Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After almost two years, I am leaving Tipsy Cow. I have been hired on as the kitchen manager at the Hop House in Redmond. It's a great little gastropub with over 100 beers on tap and a great comfort food menu. I'll be starting this Friday, and familiarizing myself with the kitchen and staff. This is a huge move for me, and the next step in my career.

Oh yeah, I graduated from Culinary School. Waiting on my diploma.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's IS a nice jump, straight to kitchen manager.

Congratulations :cheers2:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats, Reid.

You'd better have some good pics and food stories from the new place, though. I've been spoiled looking at that Tipsy Cow food....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
After almost two years, I am leaving Tipsy Cow. I have been hired on as the kitchen manager at the Hop House in Redmond. It's a great little gastropub with over 100 beers on tap and a great comfort food menu. I'll be starting this Friday, and familiarizing myself with the kitchen and staff. This is a huge move for me, and the next step in my career.

Oh yeah, I graduated from Culinary School. Waiting on my diploma.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Congrats! I’ll have to swing by for lunch sometime after you’re settled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yhea, make sure you tell this new joint that you are required by oath to take photos of food and post them here, as well as the WaGuns discount... What is it? 30%?

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah discount. I will evaluate soon. Then check back on your improvements to the place.

Congratulations! !!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, it's been a hectic and interesting first week and a half at Hop House. We're looking at expanding/updating our menu, and I'm trying to bring the kitchen up to my admittedly high standards.

Only a couple of pictures so far, here's our Margherita Flatbread. We use naan, glaze it with olive oil and top it with mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes and fresh basil chiffonade. We also do a couple other varieties of flatbread, including Chicken Alfredo, Goat Cheese, and Portobello Mushroom.

This is our Turkey Pub Club sandwich. Sourdough bread with pesto aioli, spring mix greens, roma tomatoes, turkey, provolone cheese and bacon.

I'll put up some more pictures when I take them.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Last edited by Captain90s on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, we are currently seeking motivated and dependable line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers. If you or someone you know fits that bill, and doesn't mind working for this crazy suave bastard, shoot me a PM!

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy shit, it's been so long since I posted in this thread that it was halfway down the second page of the subforum! Bad Captain, very bad Captain.

Since last I posted, I left Hop House, as some of you may know. Being in charge of the kitchen was fun, but dealing with the owner left me very frustrated, and the commute from Gold Bar was killing me.

I'm now cooking at the Route 2 Taproom in Monroe. I'm not the "kitchen manager" there, but it's great to be cooking real food again, and so far (after about a month) I seem to be working with a great team.

Chef Eddie Ray Chapter cut his teeth cooking on fishing boats in Alaska, he now owns several boats himself, and cooks at the Taproom because he wants to, not because he needs to. He helped open Bubba's Roadhouse in Sultan, and designed their kitchen. He's a surly sonofa-so-and-so, but he's a great guy, and I'm learning a lot from him.

Picture time? Picture time.

Pulled pork tacos, pulled pork smoked in house with slaw, choice of BBQ sauce (Sweet BBQ shown here), and red onion

Pulled pork sandwich, pork, slaw, choice of sauce. Shown here with Taproom Fries. We have regular freezer fries if you want, but you don't want those, do you?

Famous Taproom Tots. Tater tots, covered in pork and shredded cheese, then smothered in BBQ sauce.

I'm realizing now that all the pictures I've taken have been pulled pork related products..... But hey, here's a picture of a brisket being cut up to grind for burger patties! That's right, we make our burgers with brisket.... and some chuck.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those Tots look Fan-Fookin-tastic!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brisket Burger? Oh, fuck yes....

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Pulled Pork Sammy..... :drool:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I figured they might want some pointers about how to set up their kitchen there. :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUL3i4O5kU

All joking aside, I thought you might find it interesting. And there are a few ideas in there that I just might work into my own new kitchen. :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bacon Aioli Burger. Our bacon aioli contains 2 strips of bacon in every 2 oz. We use about 4 oz on each burger. Brisket/chuck burger ground in house, comes with pepperjack cheese and three onion rings.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Valentine's Day special: Volcano Boar Shanks.

Wild boar shanks braised to fork-tenderness, seated on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and covered in a wine sauce. Came with Brussels sprouts. Man, oh man this shit was good...

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next