Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 ** WaGuns Server Migration - COMPLETE 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
Now WTF? Screwed back up again.

I have heard this from a couple different people. Looks like some large ISP's are not following the TTL and flushing their DNS when they damn please. Your ISP will bounce you around through it's system and all of a sudden you land on a machine that hasn't had it's DNS flushed and back to the old site.

Frustrating, but please know there is nothing we can do about this. It should have been resolved in no more than 24 hours, but it looks like 48 for the last of the stragglers.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Supposed to do MX and domain changes on Friday afternoons.
Ya, I know. Sometimes they just do it early.

Was in the middle of a DHS class one Saturday and got a message "You were listed as the technical contact for xxx corp, just wanted to let you know the domain was transferred to the new server but we had a few problems. They can't receive email and the website doesn't display properly."
First time I heard about it! They hired a new website designer who couldn't write html code (owners sons baby momma) so they decided to switch servers without telling their IT guy.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I have heard this from a couple different people. Looks like some large ISP's are not following the TTL and flushing their DNS when they damn please. Your ISP will bounce you around through it's system and all of a sudden you land on a machine that hasn't had it's DNS flushed and back to the old site.

Frustrating, but please know there is nothing we can do about this. It should have been resolved in no more than 24 hours, but it looks like 48 for the last of the stragglers.

It's happened three times to me.

All three times I had to log in again.

That's going to get old if it keeps happening.

The site IS faster!

Thank you to everyone who made the swap possible.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Working now. Interesting shit. I guess!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:

It's happened three times to me.

All three times I had to log in again.

That's going to get old if it keeps happening.

The site IS faster!

Thank you to everyone who made the swap possible.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

Having to re-log in means you still have a cookie out there fighting with another cookie. What our problem is with, is the ISP's saying WaGuns is still over on the old server ,where people get the old site with a message saying that they are at the old site (and it's locked down, no posts).

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Having to re-log in means you still have a cookie out there fighting with another cookie. What our problem is with, is the ISP's saying WaGuns is still over on the old server ,where people get the old site with a message saying that they are at the old site (and it's locked down, no posts).

Thank you. Simple solution for me, then. Delete the cookies, and let it set it again. :bigsmile:

I'll do that.

The times when this has happened, have been the times when it does the DNS thing. Says I am at the old site, the work is in progress, then the next time it actually finds you again, I have to log in again.

EDIT: Done done done! (And you were correct. There were waguns cookies there before, that are not there now. At least two old ones disappeared and didn't come back again.)

By the way, the login page is not secure. (It doesn't have the "HTTPS://" in the url. Firefox says it's not secure and the info you enter could be accessed by 'other parties'.)(I put the https:// into the url myself, reloaded that, and firefox was fine with it. That is part of why it was getting old, fast. LOL)

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

We received our SSL cert this AM. HTTPS will be coming... Last time I tried it, I fuckered some shit up though lol.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
We received our SSL cert this AM. HTTPS will be coming... Last time I tried it, I fuckered some shit up though lol.

LOL

By the way, I wasn't complaining. Just trying to give useful information.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who did you get your SSL cert from?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

check into https://letsencrypt.org/
Free, renews every 3 months, wildcards coming soon.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
Who did you get your SSL cert from?

JPC/cPanel. It’s installed now, just add https. I’ll test it with the dummy site and htaccess this week for auto redirect.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7