Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:04 pm


Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms RAFFLE
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 ** WaGuns Server Migration - COMPLETE 
Author Message
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31726
Real Name: Dan
Pablo wrote:
Now WTF? Screwed back up again.


I have heard this from a couple different people. Looks like some large ISP's are not following the TTL and flushing their DNS when they damn please. Your ISP will bounce you around through it's system and all of a sudden you land on a machine that hasn't had it's DNS flushed and back to the old site.

Frustrating, but please know there is nothing we can do about this. It should have been resolved in no more than 24 hours, but it looks like 48 for the last of the stragglers.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: N Lynnwood
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011
Posts: 5890
Real Name: Al Zinck
Supposed to do MX and domain changes on Friday afternoons.
Ya, I know. Sometimes they just do it early.

Was in the middle of a DHS class one Saturday and got a message "You were listed as the technical contact for xxx corp, just wanted to let you know the domain was transferred to the new server but we had a few problems. They can't receive email and the website doesn't display properly."
First time I heard about it! They hired a new website designer who couldn't write html code (owners sons baby momma) so they decided to switch servers without telling their IT guy.

_________________
"The thing that surprised me is not that Hillary bought a political party, but that the price was so reasonable!" Scott Adams, Dilbert Creator
NRA Life Member


Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 6668
Real Name: Jeff McWhiteypants
Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Now WTF? Screwed back up again.


I have heard this from a couple different people. Looks like some large ISP's are not following the TTL and flushing their DNS when they damn please. Your ISP will bounce you around through it's system and all of a sudden you land on a machine that hasn't had it's DNS flushed and back to the old site.

Frustrating, but please know there is nothing we can do about this. It should have been resolved in no more than 24 hours, but it looks like 48 for the last of the stragglers.

It's happened three times to me.

All three times I had to log in again.

That's going to get old if it keeps happening.


The site IS faster!

Thank you to everyone who made the swap possible.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

_________________
-Jeff
Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?


Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 11088
Real Name: Ace Tenemem Reroader
Working now. Interesting shit. I guess!!

_________________
Charlie don't surf for his hamburger Momma


Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31726
Real Name: Dan
Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Now WTF? Screwed back up again.


I have heard this from a couple different people. Looks like some large ISP's are not following the TTL and flushing their DNS when they damn please. Your ISP will bounce you around through it's system and all of a sudden you land on a machine that hasn't had it's DNS flushed and back to the old site.

Frustrating, but please know there is nothing we can do about this. It should have been resolved in no more than 24 hours, but it looks like 48 for the last of the stragglers.

It's happened three times to me.

All three times I had to log in again.

That's going to get old if it keeps happening.


The site IS faster!

Thank you to everyone who made the swap possible.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:



Having to re-log in means you still have a cookie out there fighting with another cookie. What our problem is with, is the ISP's saying WaGuns is still over on the old server ,where people get the old site with a message saying that they are at the old site (and it's locked down, no posts).


Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 6668
Real Name: Jeff McWhiteypants
Massivedesign wrote:
Having to re-log in means you still have a cookie out there fighting with another cookie. What our problem is with, is the ISP's saying WaGuns is still over on the old server ,where people get the old site with a message saying that they are at the old site (and it's locked down, no posts).

Thank you. Simple solution for me, then. Delete the cookies, and let it set it again. :bigsmile:

I'll do that.

The times when this has happened, have been the times when it does the DNS thing. Says I am at the old site, the work is in progress, then the next time it actually finds you again, I have to log in again.

EDIT: Done done done! (And you were correct. There were waguns cookies there before, that are not there now. At least two old ones disappeared and didn't come back again.)

By the way, the login page is not secure. (It doesn't have the "HTTPS://" in the url. Firefox says it's not secure and the info you enter could be accessed by 'other parties'.)(I put the https:// into the url myself, reloaded that, and firefox was fine with it. That is part of why it was getting old, fast. LOL)

_________________
-Jeff
Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?


Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31726
Real Name: Dan
We received our SSL cert this AM. HTTPS will be coming... Last time I tried it, I fuckered some shit up though lol.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 6668
Real Name: Jeff McWhiteypants
Massivedesign wrote:
We received our SSL cert this AM. HTTPS will be coming... Last time I tried it, I fuckered some shit up though lol.

LOL

By the way, I wasn't complaining. Just trying to give useful information.

_________________
-Jeff
Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?


Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Puget Sound
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014
Posts: 2615
Real Name: Brian
Who did you get your SSL cert from?


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Toledo
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016
Posts: 98
Real Name: Steve
Massivedesign wrote:
We received our SSL cert this AM. HTTPS will be coming... Last time I tried it, I fuckered some shit up though lol.



check into https://letsencrypt.org/
Free, renews every 3 months, wildcards coming soon.

_________________
From a friend:
Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31726
Real Name: Dan
snozzberries wrote:
Who did you get your SSL cert from?


JPC/cPanel. It’s installed now, just add https. I’ll test it with the dummy site and htaccess this week for auto redirect.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.790s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]