Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I do maple or honey and cock sauce. It's amazing on smoked pork chops and roast duck with some 5 spice. Adding sweet to the siracha really makes the garlic come out

I sure hope that's Sriracha you're talking about....

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just an FYI, we have a catfish po'boy coming to Tipsy Cow this week.....

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last night's dinner: Chicken baked in a lemon and white wine sauce, served with rice and asparagus. The rest of the family didn't like it, which is funny because my wife is the one who requested it. I thought it was absolutely delicious. Lots of leftovers for me!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last night I attempted to recreate the Coq Au Vin (Chicken and Wine) recipe that I talked about back when I was taking International Cuisine. The recipe I found was more like a stew than the sauce we made in class, but as I was mildly pressed for time, I went with it.

Delicious, nice flavorful broth and chicken perfectly tender and flavored with wine and brandy.

Didn't get a picture of the dish as a whole, but this piece of chicken speaks for itself

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taking Backyard Bartending class this quarter. Today we made martini drinks, including classic, lemon drops, Manhattan, Chocolate Martini and a host of others.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, did you get in her backyard?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should watch the Kitchen on Saturdays. "It's 5 O'clock somewhere!"

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walk in to work today, open up the walk-in to start gathering stuff for my station, and come face to face with this.

Startled the hell out of me haha. It belongs to Chef, he's whole roasting it this Saturday for his dad's birthday, and he didn't have any place to store it at home. 160 pounds of pig.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Last night's dinner: Chicken baked in a lemon and white wine sauce, served with rice and asparagus. The rest of the family didn't like it, which is funny because my wife is the one who requested it. I thought it was absolutely delicious. Lots of leftovers for me!

Needs some kind of browning/crisping. Too watery

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh captain my captain, what's your favorite way of cooking chicken breast and how do you do it?

I'm having a hard time making it consistent if i'm cooking with a pan. On a grill, with help from Bacon or some good source of fat and brining, it comes out pretty juicy and i got some consistency.

here is my last attempt cooking it in a hot pan and flashing it in oven afterwards. I seem to lose a good amount of moister if i keep it longer in oven for more than 10 min.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oven will suck moisture out. You can compensate somewhat by covering in foil, but you're still rolling the dice a bit.

Unless I'm doing it in a wine sauce or some other liquid medium, I always cook my chicken on the grill.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let it REST!

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Last night I attempted to recreate the Coq Au Vin (Chicken and Wine) recipe that I talked about back when I was taking International Cuisine. The recipe I found was more like a stew than the sauce we made in class, but as I was mildly pressed for time, I went with it.

Delicious, nice flavorful broth and chicken perfectly tender and flavored with wine and brandy.

Didn't get a picture of the dish as a whole, but this piece of chicken speaks for itself

I think with something like this the wine plays a big part. Get crappy wine and the dish doesn't have the best flavors. Looks great though. Could you use the left over juices to make a stock or broth?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, I used a bottle that was literally labeled CHEAP RED WINE in big block letters. I'm not a wine drinker, it all tastes like bad grapes to me. The sauce came out magnificently, however. My father in law drank a couple sips of the wine, gave his usual shrug and said "It's wine".

They say with age comes wisdom :bigsmile:

I did save some of the broth, it's in the freezer. Not sure what I'll end up doing with it, but it's there.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm starting to like working the morning shifts, because the mexicans always cook up something delicious for a staff meal. Today, I walk in and Saul and Gustavo are working like mad assembling sandwiches. Moments later, this monstrosity is set before me.

Ham, egg, chicken fried beef, hot dog, tomato, lettuce, onion, jalapenos, black beans, avocado.

The sight of the hot dogs put me off a little bit, but GODDAMN this was a good sandwich. I was able to eat half of it in one sitting (which almost put me in a food coma), and I munched on the other half throughout the day.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next