick!

Agreed! That mixer will get used a lot. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Humbow's are good! :thumbsup2:

I did Smashburger's on the blackstone.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
:ROFLMAO:

I figured that out after I hit send.

What were your wife’s favorite Pinoy places here?

In no particular order:
Jolly Bee's next to SeaFood City @ South Center
Chow King - next to Jolly Bee's
Grill City inside of SeaFood City food store
Fil Cuisine - east hill, Kent
Max's - Southcenter Pkwy

Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

Yeah - that looks pretty much like my scratch recipe.... it seems that they tend to differ from the amount of baking powder and/or soda - it really makes a difference in the texture. I've taken to the Jiffy boxes just because corn meal is so unreasonably expensive.... I think the jiffy is just as good when you doctor it up a bit and you just can't beat it at $0.65 a box (at Fred Meyers). I've got a rogue can of cream style corn (wasn't paying attention) that I've been meaning to use in the cornbread.... I think only half a can is needed for a box, so I'm stuck making a double batch (which I don't need) or keeping a half can or corn in the fridge.... I've been happy enough throwing a chopped jalapeno and some sour cream in the mix.

You should suggest to the cavewoman to drizzle some honey on the top and spread it with the back of a spoon for the last 5 minutes of cooking..... You'll thank me later.

She uses butter and honey on her cornbread once she cuts her slice in half, I’m not a sweet cornbread guy.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 275  Next