Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: Blueberries!!!!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 am

Thanks again guys! It's much appreciated!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am

in the original post, why does the blueberries look like............... crap?

We have a couple of blueberry bushes. One of them produces a profound amount of blueberries..... When picked (and not eaten right then) mostly goes into the freezer for us to enjoy the rest of the year............ Yummy.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 am

danoh wrote:in the original post, why does the blueberries look like............... crap?

Yeah, I keep looking at that pic too. I think I must have "photoshopped" the lighting, and it did indeed make the blueberries look a little off.

Trust me, they were anything but crap. thumbsup

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:16 am

I’ve been working through my 30 pound box.

Every day I’m having a blueberry, banana, chocolate protein powder, Greek yogurt and milk shake for lunch. Delicious!

And when I go to get more from my freezer, it looks like I haven’t touched the box, there’s so many in there.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 pm

For all you guys that are throwing the blueberries in vodka..... I ran across this video of a guy making moonshine and flavoring it with strawberries - I think the same would/should hold true with the blueberries.....

I've been contemplating whether I should/need/want to get a still and make my own moonshine.... so I keep getting all the still/moonshine/flavoring vids loaded to yt. It appears that the way to flavor the liquor is is to soak the fruit in hi proof liquor - 150 or 190 - and then add back the right amount of water and sugar to keep the proof up --- if you are starting with 80 proof, its only going to go down from there. Good tip on adding some lemon juice to keep the color too.

Save the vodka and start with some 150 or 190 Everclear.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:18 pm

OK --- so the guy actually made a blueberry spirit video....

And also one for lemon too....

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:08 pm

I don't know how I missed this and am looking forward to the next opportunity!

Jack

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:17 pm

Jack wrote:I don't know how I missed this and am looking forward to the next opportunity!

Jack

Send him a PM, you be able to get some thiis round

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:01 pm

Don’t know what to call it but there’s blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, honey, lemon juice, and vodka involved and it’s damn tasty.

Thanks again Slashbike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 am

Umm, yes please ... sounds amazing!

Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 am

Hey has anyone had deliveries for the frozen blueberries from slashbike around tacoma area ? I put in for two boxes and haven’t heard back on any pms I’ve sent or anything , and seems the post was deleted. Just curious if things are still on or if things changed ... if anyone has any info on those deliveries let me know please !

Fri May 14, 2021 6:25 am

The classified post will get auto-deleted from time to time, yes. I know they are still up and running, I just saw a Facebook post by the blueberry farm yesterday!

Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm

MadPick wrote:The classified post will get auto-deleted from time to time, yes. I know they are still up and running, I just saw a Facebook post by the blueberry farm yesterday!

Hope so cuz I have been looking forward to getting the bulk box !

Tue May 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Argh, my freezer went out and I lost my stash - let me know when you're coming down Olympia way again!
Cheers

Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:57 am

I’m still alive guys! I’ve been buried in work at the farm. I’ll be making the next blueberry run sometime in September, after harvest time.
Post a reply