Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Organic Coffee Source? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not hardcore about pursuing organic foods, but coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed crops so I do try and use organic. I also prefer grinding my own from whole beans. Costco recently quit carrying the only whole bean organic coffee they had, which we had been buying for years.

I can't seem to find anything that matches the price / lb we were getting at Costco, anybody have recommendations for where to find affordable beans for less than $8/lb? Or am I just totally spoiled and out of touch after years of a great deal at Costco?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
I'm not hardcore about pursuing organic foods, but coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed crops so I do try and use organic. I also prefer grinding my own from whole beans. Costco recently quit carrying the only whole bean organic coffee they had, which we had been buying for years.

I can't seem to find anything that matches the price / lb we were getting at Costco, anybody have recommendations for where to find affordable beans for less than $8/lb? Or am I just totally spoiled and out of touch after years of a great deal at Costco?

Yes, you are out of touch. :ROFLMAO:

Divided we fall.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is Kivu organic? Because I love that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Chip wrote:

Yes, you are out of touch. :ROFLMAO:

I’m afraid I have to agree. You might check the local roadsters for bargains. Some have a Company Store at HQ that have good prices. We get a lot of whole bean coffee from Fidalgo Coffee in Skagit County. Their store is attached to the main plant and often has really good prices on various coffees that for one reason or the other aren't in the stories

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The deal at Costco was $6 / lb, so I didn't think it unreasonable to hope there'd be something $1-2 above that. The Costco business center in Fife actually does carry something at $7 / lb, but my wife doesn't like it.

Hope maybe someone will have the one golden nugget I need!

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe try a different Costco and stock it back deep?

Branches of Costco sometimes carry or discontinue different items.

Or talk to the Costco manager and request they restock it...

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.freshroastedcoffee.com/coll ... %20Organic

I think they have a blend or two around $8/lbs. They roast it after you order too so its very fresh. You have to spend $20 for free shipping.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a fan of Raven's Brew coffee, their Dead Mans Reach is excellent if you like a bold coffee. They have organic, but it can range from $10-$13 a pound. But totally worth it IMO. I'm also slightly biased because this is roasted in my hometown, and I know the artist who did almost all the package artwork. All of their roasts are tasty though.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
https://www.freshroastedcoffee.com/collections/coffee?_=pf&pf_t_certifications=USDA%20Organic

I think they have a blend or two around $8/lbs. They roast it after you order too so its very fresh. You have to spend $20 for free shipping.

Thanks for that link! They do have some stuff that runs about $8/lb if you buy 5 lbs, which gets you free shipping, and that will work for me. They also happen to be running a 25% off special right now that puts some stuff down in the $6-7/lb range. I WILL be giving them a try.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, there we go. Just ordered 2 different 2lb bags from freshroastedcoffee.com for $24.67 delivered. Mission accomplished. Even without the 25% deal it would have been $32, so still $8/lb reg price.

Thanks again spaghetti monster!

Still looking for any local brick & mortar sources if they're out there.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
Well, there we go. Just ordered 2 different 2lb bags from freshroastedcoffee.com for $24.67 delivered. Mission accomplished. Even without the 25% deal it would have been $32, so still $8/lb reg price.

Thanks again spaghetti monster!

Still looking for any local brick & mortar sources if they're out there.

No worries. After you order they usually will send you coupon codes. They seem to have sales often too.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also it isn't all organic so you have to search for that. But the majority of it is single origin. Not sure how easily a coffee farm in Java gets USDA certified organic.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hate coffee. It's burnt trash, however you need to get in touch with member Milowebailey. Just saying.....

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Maybe try a different Costco and stock it back deep?

Branches of Costco sometimes carry or discontinue different items.

Or talk to the Costco manager and request they restock it...

Thanks for the idea LC. I live almost equidistant from the Puyallup, Fife, and Fed Wy Costcos. All 3 used to carry it, but no more. Hadn't checked Bonney Lake or Tacoma as I'm not over there frequently.
But the idea of back stocking kind of defeats my goal of always using fresh beans too, so am hoping this other source proves solid.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]