Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 We are paying overtime for state budget again? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In keeping with our D dominated state government, we have to go into overtime to work on a budget again. If I am not mistaken, that is the primary function of our representatives in Olympia.

I think that perhaps we need some new regulations:

1. The budget shall be the first order of business upon the session starting. No measures may be brought before any committee for consideration or brought to floor votes until a budget has passed both houses and is signed by the governor.

2. Legislation passed during any session shall not be enacted until the following year and after the cost of implementation is approved in the following years budget.

I think if they would stop f**king around with passing a bunch of new and unwanted crap, they might have time to get their primary jobs done on time and on budget.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You keep forgetting the most important rule of all.
You guys need more time for the budget or whatever? NO OVERTIME PAY! NO PAY PERIOD!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
You keep forgetting the most important rule of all.
You guys need more time for the budget or whatever? NO OVERTIME PAY! NO PAY PERIOD!
I wanted to hit them where it really hurts. Not being able to f**k with anything else would drive them to suicide. That means they would figure out a budget early.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Non fiscally conservative Republicans are just as bad. They spend all their time being the hero, saving us from ourselves, eroding our freedoms, having sex in bathrooms, lining their own pockets, ain't got time for no budget. But D's have the - "....just give us more $, we will really fix it this time..." thing down pat, on top of how R's anal sex us up.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Non fiscally conservative Republicans are just as bad. They spend all their time being the hero, saving us from ourselves, eroding our freedoms, having sex in bathrooms, lining their own pockets, ain't got time for no budget. But D's have the - "....just give us more $, we will really fix it this time..." thing down pat, on top of how R's anal sex us up.

So in conclusion.....the Rs are just the "reach around" party?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As usual the cowardly and pathetic democrats can't even get a vote on their own plan.

Frank Chopp is too scared to even call a vote on the House plan to raise taxes, including a capital gains income tax. He wants the Senate to vote on his own chamber's tax bill before he'll allow a vote on it! hahahahaahahahahaha

We are likely to see a repeat of the 2012 fiasco where the democrats stall and drag their feet until the last minute and a state government "shutdown" is imminent. Then Jay Inslee will be forced to compile a list of all "necessary" state agencies that have to remain open during the "shutdown" and within a few hours of that list being worked on the democrats will immediately cave in and accept the Senate budget for fear that the people of Washington will find out how little government they actually need.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
Pablo wrote:

So in conclusion.....the Rs are just the "reach around" party?

Or if pressed, "wide stance" party.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Those people get paid overtime? Seriously? SMH

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Those people get paid overtime? Seriously? SMH

If they kill enough time goofing around, 2X!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Step back and look at those who make up most of the Legislature in our state. How many of them are holding down jobs like any of us? For that matter, how many of them have "real jobs"?.

Long ago it became apparent that more and more people in the Legislature want to make it a full time job like our Congress. Take home a $100K paycheck every year, or more. This "Special Session", even the "2nd Special Session" BS is just a sign of what's next. Make each legislative seat in WA State a full time job (with benefits of course).

I suggest that the regular session be extended by 10 days and if they don't get their work done in that time nobody is allowed to leave until they do. No extra pay, no Per Diem, and if necessary, bring in "Security" to see that nobody leaves.

First item on the Agenda is the Budget and in that, FIRST PRIORITY would be only those responsibilities placed on the State by the State Constitution, Education being at or near the top. Transportation (State Highways), and Law Enforcement would also be ahead of all the other Bullshit that gets hidden in the budget.

Maybe with some new rules like that in place there would be fewer dinners and receptions sponsored by lobbyists and more work.

Last item on my rant, we need a law similar to what Colorado passed quite a while back. It was called "TABOR" or Taxpayers Bill of Rights. It generally stated that if the State collected more money than what was allowed in a formula using inflation and increase/decreases in the State's GDP, it had to be refunded to the taxpayers. Put a limit on some grandiose schemes yet the State still managed to take care of schools, Law Enforcement, and at the time totally rebuild the largest section of freeway in both Denver and Colorado Springs.

Their law, unlike the one WA voters passed and was struck down, didn't require any vote of the people on taxes, it just drew a big red line as to how much of the taxpayer's money the State had to spend. Kind of like when we apply for a loan and the lender says "sorry, you are already spending too much of your income for xxx, yyy, zzz. When you cut back those expenses feel free to apply again".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]