Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Blackstone Griddle 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got a Blackstone from one of the kids for a Xmas Present and absolutely love it, so far the best thing we have made on is Pork Fried Rice, and Burger Dips....MMMMMMM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doing Philly cheese steaks next. I love that griddle already! I was getting bored with smoking meat so it was time to try something different.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bearhunter99 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Nice! Hopefully you got the updated one with the better top. There was an issue with the way the top was formed and warping. Had something to do with the side drain and the way the heat wasn't transferring evenly across the top.

I hope i got the updated one too, though i never saw anything about a lid issue in reviews of it. The lid is pretty heavy gauge so we'll see.

Not the lid.. The top.. The cooking surface.

Really? It does have a 1 Year warranty so if it happens hopefully they will take care of it.
I just measured the thickness of the sides, it's .160 or 5/32 Steel. Not sure if the cooking surface is thicker, but with the reinforcement on the bottom i sure don't see it warping.

I would guess you got the one with the "better top". Those reinforcing bars welded to the bottom are probably there to keep the surface from warping.

MD's post surprised me, I have looked online and i can't find anything about the Expert Griddle warping. My Google Fu may have failed me though.

I'm not worried about it at all with all that reinforcement on the underside as well as the thickness of the Steel. Time will tell, but i'm very happy with the quality of my unit.

I see more smashburger's (with bacon) coming tomorrow. After that, Philly Cheese steak sandwiches. :bigsmile:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I heard of it though one of the Blackstone FB groups I am in... There may just be some "BlackStone is LIFE" people in there. Looking at your photo, I'd say that's a stout top. I wouldn't worry about it. I use my Blackstone 3-4x a week still, love it.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the portable 22inch BS that we use for camping, and the bottom of mine looks just like the bottom of what usrifle's griddle looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if the tops were outsourced. I had to modify mine as the griddle pin inserts were a touch crooked due to some shitty welding.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the 22” BS. But thinking of moving up to the 36”. The 22 is great but when the whole fam is over the extra space sure would be nice.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
I have the portable 22inch BS that we use for camping, and the bottom of mine looks just like the bottom of what usrifle's griddle looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if the tops were outsourced. I had to modify mine as the griddle pin inserts were a touch crooked due to some shitty welding.

Probably the same vendor then. Do the Blackstone tops have a slot for the grease drain, or something else?
Since both are made in China, they could even come from the same factory.

All I know is I'm happy with my Expert Grills griddle and I made more Smash burgers today. :thumbsup2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife is about to hate me (more).
https://blackstoneproducts.com/products ... 81fced8a81

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:

Buy gas and go bigger. That's pretty little at 22 inches. I bought a 28 inch and i wish i had gone bigger...It's like a Safe, buy bigger than you think you need.

The 28 inch Blackstone Gas is actually cheaper than that 22 inch Electric too. :bigsmile:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Buy gas and go bigger. That's pretty little at 22 inches. I bought a 28 inch and i wish i had gone bigger...It's like a Safe, buy bigger than you think you need.

The 28 inch Blackstone Gas is actually cheaper than that 22 inch Electric too. :bigsmile:

My gas BS is actually a 17 incher and is more than enough for me and the wife. But I like the inside-the-house aspect. (Not that I didn't use my gas one inside.) icon_eek

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thread revival... So i have been loving my 28 inch Expert Grills Griddle from Walmart, but i wanted more real estate. Step son gets the 28 inch since he's just cooking for himself, and i get a Blackstone 36 inch 4 burner. :bigsmile:

If Expert Grills made a 36 inch, i would have bought it. I really like the Lid. It really helps with steaming and such.

Now I need a bigger Deck. :rofl9:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:40 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:

Damn you, autocorrect! :cussing:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Thread revival... So i have been loving my 28 inch Expert Grills Griddle from Walmart, but i wanted more real estate. Step son gets the 28 inch since he's just cooking for himself, and i get a Blackstone 36 inch 4 burner. :bigsmile:

If Expert Grills made a 36 inch, i would have bought it. I really like the Lid. It really helps with steaming and such.

Can't have too much flat top. I have a 36" Pro. If they made a 48", I'd have that. Dont always need to run 4 burners, but its sure nice to have the space.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Can't have too much flat top. I have a 36" Pro. If they made a 48", I'd have that. Dont always need to run 4 burners, but its sure nice to have the space.

Yeah, you can never have too much space, just like a Safe.

MadPick wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Damn you, autocorrect! :cussing:

icon_eek :cussing:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up the new Blackstone 36 today. I still need to season it, but she's ready to go.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next