Black Rifle (and pistol) Match at RFGC on 2-25-2017 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Black Rifle (and pistol) Match at Renton Fish & Game Club - February 25th, 2017

Set up: 2:00 - 4:00
Start time: 4:00
End Time 7:45 (or before)
Cost: $20 or free if you are a RF&GC member
$5 for LEO or Active Duty military (must show ID)

What to bring: Rifle (no 308 or power factor higher than that of 7.62x39.), two magazines, sling, pistol (and holster), 60 rounds of rifle and 20 rounds of pistol (bring extra, just in case). NOTE - WE WILL SHOOT WHEN IT'S DARK SO BRING LIGHTS.

Scoring is either a hit or a miss (head shot or down zero zone on an IDPA target). Two shots are required on each target. Hitting a no-shoot will add 30 seconds to your scoreā€¦

Send questions to Sean Wade at sewade300@yahoo.com

Last edited by Greta on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

awesome! should be able to make this! Just need to decide on which sling, I know everyone says blue force but Im so tempted by the MS4.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our only other rifle right now is a 10/22, is it ok if my wife participates with that?

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 pm

I'm not a match official so I can't say for certain but I believe this event is center-fire only.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
Our only other rifle right now is a 10/22, is it ok if my wife participates with that?

Yes, that's fine. Or you can share. :bigsmile:

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:34 pm

See you all there!

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:03 pm

I've been known to let others run my rifle(5.56) with your ammo/mags.

Ric

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Wow awesome! http://www.rfgc.org/events/eventsLeague.php

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are pistol caliber carbines allowed? AKA can I use my scorpion Scorpion Carbine in the match?

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Of course! Last month I used my Sig MPX.

Last edited by Greta on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greta wrote:
Of course!

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Sorry I forgot the name of the gentleman who runs the event but I remember that he said that he was going to start having classes. Has there feen any update in that? I'm not a member at RFGC so I haven't checked the message boards there.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andy23 wrote:
Sorry I forgot the name of the gentleman who runs the event but I remember that he said that he was going to start having classes. Has there feen any update in that? I'm not a member at RFGC so I haven't checked the message boards there.

Sean Wade at sewade300@yahoo.com

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quick blurb of shit I learnt.
These are things I've heard before, blah blah blah... but as usual I got a slap of reality tonight.

1. I've had weapon lights for years now but shooting live ammunition IN THE DARK for speed, accuracy, use of cover, can make you feel like a gun virgin again. There is no substitute. I swear, the shit you never even think about like the amount of smoke and flash from different ammo and how it messes with your follow-up shots because your new 800-lumen weapon mounted light reflects off of the smoke like a sob. I'm wondering if my go-to ammo will suffer from the same blinding reflection now that I have an 800-lumen light.

2. Good event (thanks Sean!) that has a low-cost and potentially high return in knowledge and skill improvements. I'm not an operator, I'm not military, I'm an average joe and I pay for every round of ammunition I shoot and manage to squeeze in rangetime between working 60hrs/week. The high-return in knowledge and skills all depends on your mindset and how you choose to seize an opportunity like this. For me, I genuinely put effort into every shot, I had plenty of lame excuses for misses... and I appreciate events like this, especially when there's smoked chicken (thanks whoever brought that!)

3. Maybe the most important. Don't get comfortable. Going to the range at 11am every weekend is good practice but I feel like I stopped learning. The last time I shot in the dark was a little over 1-year ago, I thought I was decent. I was wrong. I have to shake up the routine. The dark was just half the complexity, the other half was jumping jacks before start, and dashing 40yds in the mud between stages, while on the timer. My first run in daylight was a respectable 75 seconds, my run in the dark was fucking 244 seconds (after penalties).

4. If you somehow manage to shoot all of the no-shoots on a stage designed by Sean, your score will be >200 seconds. :facepalm2:

Thanks again to the peeps who continue to put these together.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Did the Renton Fish and Game club Black rifle shoot for the first time today/night. It was a blast. There was everything there from plate carriers to people shoving mags in back pockets. People had AR's, 2 AK's a handful of Tavors, a PCC and a sig AR variant. Handful of suppressors.

The match incorporated rifle and pistol, 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 8 rounds of pistol ammo was enough if you hit the targets.

1st run was with daylight, second was dark and required weapon mounted lights. Saw one guy electrical tape a light to his AR since he didn't come prepared.

About 30 shooters total.

If anyone is looking to test their gear in a CQB type scenario this is a great option.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]