Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Simplisafe 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great customer service that has been in constant contact since my system stopped linking up. Sending me a free VZW module to replace the other cell service (T-Mobile) module. As always VZW comes through. Half the price of ADT, and they got the FD to my house fast when I had a kitchen fire.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Great customer service that has been in constant contact since my system stopped linking up. Sending me a free VZW module to replace the other cell service (T-Mobile) module. As always VZW comes through. Half the price of ADT, and they got the FD to my house fast when I had a kitchen fire.

Good to know, I'm looking at different systems again.

I didn't know they monitored, I thought it was just self-installed alarms. Guess my info is outdated -lol

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info. Been looking into them myself.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My only complaint is single account for phone login. Not sure if that has changed, but it would be practical to give a house sitter a different phone login - same for family members. Other than that, Simplisafe was easy to install and configure, and easy for the insurance discount.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got one for my brother, unmonitored, since he got shot two weeks ago. It seems to work good.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DSynger wrote:
I just got one for my brother, unmonitored, since he got shot two weeks ago. It seems to work good.

Wait, what? Your brother got shot?? Did i miss that thread??

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had simplisafe for 11 months... It works but I've had issues to the point they tried sending me the Verizon module to put in the tower and when that didn't work they sent me a new Tower after 8 months! That worked great for 3 months and then last night I got a "keypad out of range" but both keypads are 15 feet or less from the tower. The fix to this was pulling the battery out of the keyfob unit and that cleared the error. I've become an expert figuring out what causes errors..... Oh and the batteries in the Sirens don't last a year. I actually bought a 2nd siren so I have one in the front and one in the rear of my house. Both needed the batteries replaced in 9 months.
Would I recommend it? Probably not because knowing what I know now I wouldn't buy it again but it is cheap security without a contract.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve had SimpliSafe for the last 3 years. I’d rate it as “ok”.

Their customer service is on the east coast so can be hard to get a hold of. But once you do, they’re helpful.

I get “keypad out of range” errors a lot. And the keypad often doesn’t register that an alarm has been tripped. For example, I’ll come into the house and it’s not beeping but still shows it’s armed. And then it takes several times of entering my code because it doesn’t take. And if I don’t enter my code, the alarm trips. But sometimes it doesn’t even register that the door sensor has been tripped. The whole thing is pretty finicky.

But, the system and monitoring is cheap. And the system is wireless which makes for easy install. So it’s got that going for it.

We’re moving soon and I might trade it out for a different system. We had ADT in a previous home and I was pretty happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:

Their customer service is on the east coast so can be hard to get a hold of. But once you do, they’re helpful.

I get “keypad out of range” errors a lot. And the keypad often doesn’t register that an alarm has been tripped. For example, I’ll come into the house and it’s not beeping but still shows it’s armed. And then it takes several times of entering my code because it doesn’t take. And if I don’t enter my code, the alarm trips. But sometimes it doesn’t even register that the door sensor has been tripped. The whole thing is pretty finicky.

But, the system and monitoring is cheap. And the system is wireless which makes for easy install. So it’s got that going for it.

We’re moving soon and I might trade it out for a different system. We had ADT in a previous home and I was pretty happy with it.

Try going through all your sensors and pulling the battery out and reinstalling it. It's amazing how many problems this solves. If all else fails remove one battery from the tower after it is unplugged. Count to 10 and put it back in then resynchronize the keyfob with the tower.

Also, I highly recommend getting a surge protector for the tower.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
edogg wrote:

Try going through all your sensors and pulling the battery out and reinstalling it. It's amazing how many problems this solves. If all else fails remove one battery from the tower after it is unplugged. Count to 10 and put it back in then resynchronize the keyfob with the tower.

Also, I highly recommend getting a surge protector for the tower.

Done that...it helps for a while but then the issues come back.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
DSynger wrote:

Wait, what? Your brother got shot?? Did i miss that thread??

Not to hijack the thread, but to explain. He's not too bright, but he is lucky as hell. He left his back door open and someone came into his duplex when he was coming downstairs in the middle of the night. He thinks he was clubbed and then shot with the .22lr PPK, loaded with snake and rodent rounds, he leaves laying out to fend off animals that attempt to come in the back door he leaves open for his cats. The shooter only fired one round, load was too light to cycle, into the back of his head. The tiny buckshot did not penetrate the skull, but came close to an artery. It caused some serious pain, but he's on the mend.

The police think it was a negligent discharge, but it could be the drug dealing family in the next unit or a boyfriend of a girl he helped escape from the jealous boyfriend.

Which leads to the security system to help scare away any further potential attempts to enter the house.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]