Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lumberjack Pellets 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sigman wrote:
So if you want to be a Dick, there's an anti-2A sporting goods chain out there that carries Lumberjack. I hate them for their ass-kissing of the gun grabbers, but I love me some Lumberjack pellets. Hopefully, I can find another source before I run out.

Nicely phrased! :thumbsup2:

:ROFLMAO:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sigman wrote:
So if you want to be a Dick, there's an anti-2A sporting goods chain out there that carries Lumberjack. I hate them for their ass-kissing of the gun grabbers, but I love me some Lumberjack pellets. Hopefully, I can find another source before I run out.

Fuck them, no matter the availability or the price.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eh, I'm running with Kingsford Hickory off Safeway at about $14/20lbs which seems like a decent compromise since it's 100% pure. I'm mostly using my pellet grill for grilling right now anyways.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:

100% Agree, but I liked the way he phrased it :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:45 pm

bubblewhip wrote:
Eh, I'm running with Kingsford Hickory off Safeway at about $14/20lbs which seems like a decent compromise since it's 100% pure. I'm mostly using my pellet grill for grilling right now anyways.

You'll have to let us know if there is any difference if/when you get any other brand....
Keep an eye out --- the Kingsford and Bear Mountain go on sale for $10 quite often.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:

Luckily, I've found a fantastic source for Lumberjack pellets right in my own neighborhood. This morning I met up with Jeff of http://jandsgrills.com/ and picked up 10 bags of Competition Blend for $11 each. I used to buy other brands of pellets from Jeff before Larry (Lamrith) got me hooked on Lumberjack. When I reached out to Jeff earlier this week, he confirmed that he's now a Lumberjack dealer and that is 90% of what he sells. For anyone looking for a great price on a quality smoking pellet, give J & S Grills a call. You won't regret it.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sigman wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:

Luckily, I've found a fantastic source for Lumberjack pellets right in my own neighborhood. This morning I met up with Jeff of http://jandsgrills.com/ and picked up 10 bags of Competition Blend for $11 each. I used to buy other brands of pellets from Jeff before Larry (Lamrith) got me hooked on Lumberjack. When I reached out to Jeff earlier this week, he confirmed that he's now a Lumberjack dealer and that is 90% of what he sells. For anyone looking for a great price on a quality smoking pellet, give J & S Grills a call. You won't regret it.

Interesting.

I had mentioned them in a PM to some folks on here, but since I found them on the Lumberjack site, and hadn’t used them myself, I didn’t post here yet.

Glad you had a good experience :thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sigman wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:

Nice. For others who may be wondering, it looks like they are in Kent.

Here’s the “About us” info from their website:

J&S Grills wrote:
We Do What We LOVE!

We LOVE to grill! Everything that we sell we use…We continually research the world of BBQ grilling and stock only the finest in grills and grilling accessories. The same things we use to feed our own families!

We are a family owned and operated Authorized Dealer in Kent, WA. We provide superior sales, service and support.

We stock a variety of Wood pellet grills, pellets, spices, sauces and grill and outdoor accessories. We also stock parts for your grill, should you ever need one.

Does your grill need repair? Contact us for a quote. We can also provide setup, delivery and layaway.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Sigman wrote:

Nice. For others who may be wondering, it looks like they are in Kent.

Here’s the “About us” info from their website:

J&S Grills wrote:
We Do What We LOVE!

We LOVE to grill! Everything that we sell we use…We continually research the world of BBQ grilling and stock only the finest in grills and grilling accessories. The same things we use to feed our own families!

We are a family owned and operated Authorized Dealer in Kent, WA. We provide superior sales, service and support.

We stock a variety of Wood pellet grills, pellets, spices, sauces and grill and outdoor accessories. We also stock parts for your grill, should you ever need one.

Does your grill need repair? Contact us for a quote. We can also provide setup, delivery and layaway.

Jeff is a great guy, and is a wealth of information about smokers and pellets. A friend of mine used to work with him at Boeing years ago, and they've stayed in touch every since. He was the one that introduced me to Jeff when I needed fuel and parts for my smokers. He lives out by Lake Morton, so it's a beautiful 15 minute drive for me.

I asked Jeff about a group buy, and he said he wouldn't be opposed to doing something along those lines. However, Lumberjack has moved the goalposts a bit on that front. Larry used to be able to amalgamate however many flavors he wanted in order to build a pallet. Now Lumberjack only allows up to 4 flavors per pallet. Of course, if we could put together an order of 2 pallets, that would pretty much cover the gamut. They have also helped out on that front by eliminating some of the flavors. Here is a link to their current line-up. https://bbqlumberjack.com/our-pellets/

Jeff said he could probably do $9.00 per bag (excluding the premium flavors) if we did a group buy, with one main caveat. We would set one or two time windows, and all pickups would take place within those windows. This would be easier if we had a handful of guys from different areas who could pick up all orders for their neighbors. Of course, if someone had a warehouse or garage that was more accessible to the majority of the members, that would work, too.

From reading Larry's threads, it might be a bit of a challenge drumming up enough interest to put together a group buy on here. Since I just picked up 10 bags, it may be a while before I'm ready for more myself. However, I thought I would put this out there now to see what kind of feedback we get.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might be interested in group buy. I got maybe another couple of cooks left and need pellets. I'm gonna check out a place tomorrow seeing what they have and price. last i knew 20 or 21 flavors just up the road from larry.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sigman wrote:
I asked Jeff about a group buy, and he said he wouldn't be opposed to doing something along those lines. However, Lumberjack has moved the goalposts a bit on that front. Larry used to be able to amalgamate however many flavors he wanted in order to build a pallet. Now Lumberjack only allows up to 4 flavors per pallet. Of course, if we could put together an order of 2 pallets, that would pretty much cover the gamut. They have also helped out on that front by eliminating some of the flavors. Here is a link to their current line-up. https://bbqlumberjack.com/our-pellets/

Jeff said he could probably do $9.00 per bag (excluding the premium flavors) if we did a group buy, with one main caveat. We would set one or two time windows, and all pickups would take place within those windows. This would be easier if we had a handful of guys from different areas who could pick up all orders for their neighbors. Of course, if someone had a warehouse or garage that was more accessible to the majority of the members, that would work, too.

From reading Larry's threads, it might be a bit of a challenge drumming up enough interest to put together a group buy on here. Since I just picked up 10 bags, it may be a while before I'm ready for more myself. However, I thought I would put this out there now to see what kind of feedback we get.

I'd be in for a handful of bags in a group buy . . . but honestly, I think sometimes we spend way too many calories on group buys, and it costs us a dollar to save a dime. Really, I don't mind just spending $11/bag when I need them.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let me rekindle this thread for a bit....

Bass Pro is selling Cabelas brand pellets for $9.99/20 pounds. The Cabelas pellets are apparently made by Lumberjack. thumbsup

Order six bags, and you get free shipping (free shipping for $50+).

I just ordered six bags, and my grand total was $66, which is basically $60 plus tax. Deliver is expected by April 7th, three days from now.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas ... od-pellets

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've totally switched over to Knotty Wood Plum. It's extremely high quality and I can get it from Home Depot at a reasonable price.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:41 pm

bubblewhip wrote:
I've totally switched over to Knotty Wood Plum. It's extremely high quality and I can get it from Home Depot at a reasonable price.

Have you tried the almond yet?
Get ready for the wine infused pellets....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:

Have you tried the almond yet?
Get ready for the wine infused pellets....

Oh baby! :bow:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next