Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you eat the,,,, 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeffro wrote:
I trim large chucks of fat off my steaks, butcher should have done it already…..
Funny story,
Went to dinner with my BIL
Everyone ordered prime rib (20+people)
He asked for and ate everyone’s fat scraps with salt and pepper dunked in an jus.
About made me sick!
Dude is rail thin 6-3 160 tops

A man’s gotta eat. Different strokes for different folks. I eat every bit of bacon but I trim off gristle a steak though.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I grilled Ribeye's for dinner, there was no fat left on my plate. Now the Wife and Son's plates? Well, the dogs got some nice scraps with their dinner.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I draw the line at skunk's assholes - not gonna go there. Everything else is fair game.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, How about EGGS???

Do you hate them? or just hate the yoke? or love them?

Yoke runny or scrambled??

I make bacon and eggs every morning. Fried over easy, yokes runny. Bacon soft n greasy and fried sour dough toast to mop up every last drop of that yummy yellow gravy!

Now my wife hates the yokes and bitches anytime I leave the eggs the slightest bit runny. But she will eat fluffy scrambled eggs, no problem.

Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Skunk's asshole.

Sounds like a top shelf flavor at the smoke-n-go! :bonghit:

Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fat and such? No issues......Pho? I always get the #19 or 23........with tripe and tendon, EXTRA MEAT.

Let's switch to veggies. I love my greens. If the stems are large, I will slice and saute and then cook with the greens as a whole. My wife just uses the leafy parts and closed flowers. Shit I eat the whole works. I mean the main reason is roughage and vitamins, no?

I've see people dabbing oil off fried tortillas. Yep, Biden voters.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:17 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Growth wrote:
OK, How about EGGS???

Do you hate them? or just hate the yoke? or love them?

Yoke runny or scrambled??

Eggs hell yes, and a runny yoke (not white) is ideal.

I did a first for me the other night. I made a mixed drink with a raw egg, shaken with ice. It was delicious!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have had a raw egg in my protein drinks for the last 48 years, several times per week. They also make milk shakes nice and creamy/frothy.

Fry 'em, scramble 'em, bake 'em in a pie, eggs is good shit.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eggs are amazing especially fresh out of the coop.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My plate is clean when I finish a steak, maybe a bit of gristle. Rita not so much, the dog gets nice treats from hers. Anything that looks like fat gets trimmed away & discarded. The funny thing is, she grew up dirt poor, but maybe because steak just wasn't a thing for her growing up. When she first moved here from SE Asia, she wanted her steaks basically bendy charcoal. I bought a couple of nice rib eyes, lots of good marbling, etc. and asked her to try it my way, medium rare with the caveat that I'd grill it done-done for her if she didn't like it. She's not only a convert, but has converted most of her family as well. We served a 12lb prime rib for xmas dinner one year when they were here, and there was nothing left of it at the end of the meal.

Poultry skin? If it's done right, crispy, hell yeah, all day long. If it's done wrong (limp, wet, etc.) gak. Dog gets another treat.

Meat on the bones? I take it down to nearly nothing. If it's chicken, Rita leaves bleached bones, not so much beef or pork. The only other person I've ever know who could remove more from a chicken bone was my mom. Same thing for crabs with my dad. There wasn't anything edible left when they were done.

Pope's nose? Eh, can take it or leave it, and if my brother's around I won't get the chance any way. Oysters go to the cook and carver (or again if my brother's around you're unlikely to get the chance).

Bacon? As long as it's semi-done, don't like limp bacon. No hesitation to eat the whole thing fat & all. One of these days you guys need to try some Chinese crispy pork belly. Basically bacon that hasn't been sliced. Rita makes a fabulous pork belly. Worst bacon I ever had was on a business trip to Tokyo. The hotel restaurant served the bacon like they'd simply walked it past the plancha and let it warm up a bit. Basically raw pork & nasty. I found a curry place around the corner that was $2 for a nice plate of curry, and a couple of eggs over rice. Much nicer breakfast than the hotel restaurant.

Eggs? Over easy all day long, but stiff whites. Rita's not a big yolk fan, so I cook hers so it's set. I like either set or runny on a fried egg sandwich.

Tongue? Mostly like it in Mexican food, my dad used to make it every once in a while, and it was just OK. He liked it on sandwiches, I like it on tacos & burritos.

Cheeks? Again mostly Mexican food, but both pork & beef cheeks is damn good eats. We used to fight over it when we did kahlua pig out back. Asians will fight for fish cheeks, and even knowing about fish cheeks was a good way to get killed during the Khmer Rouge days in Cambodia because it was a rich man's meat that peasants supposedly didn't know about.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lunch. Egg frittata wrap

Garden fresh picked Amara kale and collards.

Delicious.

Ribs and three kinds of greens tonight.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't eat Uni or Natto.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:

Good decision.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Good decision.

I don't know what that is, but if Jukk won't eat it....I'm out.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of Asian, how do you guys eat shrimp or prawns at the Asian rest/buffets? Do you try to peel the fried skin and legs off or just bust the head off and suck the sludge out and eat the whole crispy critter?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next