Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 AR's at Kenmore? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kenmore sucks, spend the money on gas and drive to greenwater.

had range Nazi's on the pistol range and its more for scoped pistols

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
Like I said, the Kenmore Range is not way out in the Country. It's an 84 acre range that has had houses grow up all around it, some of which are less than 200 yards from the Shotgun Range. Every effort is made to keep the range safe, not just for the shooters, but for the surrounding homes as well. If you recall, Machias range was closed for some time due to a bullet "escaping" the range. Same happened to the Seattle Police Range.

The rules are there, not just because the Club Directors are on a power trip, each and every one has been written because of an incident that has occurred prior to it's being instituted. Kenmore may not meet some peoples "standards" but they do have several awards for running a safe range.

I worked at and ran a 79 acre range, in the heart of Rancho Cordova, a suburb of Sacramento (the capital of the Peoples Republic of CA). 1 shot per second. Load what you want. We were surrounded by homes and businesses, and the only real restrictions, we had was "don't aim up", stop shooting at sun down, and no exploding targets. We had angled steel baffles above the range, and 40 foot berms around the range. One round ever made it out, a .50 cal slug. Landed several miles away by our best guess.

Putting 5 or 10 rounds in a magazine makes you no more likely to shoot over berms than having one round. I don't see any way to justify the rules at this place, especially in a state that allegedly supports the 2a so much more than my former home. If you're range master is even slightly better than a bag of rocks, then he can identify potential trouble customers in 5 seconds during range check in (ask them to show and clear all their weapons). Anyone you don't recognize, watch for 10 minutes and 1 cease fire; if they're going to be trouble, you'll know it by then.

I ran a range for long enough to have 0 sympathy for people's bullshit, and even less than that for people who are unsafe.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
Quote:
All centerfire rifles will be loaded one round at a time. Rimfire .22’s may be loaded with no more than 5 rounds at a time.

Why does the same "logic" not apply to pistols? Dipshit rules.

When was the last time you saw a pistol slam fire?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tenxambition wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
Quote:
All centerfire rifles will be loaded one round at a time. Rimfire .22’s may be loaded with no more than 5 rounds at a time.

Gotta look for those outta control lever gun mishaps to. :SHTF:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been shooting at Kenmore for 23+ years.
If you spend time there, and get to know the "crotchety old guys", they will cut you some slack.
As long as you aren't rapid fireing.
I bring the 3-5 rd mags and controlled fire (2-3 secs between shots)
No problems.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure there are some really great people there but reading this thread, it doesn't sound like a place I'd like to go.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As an RSO, I understand the range's issue with urban creep. I understand their rules. They cannot afford a single flyer, or they'll be sued out of existence. I get it. It's a sad reality for many ranges these days. CMP is a great program too. I was merely suggesting that for the first experience with a brand new AR, to take it elsewhere. Later, if she wants to shoot one a a time, cool.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
As an RSO, I understand the range's issue with urban creep. I understand their rules. They cannot afford a single flyer, or they'll be sued out of existence. I get it. It's a sad reality for many ranges these days. CMP is a great program too. I was merely suggesting that for the first experience with a brand new AR, to take it elsewhere. Later, if she wants to shoot one a a time, cool.

Except Interlake has no such rule and Issaquah has a 10 round limit. Both ranges are in the middle of houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tenxambition wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
Quote:

When was the last time you drew a royal flush?

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

No issues like this at Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
Quote:

If you take a good look at the Pistol Range as opposed to the other two ranges (public and membership only) there's no effing way you can send a round off the property unless you were to go outside and shoot in the opposite direction. It's all about safety of a range in the middle of housing developments. Stupid to you perhaps but they're there to preserve the existence of the range. Yes, you can find ranges without those rules. They're in less populated areas and feel free to go there. If Kenmore doesn't meet your "standards" nobody's forcing you to shoot there.

Funny thing though, when I was there Sunday, EVERY shooting position was filled and there was a waiting list. I was there from 10 AM to 3 PM and people still kept coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
The only thing good at the Kenmore range is their shotgun trap and sporting clays. No other reason to go there with the screwy rifle range rules.

Funny thing is that Interlake is in a similarly populated area. But there's no RO on duty and you can shoot with full magazines there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The geography around Interlake is entirely different. Natural berms/hills exist where they don't in Kenmore. Kenmore had to add a quarter million dollars worth of "baffles" to make sure an errant round didn't end up in Lynnwood from their rifle ranges. Even with the baffles some shooters end up putting rounds into them due to scopes that haven't even been basically bore sighted.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dont need a range report to know that stupid people are abundant on this planet; we just had a presidential election.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
I'm sure there are some really great people there but reading this thread, it doesn't sound like a place I'd like to go.

Then go up to the "Plantation" range run by Whatcom County Parks. It's closer to you anyway.

If one thinks Kenmore sucks, 1) then why is it so busy? 2) feel free to go to any of the other ranges. That's what life is. Don't like shopping in one store, hit the next one.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am

tenxambition wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

Actually I've seen 2. A rental Beretta (with ungodly numbers of round through it). Part of the sear broke I think, hammer was following the slide home and it would shoot through the whole mag. Second was a Glock 22. Something got stuck in the striker channel somehow, striker was sticking forward.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:52 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next