Black Rifle (and pistol) Match at Renton on January 14th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Black Rifle (and pistol) Match at Renton Fish & Game Club - January 14th, 2017

Set up: 2:00 - 4:00
Start time: 4:00
End Time 7:45 (or before)
Cost: $20 or free if you are a RF&GC member
This is a free event for LEO or Active Duty military (must show ID)

What to bring: Rifle (no 308 or power factor higher than that of 7.62x39.), two magazines, sling, pistol (and holster), 60 rounds of rifle and 20 rounds of pistol (bring extra, just in case).  NOTE - WE WILL SHOOT WHEN IT'S DARK SO BRING LIGHTS.

Scoring is either a hit or a miss (head shot or down zero zone on an IDPA target).  Two shots are required on each target.  Hitting a no-shoot will add 30 seconds to your score…

Send questions to Sean Wade at sewade300@yahoo.com

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting!

I'm a new member at Renton F&G. How do I start to get involved in the practical / competitive side of things?

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
Interesting!

I'm a new member at Renton F&G. How do I start to get involved in the practical / competitive side of things?

On the RFGC website (under events) there is a point of contact for each shooting discipline: Cowboy, USPSA, IDPA, ASI, etc.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:55 pm

PinSniper wrote:
Interesting!

I'd recommend you show up to watch some of the competitions. ASI and Steel Challenge are the best place to start actually shooting.
January 5 Club Meeting 7 pm
January 8 Steel Challenge Match
January 14 Action Shooting International Match
January 14 Black Rifle Match 4:00 pm
January 21 IDPA Match

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:41 am

If its cold and potentially icy I would consider calling right before you leave.

I called the day of to check on the status of the match in December and got told it was happening then drove down from the North end and it got canceled in the time between. I called at 2pm, so I'd call right before leaving next time.

Looked like fun though, but FYI for those who want to participate and may be driving down if its cold.

Brian

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bkcorwin has good advice, but beware that the club office was not informed of last months cancellation and in fact did not know it had been cancelled until the next day.

Unless the match staff tells somebody in the office, it could happen again.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Yeah, I feel like when I called the guy who runs it hadn't had a chance to walk the bays yet. But if I had called right before I left there at least would've been a better chance of that message getting relayed somewhere.

Strange because when I showed up for the December match, the guy i spoke with on the phone from rfgc ( i assume he was in charge) was in the office with the guy who runs the matches and were explaining the issues with the bay drainage and why they had to cancel the match? But I may be misunderstanding who was who.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 pm

I was there for the December match when the RSO walked the bays. It was definitely a last minute call but a good one. The ice was spread out over a big enough area in bays 1 & 3 that you really couldn't avoid it. Bay 2 really is too small to run the match in, imo.

The 2 matches I've been to have been fun. Everyone who shows up are helpful and supportive of other shooters. I'll be there early, as usual, for the January match. I could post in here if it too gets cancelled.

Ric

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to add to this regarding lights for the matches this time of year. Whatever type of light you choose, you will need something you can use for both rifle and pistol. If you have to detach the light from your rifle to use with your pistol it's going to cost you time. While emphasis is not placed on time for the runs, it could be the difference for bragging rights. Additionally you should have a handheld or headlight for patching targets after each run, something I didn't consider for the November match. We all need to pitch in patching targets and tearing down in the dark. A headlight or other type of hands-free light will be very helpful.

I probably don't need to say this here but...
"Safe-space" at these matches only describes the areas not down range, behind "the 180“. The only" trigger words" concerns are trigger discipline, trigger control and discussion of the merits of different types of firearm triggers. [emoji6]
Come and shoot with us, it's a good time with good people.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 am

Yay a fresh thread! I've been wanting to get out there again but it's my 4 year wedding anniversary same night. I will definetly try to make it out next month.

Regarding lights, last time I was there it got super dark but folks were nice enough to lend me a weapon light to use. I did finally get a light for my AR and I got a edc light with a Thyrm switchback that I'm gonna try to use for my pistol. At least bring a flashlight though so you can help with taping in between.

Super fun, highly recommend this event.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]