Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Best in WA? 

Hey folks, what would you all say is the best gun show in WA? As far as attendance goes...

Thanks,
Andrew

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Based on the few that I've been to, I would say WAC Puyallup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

none of em they've gone downhill

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:

Agreed

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:

No shit. Pathetic is an apt description

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you guys are waaaay tooo spoiled, in other parts of the country people have one or MAYBE two gun shows to chose from and they usually have to drive a long ways to get to them....we have what three or four to chose from and multiple locations.....

WAC Puyallup/Monroe- largest, and still plenty of deals to be found...you got to talk and negotiate
Wes Knodel- Centralia - I haven't been in a while, but I have found good selection and deals there in the past
Collectors West - Portland - I have been a couple of times, it is almost on par with the WAC Puyallup shows
Big Top Promotions - Waste of time, I went to a show in Enumclaw, waited in line 20 minutes to see 8 tables....

I have been to one at the Grays Harbor Fair Grounds, good show, not sure who put it on though.

I am thinking about going to the Big Reno Gun Show again (huge show, nice hotel, good food) or possibly Wanemacher's show in Tulsa in the fall.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People expect free guns and ammo at gun shows.

The internet killed gun shows.

WAC shows are fine, just don't arrive with a boner - but there are some very few deals.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I go to the Big Reno Show every year and come home with a new toy every time, selection is great and prices are as always negotiable....highly recommended. Next year I am heading to Wanemacher's for the first time and looking forward to it, the biggest gun show on earth according to their website.

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
you guys are waaaay tooo spoiled, in other parts of the country people have one or MAYBE two gun shows to chose from and they usually have to drive a long ways to get to them....we have what three or four to chose from and multiple locations.....

WAC Puyallup/Monroe- largest, and still plenty of deals to be found...you got to talk and negotiate
Wes Knodel- Centralia - I haven't been in a while, but I have found good selection and deals there in the past
Collectors West - Portland - I have been a couple of times, it is almost on par with the WAC Puyallup shows
Big Top Promotions - Waste of time, I went to a show in Enumclaw, waited in line 20 minutes to see 8 tables....

I have been to one at the Grays Harbor Fair Grounds, good show, not sure who put it on though.

I am thinking about going to the Big Reno Gun Show again (huge show, nice hotel, good food) or possibly Wanemacher's show in Tulsa in the fall.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wac pooeyloop

Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Wish I would have seen this thread before I went to the gun show in Everett last weekend. I paid $11 and saw no more than another 10 people in attendance. There were maybe 8 vendors at best, and their prices were ridiculous... highest I've ever seen anywhere. I saw used, recently made rifles for more than any local gun shop charges for a brand new one. I saw lever action rifles that routinely go for $400 to $600 anywhere for around $900. It was a complete waste of time.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I agree with TinCanBandit, but I've never been to a gun show that I regretted going to.

Centralia (Wes Knodel) is my family's favorite. We've been skipping for a few months due to heavy work schedule. Very good show, lots of selection, and a mix of good and insane prices.
I enjoy seeing the insanely high prices too. It adds a bit of humor to a shopping trip.

The Portland Show is huge, although I haven't been in a few years.
There are two frequent shows in and near Vancouver, WA that are worthy. I can't think of the name of either... I'll post up when I remember. One of them is off 117th near Brush Prairie, next to or in the Saddle Club. The other is staged at the Clark County Fairgrounds.
The Fair Grounds gun show suffers from being staged in a hall that is too large... Hard to imagine how that can be a bad thing after the years of squeezing between the aisles and people stuffed in the Centralia show, but it has a hollow cavernous feel that makes one think of butter being spread over too much bread. hah

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like Centralia very much. For no real reason then the vibe. There are some good deals to be had and yeah, as stated, some crazy prices, but the folks there are good folks.
OP asked about "Best" in terms of attendance- that's got to be the WAC show in Oct or Nov in Puyallup. It's huge and the isles are packed. I never have much luck there but I also don't really like to talk anyone down.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I have 10 tables at the October Puyallup show.....YOU WILL FIND SOME KILLER DEALS ON THEM....trust me

Make sure to stop by.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:38 pm

October Puyallup is always a big one. Sadly, they used to be that big every month. If you want the shows to thrive, grab some junk/treasures out of the closet & get a table. You may make enough money to buy something you really want. Don't hoard it all & let your relatives sell it when you're gone! Just my .02

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
People expect free guns and ammo at gun shows.

The internet killed gun shows.

WAC shows are fine, just don't arrive with a boner - but there are some very few deals.

No, but people should be able to expect reasonable prices, not guys trying to charge double what the brick and mortar stores want for the same stuff. The WAC shows have been terrible for that for a long time, which has really hurt membership I think. Too many gun show "dealers" just looking for a sucker.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next