Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 OFFICIAL WaGuns 2017 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 

Are you coming?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 26 ]
Yes +1 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Yes +2 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Yes +3 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Yes+4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 60

OFFICIAL WaGuns 2017 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Holy crap, what a GLORIOUS DAY! I was going to type out this huge commentary about the day, but PMB summed it up quite nicely. Considering I basically stalked Mike the entire day, most of what he said is true... Most.

First off.. Thanks to all of you. These shoots only happens because of you, WaGuns is here, because of you. We thank you for helping us share this passion for the 2A.
Second - Chris, cdoniguian.. Seriously man. That taco soup is the reason people come to the NYD Shoot. It warmed me to my soul, more than once, but once less than PMB.
Third - Thank to Mike, Amy, Dave, Tim and the SLEW of others who brought food, supplies and liquid to help us make it through this epic day.
Fourth - I am speaking for all the ladies there, and tlang, but thanks Kurt for the warming hut. It was great to take the edge off.
Fifth - Brandon, Pineapple.. Your RSO skills are amazing. We had SEVENTY people there and you worked that line and still managed to do some impressive mag dumps.

I met a lot of members who I had never met, and re-met some I had not seen in a long while. For me, thats what this event is about. I shot a few things, but really enjoyed watching others shoot.

Now, onto the photos. I'll name off who I recognize in my extremely delirious state.

The Kitchen:

Pistol Bay getting setup with tlang and aibarra310

Rifle Line getting setup:

Olydemon ripping on the Mosin Archangel:

Isildur:

aibarra310 slaying steel:

Our one fatality.. hkcavalier's eyebrow. Shrapnel wound. Dude's a bleeder.

Heating up. Madpick in camo hat showing us his good side:

Everybody seemed to migrate to whatever Brian was shooting.

Kyle, OldJim's grandson. Nice gentleman.

Benja455 previewing hardware:

Mashman shooting the Purple Princess...

MadPick... I think he's farting.

Chris (lunacite) ..er... fixing his .300BO

Bad... Ass...

sigman226 playing with my XDm with Hybrid:

Steve and Tim (chasehooks) playing with the lab-radar while Breck looks for... something:

Gratuitous selfie with Mrs. Mashman.

More archangel madness:

FZRider cupping his mag like an operator:

...OPS.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photos Dan! (Pretty sure it's Dan?) Thanks for sharing!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn it, I need to stop being out of the country for these shoots!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of these years I'll make it out there. I think I would feel empty not picking up a ton of trash before the shoot though. Gotten so used to that . :wagwoot:

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's not my 300 BO, haven't had a stoppage on that one since last year's group shoot. My .223 Wylde, however, has proven finicky.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Breck wrote:
O_Kellogg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
All those are a great choice, but I remember, there is ONE and ONLY ONE porte-potty on site. :ROFLMAO:

Well that's a crappy attitude!

Especially since a good portion of us will likely suffer from the post NYE hangover booze poos.

Breck made an accurate prophecy!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
We need to do a summer shoot also. Once a year is not enough! :cheers2:

My grandkids and I agree! My granddaughter has an ear infection and even with the ear muffs was painful, so I took them home early (nice thing about living 15-20 minutes away). Both grandkids had a blast and my granddaughter was asking during the drive if we can go shooting again, as soon as her ear is better. They enjoyed shooting some other peoples toys, but also enjoyed just watching other people shoot and seeing what they had. They both are planning on coming again next year! Thanks to everyone that put this together and shared!!!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was a great time. Thanks to all that put this on and to ESC for hosting the shoot every year.

I'm glad the weather held. It looked pretty bad last night and I wasn't sure it was going to work.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shout out to chasehooks for for letting my wife, myself and everyone that I brought shot his 454 that thing is sweet.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello everyone I came today with my neighbor aka mashman and had a blast so I figured I'd register also. Thanks to everyone that let me shoot their guns. Looking forward to more good times.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ChrisB wrote:
Hello everyone I came today with my neighbor aka mashman and had a blast so I figured I'd register also. Thanks to everyone that let me shoot their guns. Looking forward to more good times.

Good luck with getting your rail to stay in one place!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ChrisB wrote:

Well there goes the neighborhood lol.

PMB 25-23 and your kicker scored 13 of your points with one missed Xtra point. That shit will not fly against Detroit.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ChrisB wrote:

welcomewgo

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 pm

lunacite wrote:
Good luck with getting your rail to stay in one place!

I know right. I'm looking into the Nikon P-223 you had. Which one was that btw 4-12x40MM, 3-9x40MM, or the 3-32MM?

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
1 year is too long how about a July 5th or July 3rd shoot? Name it a Patriot Day shoot? :) fresh set of volunteers and let those who worked their butts off this time to have fun in the summer shoot? :)

I think we're all up for that, but we've had a really hard time making it happen. The biggest issue is range availability on a day when we can get a good crowd (i.e., not a workday), and a range that is okay with accommodating a large group of non-members.

It sounds like you're implying that WaGuns can spring for the budget holidays, but the popular dates are blacked out of our calendar.
:ffight:

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next