Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: Cookin' with Cap'n

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:54 am

Can people under 21 dine there? Daughter will be home today (19). Thanks

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:39 am

Yes we have a family dining area. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I will be working tommorrow night as well.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:39 am

It's on our list, it will be my vote. But two women - I might not win the election. My wife liked the place before, so we have that going for us. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:43 am

There's something for everyone on our menu. If you like fried oysters, I highly recommend the Oyster Po'Boy.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am

Captain90s wrote:There's something for everyone on our menu. If you like fried oysters, I highly recommend the Oyster Po'Boy.

Oh wow...........love me a Oyster Po'Boy. Been known to eat two!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Glad I live way south, otherwise I might hate this thread.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Pablo wrote:
Captain90s wrote:There's something for everyone on our menu. If you like fried oysters, I highly recommend the Oyster Po'Boy.

I had the Bacon aioli Burger with a pint of the Kolsch. Great combo and excellent hamboigah!!

And after all these years we met (very briefly) face to face!! Dude looked busy and I was tired like hell.

I screwed up and didn't order a Po'boy to go!!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:04 am

Pablo wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I had the Bacon aioli Burger with a pint of the Kolsch. Great combo and excellent hamboigah!!

And after all these years we met (very briefly) face to face!! Dude looked busy and I was tired like hell.

I screwed up and didn't order a Po'boy to go!!

I was indeed very busy. Sorry if I stared at you like a deer in the headlights haha. It actually wasn't until later that I realized who you were.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 am

Captain90s wrote:
I was indeed very busy. Sorry if I stared at you like a deer in the headlights haha. It actually wasn't until later that I realized who you were.

Oh, okay....hah.....I told the waitress to tell you "Pablo" is in the house. Funny.......the burger tasted like it was special made for me :rofl9: :rofl9: It's OK I left a 4 star review on Yelp regardless.
So is the place still owned by the same people? We went in when it first opened (last year?) - place had a bit different vibe. Prices definitely keep the Mawnroe riff-raff out. :bonghit: :popcorn:

I must say I REALLY enjoyed Japan v. Korea women's curling on the big screen. Wife noticed.

Shit, should have ordered a po'boy too.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:51 am

The place is still owned by the same folks, yes. When the Taproom first opened, however, they had an outside company managing the kitchen. Quality wasn't great, so that's when they took over the kitchen completely and hired Chef Chapter.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am

Will need an excuse to drive to Monroe and get the po boy. Starving.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Pablo wrote:Will need an excuse to drive to Monroe and get the po boy. Starving.

The po-boy IS the excuse!! Time's-a-wastin, boy, gitcher butt in gear and git over there!

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Stuck in Redmond, so I was forced to eat a Reuben.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Hate to break it to you two, but the Oyster Po'Boy was a special for last weekend, it's gone now. This weekend we did a Shrimp Po'boy, started on Friday, and sold out by the end of Saturday.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm

I just checked the menu....I need me some Fish Taco's, Yum.
:thumbsup2:
Post a reply