Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New Year's shoot POTLUCK 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
chasehooks wrote:
I no longer have a truck, so I don't want to bring my loud generator if someone else is bringing one (plus mine didn't get used last year). I can bring some good heavy duty extension cords, 2 small propane heaters and a propane stove. I'll be bringing Rice a Roni el Tim. You guys want it with shrimp or bbq pork?

BBQ Pork, please!

I've been sick the last two days, so I'm rethinking the standing over the electric skillet for 20 minutes with a runny nose. Thinking instead about getting a package of Costco hotdogs/buns, so people could make chili dogs. Like I said above, I wasn't planning on bringing my generator unless it was necessary since I no longer have a truck and was planning on driving a sedan. Really don't want the wife to kill me for the inside of the new CRV smelling like gas. It looks like Toys in the Toybox is bringing a quiet generator and Golddigger is bringing a loud one (I'll bring a couple long heavy duty cords). I'll bring two 1/2 gallon thermos' with filled with hot coffee. Can still bring the small propane heaters and propane stove.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
chasehooks wrote:
I no longer have a truck, so I don't want to bring my loud generator if someone else is bringing one (plus mine didn't get used last year). I can bring some good heavy duty extension cords, 2 small propane heaters and a propane stove. I'll be bringing Rice a Roni el Tim. You guys want it with shrimp or bbq pork?

BBQ Pork, please!

I've been sick the last two days, so I'm rethinking the standing over the electric skillet for 20 minutes with a runny nose. Thinking instead about getting a package of Costco hotdogs/buns, so people could make chili dogs. Like I said above, I wasn't planning on bringing my generator unless it was necessary since I no longer have a truck and was planning on driving a sedan. Really don't want the wife to kill me for the inside of the new CRV smelling like gas. It looks like Toys in the Toybox is bringing a quiet generator and Golddigger is bringing a loud one (I'll bring a couple long heavy duty cords). I'll bring two 1/2 gallon thermos' with filled with hot coffee. Can still bring the small propane heaters and propane stove.

As long as you show up we will be happy. Have a tea/lemon/honey/whiskey hot toddy, and you'll be fine. :cheers2:

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Planning to throw a pot roast in the crock pot, heading to the store to get a few incidentals, anything else needed that isn't covered already?

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll bring something. Not sure what yet but I can at least bring a couple dozen donuts and a jug of coffee to start us out.

I have Mass at 8AM then plan on driving down there afterward.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't see anything about anyone bringing: paper plates, bowls, coffee cups, plastic spoons/forks, etc. Is someone already bringing any of those? I've got about 20 ea spoons/forks, and about 15-12 oz bowls. Instead of bringing hot dogs and the big tabletop stove/grill/griddle (that will take up 1/2 a table) I'm thinking I'll bring the little one burner stove, tea kettle and 2.5 gallons of water. I'll bring my coffee pot and two 1/2 gallon thermos'(one for coffee and one for hot water). I'm thinking with the cold weather more people are going to want something warm to drink. I'll also be bringing a bunch of Spiced Cider and Hot Cocoa mix. I have plenty of lids for the 20 oz hot cups but need to go to Costco to get some more cups. While I'm there do I need to pick up plates, bowls, ??? or does someone else have that covered?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
We're hoping to haul out of there pretty early so running into a slight dilemma with crockpots and such. The PrincesSKS doesn't approve of losing her 3-crock crockpot so hopefully the contents get gobbled up before our early departure.

I'll bring some big bowls in case we need to transfer the contents :bigsmile:

chasehooks wrote:
Instead of bringing hot dogs and the big tabletop stove/grill/griddle (that will take up 1/2 a table) I'm thinking...

I didn't see anybody else mention a "grilling-type" device, so I'd be happy to bring a table to put yours on! thumbsup

Spoiler: show
already picked up some dogs/sausages for back-up

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
chasehooks wrote:
Instead of bringing hot dogs and the big tabletop stove/grill/griddle (that will take up 1/2 a table) I'm thinking...

I didn't see anybody else mention a "grilling-type" device, so I'd be happy to bring a table to put yours on! thumbsup

Spoiler: show
already picked up some dogs/sausages for back-up

OK, I'll bring it! Just letting you know its not an actual grill but big 2 burner stove with optional: grill plates and griddles.
Update: I checked and my 2'x4' table fits in the CRV. Got the stove and grill plates ready and extra bottles of propane for it and the little stove. Can't find my little propane heater but bringing the bigger one that I can run off the big tank with a hose.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
I didn't see anything about anyone bringing: paper plates, bowls, coffee cups, plastic spoons/forks, etc. Is someone already bringing any of those? I've got about 20 ea spoons/forks, and about 15-12 oz bowls. I have plenty of lids for the 20 oz hot cups but need to go to Costco to get some more cups. While I'm there do I need to pick up plates, bowls, ??? or does someone else have that covered?

Costco was out of the 20 oz cups so I had to get the 16 oz (might work out better). Since I hadn't seen a response, while I was out, I picked up: Paper plates, 30 more bowls (bigger), and 60 ea more spoons/forks.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a ton of paper plates that I can bring if needed.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:

The package I just got at Costco is 276-Dixie Ultra. Based on last year that should be more than enough. If I added up the people who voted they were coming (and their guests) correctly, there should be 78 people there. Thinking I should have gotten a bigger package of bowls.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
Mike in Wa wrote:

The package I just got at Costco is 276-Dixie Ultra. Based on last year that should be more than enough. If I added up the people who voted they were coming (and their guests) correctly, there should be 78 people there. Thinking I should have gotten a bigger package of bowls.

I can swing by store and get bowls tomorrow. how big of bowls did you get?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The package I just bought is thirty-20 oz. The ones I had (about 15) were only 12 oz.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:36 pm

Gotta back out, turns out wife made plans to go to the mountain....

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got a couple of cases of bottled water, and a package of solo cups (which might be worth money now that inventor died).

Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quick question.

Anyone bringing a heater? It is only going to be 37 tomorrow.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next