Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Recipe: Apple Pie (alcohol) 

I did 2 bottles of simply apple and a bottle of regular apple juice with a5th of everclear. I boiled it for around 45 minutes. It refilled 2 bottles and 1/2 of the other when it was all said and done.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad gave me a couple of jars for Christmas. All I know is that I woke up laid out on the couch after I started drinking it. I think once I woke up on the floor.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well after the cool down I put the a 1/5th of everclear in and I ended up with 5 and a half quarts total. It's got a good burn to it. Hopefully some time will tame it a little.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 am

It will, my dads recipe was a little different it had 1 more bottle of apple juice and 1/2 or a whole bottle of whip cream vodka in it. It was much smoother than mine and had sat for 2-3 weeks.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well it tastes good. Served it at the Superbowl and everyone liked it despite the fact that it only sat for about 4 days. My little lady caught a buzz on one glass, so she was happy. It took me about a quart to even feel the slightest effect, which is too much in my opinion, next time I'll have to make his and her batches so mine can be a little stronger.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm off to find different recipes.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is why I don't add booze to the nectar mix. I measure it out into the jars and add the display fruit while the nectar is brewing. This lets you adjust potency accordingly. All my personal jars have a "plus" sign on the lid indicating a full extra shot. Of course you can always use jar size to indicate potency like I did with this run of Strawberry:

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the recipe! Excited to try this. I wanted to add a slice or 2 of apple but the wife said it would probably turn to mush by the time it was ready to drink. She also bought the BIG jug of Everclear so I guess I'm be making more of this...LOL. People want to send me other recipes that would be awesome!!! I'm thinking the cherry and also that strawberry one ^up there looks enticing.

*think i would have preferred the 1/2 quart jars more.

**edit...been 8 days and i just took a small sip..damn! Not sure what to think. It's been in the fridge, leaving out in the cupboard for the next week now.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That time of the year

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

My Apple Pie recipe as it currently stands:

Ingredients:

-1/2 Gallon everclear (10x filtered)
-2 gallons unfiltered honeycrisp apple cider
-2 cups brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/3 cup honey
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-8 cinnamon sticks (buy the "bag your own" bulk sticks at QFC to save big over pre bottled)
-1/3 cup cloves

Instructions:

Filter your Everclear 10x through a Brita or similar filter. This step isn't necessary but I find that it gives you a much smoother drink much faster. My pie is ready to drink after a week of mellowing in the fridge. Overall loss of Everclear will be close to 50ml during the filtering process which works out to right about 7ml per liter. Not a big loss and IMO very worth it.

Combine cider, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a large pot (if you don't have a large enough pot you can use a crockpot but it's much slower). Heat on medium to a slow boil. Add sugar, brown sugar, and honey. Hold a low simmer for 10-15 minutes to incorporate sugar. Stir frequently.

While cider mix is simmering measure 250ml(app) of Everclear into 7x 1000ml mason jars or bottles. Cap them to avoid alcohol loss. When cider mix is finished strain out cloves and discard. Remove cinnamon sticks and set aside. Then add 750ml of cider mix to each jar/bottle. Cap them immediately to avoid vapor loss.

*OPTIONAL- cut cinnamon sticks in half and add a half to each bottle for a more pronounced cinnamon flavor.

Refrigerate for a week then enjoy!

Notes:

-Your proof will be: 47.5 (That is 250/1000ml = .25 x 190 proof = 47.5) This is about the sweet spot. Too much stronger and it starts to overpower the cider.

-The cloves aren't necessary but I like the character they add. Whole nutmeg is nice too if you can find it.

-It only gets better with age. If you can wait, do. Hypocrit here. 2 bottles are usually gone by the end of week 1 (I make a double recipe though)

-I guarantee this is a crowd pleaser. It has been passed around at many of Sagewa's gatherings and 2 liters usually disappear within an hour or two of arrival.

-Have fun with it! Add/subtract as you see fit. It's all about the cider and filtering the everclear. The whole idea is just to make a kick ass cider and add liquor. Taste your cider as you are making it. If it doesn't kick ass, it isn't ready yet.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ole Smokey

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mash man wrote:
Do you let it cool before you add the clear and vanilla?or as it cools?

If you add the cider while hot, tighten the lid and refrigerate it will create a suction effect similar to canning. Not as good as canning but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I pull the lid and air rushes in.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 pm

I guess it's time to get drunk really quick. This shit goes down like water. I'll try sinus infections recipe minus the cloves. That shit is overbearing.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
mash man wrote:
Do you let it cool before you add the clear and vanilla?or as it cools?

If you add the cider while hot, tighten the lid and refrigerate it will create a suction effect similar to canning. Not as good as canning but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I pull the lid and air rushes in.

What you talking about Willis?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The real stuff.....

In quart size mason jar

Core & peel granny smith apples, fill mason jar 1/2 way with apple slices

add 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves

fill balance with 80 proof shine (or store bought vodka)

seal up and let sit in dark for 3 months

filter through a coffee filter into clean mason jar (each quart jar will produce about 1/2-2/3 quart of apple pie), chill and serve

no need for additional sugar

I brought my stuff out at a party once....my 3 month endeavor was devoured inside of 3 minutes

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just made some of this for my dad (not old enough to drink). I made it with one fifth of everclear, boiled the cider for about 45 minutes.

Used about a quarter cup of brown sugar, about 1/8th cup white sugar, couple splashes of real vanilla extract and 4 cinnamon sticks. Didn't have any honey but it's already a little too sweet. I think next time I'll use less suger and more of the everclear. He said it's really good, going to leave it in the fridge for about a week.

put half of a cinnamon stick in each jar, I added a slice of apple to one jar to see how it would turn out.

If anyone on the north end is looking for the 190 proof everclear, the tulalip res liquor store had some, only had fifths though.

They said they had 10 more when we left, for about $25 each (pretty sure it was $25ish after tax).

Told us it sells pretty quickly and that someone had just bought a case and a half of it.

Called a couple safeway's and Fred Meyers trying to find it, most people thought you had to buy it in Oregon.

Thanks for the recipe, a couple jars would make a great Christmas gift.

ImageImageImage

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next