Going to breakfast?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 pm
Yes, going to breakfast. 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
No, but I will be at the hearing. 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6

February 2, at 9:00 am Discuss House bill 1387/1122 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AGR/Ferguson/WCF has done a great job of prepping their people to use keywords in their typed out speeches.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
AGR/Ferguson/WCF has done a great job of prepping their people to use keywords in their typed out speeches.

I gotta couple keywords for them...

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Truly sickening to see the kid they brought in from West Seattle talk about how "no one in America needs an assault rifle." "No one in America needs an AK-47."

Shocking child abuse to put him up to that.
No one in America "needs" a smart phone. How many people a year are killed because they use them illegally while driving per year? A whole lot more than all guns I would bet. Nice to see they at least taught the child to read before using them as props.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DSynger wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Bet you are pretty good at sign language as well.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
DSynger wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Bet you are pretty good at sign language as well.

:thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need to add Mark Roe - the Snohomish County Prosecutor to the list with AG Bob Ferguson in the state bar ethics complaints.

These individuals are law enforcement officers of the court, and their views are both in violation of the law, their duty to all citizens, and technically incompetent since they both definitions wrong.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:08 pm

what a disgrace... we heard from quite a wide array of gun prohibitionists

- an elected representative who is following the legislative advice of a convicted murderer
- a transplanted cop from the east coast
- an attorney general who is acting outside of his duties
- the child of Somali immigrants who isn't eligible to vote. apparently his parents want to change the laws and traditions of the country that welcomed them
- several traumatized persons whose family members were shot by determined criminals
- a county prosecutor who repeated what everyone before him had already said

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have they voted on HB 1122, HB 1387 yet?

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 pm

The anti's testimony laymore with feel good propositions......as in if this bill were law, none of these or this bad thing would have happened. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. Why am I to be punished because of the actions of a criminal? I flatly refuse to buy into their tear jerker argument and will fight them every step ofthe way.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Need to add Mark Roe - the Snohomish County Prosecutor to the list with AG Bob Ferguson in the state bar ethics complaints.

These individuals are law enforcement officers of the court, and their views are both in violation of the law, their duty to all citizens, and technically incompetent since they both definitions wrong.

ya how can getting an assault rifle easier than getting a pistol in a sports store??

grabbing shit out of thin air.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
Have they voted on HB 1122, HB 1387 yet?

No, voting to pass it out of Judiciary will come later during an executive session.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

cmica wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

ya how can getting an assault rifle easier than getting a pistol in a sports store??

This is a chapter from their strategy and tactics manual. If it was easier to buy a pistol they'd say buying a pistol is too easy. If they were exactly alike, they'd say look how easy it is to buy (whichever is on their agenda that day)! Something's got to be done about this!

When strategy and tactics are based on fear and ignorance, only carefully prepared and presented facts and education can break through that shell.
Antagonism only thickens the shell.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

The point is the bill redifines all current semi auto pistols as assault weapons, since they are "capable of acceptings mags of more than ten rounds".

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Did anybody point out that we don't have assault rifles in WA?

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was able to listen from home while working.

A couple people pointed out that the terms were incorrect.

One person called out the AG and said that the proposal is based on a lie because none of these guns are "Assault Weapons," which are already illegal and heavily regulated under separate law.

Another pointed out that "Assault Weapons" they are attempting to regulate are no more dangerous than hunting rifles and are often used by hunters and sportsmen.

Others pointed to the less than 1/2 of 1% of violent crime is used by these weapons, that everything in your home would be subject to purchase and storage regulations (household cleaners, knives, etc.). Others pointed out that the committee wouldn't like it if a criminal broke into their home and stole their kitchen knife leading to the committee member held liable for not storing it safely...

The only appeals from the anti-gunners were sad stories of accidental injury or criminal misuse. I wish the point would have been made that if a gun wasn't available, other weapons could or would most certainly be used, or a gun gotten somewhere else by a determined person.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next