Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you eat the,,,, 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't eat at buffets, and if the Shrimp aren't shelled already i don't order that shit.

No sludge sucking for me.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somebody said “buffets”?
https://matadornetwork.com/read/commonly-faked-foods/

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
I don't eat Uni or Natto.

Good decision.

I don't know what that is, but if Jukk won't eat it....I'm out.

I'll go you one better, belacan (pronounced BALA-chan). Fermented shrimp paste. Smells like the worst rotting fish you've ever been exposed to. Is fermented outdoors with no refrigeration. Asians seem to love it, most westerners are repulsed (at best) by the smell. However, much like fish sauce (nuac mam), it disappears into what it's cooking with, and enhances the flavor. I actually use a fair amount of nuac mam in my BBQ sauce and I've never once had somebody notice it. Belacan is stronger, but I'd bet it'd go unnoticed in a lot of dishes. I knew Rita uses it w/o telling me, but there's no mistaking the smell in the house when she does.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shrimp paste?

Oh yeah. Wow.

I can eat uni, no biggie.

Natto is just weird alien goo. No thanks.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eggs hell ya

runny to hard and everything in between..... poached 4 a day for breakfast

now balut FUCK no

shrimps I like peeled. piss's me off when you got shell on a tail and gotta fight that last little piece. crawdads too much work for a little piece

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
I don't eat Uni or Natto.

Good decision.

I don't know what that is, but if Jukk won't eat it....I'm out.

I'll go you one better, belacan (pronounced BALA-chan). Fermented shrimp paste. Smells like the worst rotting fish you've ever been exposed to. Is fermented outdoors with no refrigeration. Asians seem to love it, most westerners are repulsed (at best) by the smell. However, much like fish sauce (nuac mam), it disappears into what it's cooking with, and enhances the flavor. I actually use a fair amount of nuac mam in my BBQ sauce and I've never once had somebody notice it. Belacan is stronger, but I'd bet it'd go unnoticed in a lot of dishes. I knew Rita uses it w/o telling me, but there's no mistaking the smell in the house when she does.

Yeah, we use it some of the Thai and Filipino dishes we make.

Fermented stuff = Umami bomb :thumbsup2:

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A soldier that I hung out with was very poor in AR and his family ate chicken bones. I love chicken/turkey/beef liver. I'm pretty open, but it all has to do with how it is prepared. It also depends on if it is a survival-type situation (which I've never been in). My wife once bought salmon eggs at a bait shop thinking it would be like the stuff you get in a high-end restaurant. Let's just say it didn't work out. :throwup:
I watch all the cooking shows/websites and runny eggs on stuff seem to be popular and it makes my wife cringe. I love eggs anywhere between runny and omelet.

Last edited by golddigger14s on Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mmmm... borax.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:43 pm

I pulled the skin off the smoked chicken breast that I pulled out of the freezer - I leave it on, but it always sucks since I just make sammys out of the breast and the skin is just too rubbery and chewy.... But I took that skin and put it in a pan and threw it in the toaster oven..... I wanted the fat. Rendered it out and it left a nice 'chicken rind' and I gathered the fat to be used elsewhere. Now I've got a jar of bacon and beef and chicken fat in the fridge..... I have to label them. I'm going to make Yorkshire Puddings/popovers with that ALL that shit! And they all make awesome eggs! My Mom would be proud if she didn't believe all the 'fat is bad' shit now in her old age -- thats how she raised us...

Hell ya for fat and skin when its cooked right!!!!! It sucks when its not. And its never better than the first time --- it only gets worse and you risk drying out/over cooking anything its on. Still trying to master it on the WSM - but have got it down elsewhere.

Priced out cooking oil lately?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just had to run up to Safeway the other day for Cooking Oil....4.49 for a standard bottle of Vegetable Oil!

Oh, and Yorkshire pudding? Yes please, that's good stuff. My Mom always made it for Thanksgiving, i love that stuff.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:11 pm

I always try to pick up a bottle around the holidays when baking sales are on for ~$1.50 for the big 48 oz bottles --- the best I could do last year was the small 24 oz for that price last year and I haven't seen it any cheaper since then....

Going to smoke up a pork butt and was hoping to get a bunch of fat trimmings for some lard, but the one I picked up has a minimal fat cap - usually what I look for, but now I want it the other way.... I'm thinking there will be barely enough there to make it worth it.... so I'll be throwing the trimmings on the fire for more flavor instead.

Gonna make the Yorkshires tomorrow before the heat comes in!!!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where did you get that Pork butt? Ever go to Cash and carry or whatever they call themselves now?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:03 am

usrifle wrote:
Where did you get that Pork butt? Ever go to Cash and carry or whatever they call themselves now?

I picked it up at FM last week (or two) when they had them for $1.50/# --- pretty pissed that I didn't pick one up just before Mday when they were a $1/#.... but my freezer stash was running low and I wanted to replenish.

Haven't been into the C&C for a while now --- sale prices at FM and QFC are usually better and I don't need their costco sized packages.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't really beat those FM prices. The CC packs are usually 2 butts, i just freeze one of them.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Haven't been into the C&C for a while now --- sale prices at FM and QFC are usually better and I don't need their costco sized packages.

I dont find their prices to be all that impressive. We mostly go there for trays and utensils and consumable type of supplies like dawn etc.
Need been fond of their meat prices.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next