Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: Let's talk vodka.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Tito's or Monopolowa. There might be better vodkas for more $$$, but none that are the same price or cheaper.

Damn. Now I want a White Russian but it might end up being a White Puerto Rican with what I have lying around.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:27 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
L_O_G wrote:Titos.

Try the Belvedere brother, you will thank me later. :bigsmile:

+1 Belvedere is very good! Polaks know vodka!

They make a 4x's distilled version too. Try that one, all the rest will pale in comparison.
https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/vodka ... rules=true

Well, you know, if you insist then I just might have to. But just because you insisted.

For a cheap and relatively clean vodka Platinum 10x distilled for $18 otd is tough to beat. Don’t buy the 7x. It tastes like someone poured everclear over dirty potato peels then bottled it.

Shit, didn't even know Platinum makes a 10x. I drink their 7x a lot. For cheap shit vodka, that's my go to.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:54 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:

They make a 4x's distilled version too. Try that one, all the rest will pale in comparison.

Well, you know, if you insist then I just might have to. But just because you insisted.

For a cheap and relatively clean vodka Platinum 10x distilled for $18 otd is tough to beat. Don’t buy the 7x. It tastes like someone poured everclear over dirty potato peels then bottled it.

Shit, didn't even know Platinum makes a 10x. I drink their 7x a lot. For cheap shit vodka, that's my go to.

Your liver has earned an opinion. Shit. Your liver has earned a lisp and a gimpy leg. Try the 10x. It’s a big step up. Hell, it’s not even in the same arena as the 7x.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Your liver has earned an opinion. Shit. Your liver has earned a lisp and a gimpy leg. Try the 10x. It’s a big step up. Hell, it’s not even in the same arena as the 7x.

Twisting my arm awfully hard bud. I suppose I can give it a go. Probably just a taster, a little sip. :bigsmile:

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:00 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Twisting my arm awfully hard bud. I suppose I can give it a go. Probably just a taster, a little sip. :bigsmile:

Well skip it for this week. I’ll bring you up a bottle for the swine tasting. And maybe something else to compare it to.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 am

No love for Kirkland brand?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 am

Just a to tease you folks, here is what I pay for Vodka in Arizona...these are 1.75 (1/2 gallon) sizes

Grey Goose: $44.62
Ketel One: $30.32
Tito's: $28.22
Absolute: $23.72
Skyy: $16.98
Smirinoff: $16.20
Svedka: $15.12
New Amsterdam: $14.88
Member's Mark (house brand): $12.98

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 am

TINCANBANDIT wrote:Just a to tease you folks, here is what I pay for Vodka in Arizona...these are 1.75 (1/2 gallon) sizes

Grey Goose: $44.62
Ketel One: $30.32
Tito's: $28.22
Absolute: $23.72
Skyy: $16.98
Smirinoff: $16.20
Svedka: $15.12
New Amsterdam: $14.88
Member's Mark (house brand): $12.98

Not bad. I can scoot to Idaho or get on to Fairchild and get prices like this too.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 pm

OhShoot! wrote:No love for Kirkland brand?

The tall one is pretty good. The short one, not so much.

You guys might also try Effin if you find a decent price. It’s pretty good..

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Bxc53 wrote:

The Kirkland French vodka (the tall one) is our well vodka at home. It’s good. Not great, but definitely good.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:08 am

Pinnacle vodka is pretty good for the price. $14 on post here in OK.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:27 am

Sinus211 wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

The Kirkland French vodka (the tall one) is our well vodka at home. It’s good. Not great, but definitely good.

I am told, by people who work in purchasing department at Costco, that Kirkland brand vodka that is the tall bottle is Grey Goose vodka, just in a Kirkland bottle...

but Belvedere has been the go-to, especially if you have people that can buy it for you at the PX at $15 a bottle, fuck yeah :thumbsup2:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:56 am

movingviolation wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

I am told, by people who work in purchasing department at Costco, that Kirkland brand vodka that is the tall bottle is Grey Goose vodka, just in a Kirkland bottle...

but Belvedere has been the go-to, especially if you have people that can buy it for you at the PX at $15 a bottle, fuck yeah :thumbsup2:

I've heard that too, but also saw a credible report that they are not the same. I think that an extensive blind taste test is in order....

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am

I like Reyka vodka from Iceland. I started drinking it after a stop off in Iceland and it was the vodka that was readily available everywhere I went in Iceland. It's so smooth it's like drinking water which can get one into trouble when you don't realize you drank the bottle empty.

Grey Goose and Ketel one are my other go to vodkas.

Not a fan of Tito's as I don't like the flavor but I do have some for those that like it. Usually the girls.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 pm

WUAD wrote:I like Reyka vodka from Iceland. I started drinking it after a stop off in Iceland and it was the vodka that was readily available everywhere I went in Iceland. It's so smooth it's like drinking water which can get one into trouble when you don't realize you drank the bottle empty.

Grey Goose and Ketel one are my other go to vodkas.

Not a fan of Tito's as I don't like the flavor but I do have some for those that like it. Usually the girls.

+1 for the Reyka, we drink that here too. Smooooooooth.
Post a reply