Post a reply

Re: Single Malt Scotch Whisky Dinner!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Do it, people ... you won’t regret it.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

MadPick wrote:Do it, people ... you won’t regret it.

Not without you, Dan.

I mean Steve.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 pm

I’ll be IN for the next one. Like Dan, I’ll be just returning from Shot Show this week. I strongly encourage you to attend if you can. Flat Iron Grill is simply awesome.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Great night last night. Seeing as how it Robert Burns Day, I recited his “Address To A Haggis” poem as the haggis was brought out. Our chef nailed it. Delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Yup, rub it in . . . . :cussing:

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:43 pm

such fancy big words.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 am

Sorry I couldn't make this.

I will leave this quote, which I'm sure Breck is familiar with:

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 am

Breck, that is really cool what you guys put on!
I'd wished I'd seen this sooner. Perhaps next year!

By the way, we're taking a "Companion" urn back to Scotland in the next couple of years to scatter mom's ashes.
We have a very detailed book of our genealogy that began with hand written notes by great great great grandmas in the early 1800's, now typed up in a family book and updated over the generations. one branch of our tree goes back to 1486 or so in Scotland. The coolest thing about this book kept up by relatives over the generations is that there is a page describing what life was like in their time. I made it mandatory reading for my children so they would appreciate what they have compared to relatives! (For instance, one great great grandmother got a butter churn for the first time...her description made it sound like an Apple Watch today! LOL!)

I wear the Finley Coat of Arms- Barry of Six sword on my arm from the family crest. I've still got to get the shield done behind the sword.

Post a reply