Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

GASP! Seattle gun violence tax a failure

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Seattle Gun Tax Revenue Falls Far Short of 2015 Prediction
:blackcloud1:
More than a year after the Seattle City Council rushed through a “gun violence tax” on the sale of firearms and ammunition, the city revealed Tuesday that its first-year revenues had fallen far short of the projected $300,000 to $500,000, but offered only a general figure of “less than $200,000.”
How much less? The city won’t say.

http://libertyparkpress.com/seattle-gun ... rediction/

Re: GASP! Seattle gun violence tax a failure

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 pm

I can't believe it's anywhere above 10 grand. Who is buying and where from?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:I can't believe it's anywhere above 10 grand. Who is buying and where from?

Outdoor Emporium has already reported $60k+ in gun/ammo tax revenue - but way more in lost sales/sales taxes...so it's definitely a net loss for the city.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Benja455 wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:I can't believe it's anywhere above 10 grand. Who is buying and where from?

Outdoor Emporium has already reported $60k+ in gun/ammo tax revenue - but way more in lost sales/sales taxes...so it's definitely a net loss for the city.

A small price to pay in order to maintain a failed ideology. :thumbsdown:

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

skey wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

:ROFLMAO: This should be Seattle's next campaign slogan!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:41 pm

PMB wrote:
skey wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

:ROFLMAO: This should be Seattle's next campaign slogan!

:yes:

Good work, Skey!
Post a reply