Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GLOCK 20 GEN 4 FEEDING ISSUE 

As the title says im getting FTF in my Glock 20 Gen 4. It has an upgraded Alpha wolf barrel w/a lone wolf compenstaor attatched. I have tried.. PPC...SIG...Hornady..and of course BB ammo. Even chambering a round, the round will go in facing up and get stuck in the chamber leaving clock smile marks on live ammo. What can you guys help me out with here ..I have also tried the three diffrent mags that came with it. I read this article........http://www.glockforum.net/forum/glock-t ... opics/6139. And I want to say maybe this is the issue ....what are your thoughts?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does it feed with the factory barrel?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I own 5 Glocks in 10mm, 3x 3rd gen, 2 x 4th gen. All have stock barrels and all feed reliably with all ammo. Now even though the barrels are stock, I've toyed with pretty much every other part in the pistols including all the springs. Some modifacations caused problems, but I played around until I got what I wanted. Gen 4s are less forgiving in my opinion, and I prefer the gen 3s to modify. Especially the trigger. All that being said you put an after market barrel in the pistol because you wanted the better performance of tighter tolerances in the barrel. These tighter tolerances are also what are giving you problems in the most powerful stock caliber Glock made. I chose to stay with the stock barrels because of complaints like yours. The post you linked to was interesting, but I'd hate to bet my life on those kinds of makeshift modifications. If it's a range toy/hunting pistol for non dangerous game, play around with it and let us know if it works. To be honest I've read lots of complaints like yours about after market barrels for Glock 10mms. You find a reliable cure, you'll be a popular guy. :thumbsup2:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Did I just read tape and epoxy are part of the cure?

So you have a gun that won't feed. Got any movement of metal on the ramp or anywhere else on the barrel? If I was smithing my own Glock, I'd be looking for places to dress with a file or rotary tool and smooth out the ride up.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, what they said. :plusone:

Divided we fall.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also own several Glock 10mm's........the original barrel works. Is it just me or is just coincidence .......Glock feeding problem post by a fellow named Colt??? :rockout:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan10mmman wrote:
I also own several Glock 10mm's........the original barrel works. Is it just me or is just coincidence .......Glock feeding problem post by a fellow named Colt??? :rockout:

Mic drop! :rockout:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never had any problems with mine... all stock glock 21 with a bar-stow "fire dragon" 10mm conversion barrel.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Wow some good laughs out of this. Seems to be the tight tolerances with the aftermarket barrel, which is dissapointing. I don't believe I had the issues as much with the stock barrel but do remember and encounter or two of FTF. I will try a little of everyones suggestions and see if I come with a solution.

Thank goodness I still have a Colt delta Elite.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If feeding is fine with the factory barrel, you may have gotten a faulty barrel with machining issues from LW. Sounds like either the feed ramp or barrel cam is at fault. I'd make contact with them and explain the problem you're having.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 am

Latest update..I have decided to go with sending the barrel back to lone wolf distro warranty. They said they would check it out and have it fixed or replaced. They did keep trying to re assure me there was a breakin period of 150 -200 rounds, but I was well over the round count while jamming every 3-4 rounds. Lets see what they do, could take 2 -4 weeks for lone wolf before I recieve anything back. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the advice

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colt wrote:
Latest update..I have decided to go with sending the barrel back to lone wolf distro warranty. They said they would check it out and have it fixed or replaced. They did keep trying to re assure me there was a breakin period of 150 -200 rounds, but I was well over the round count while jamming every 3-4 rounds. Lets see what they do, could take 2 -4 weeks for lone wolf before I recieve anything back. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the advice

That's the usual LW story. The fact is: LW Alpha barrels are not any better than their LW previous gen barrels in one department at least: CHAMBER DIAMETER. The chambers are tight and they will jam. It needs to be opened up to something above where it is now and Glock stock diameter. Either do it yourself or have a competent gunsmith do it, as the entrance to that honey hole will need to nicely polished. If you DIY, you can ease into it (no Moto tools) - take a little off and shoot it, etc. 10mm is probably the #1 offender.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colt wrote:
Wow some good laughs out of this. Seems to be the tight tolerances with the aftermarket barrel, which is dissapointing. I don't believe I had the issues as much with the stock barrel but do remember and encounter or two of FTF. I will try a little of everyones suggestions and see if I come with a solution.

Thank goodness I still have a Colt delta Elite.

I can relieve you of your Delta when you get that Glock running again. :drool: :bigsmile:

Divided we fall.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh and this place: http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:54 am

I have sen quite a bit of bad work out of "Lone Wolf" with several calibers.

Also check the inside of your slide for rubbing and peened areas on the edges of the barrel. Look especially around the barrel hood to the breech face and the base (front) of the chamber on the outside. Also that break on the barrel is a huge variable. Check the interface to the slide nose.

All barrels need minor fitting ... will they run without it? Yes, but at what cost.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next