Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Site improvement, Would be nice.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi all,

Hey this is a great site and still is.
I'll get around to noting the other comploaints I sent privately about some of the avatars and threads.

Another improvement that might help, considering we have way to many (Myself at times!) leave lousy titles.
Many other forum sites allow for a short preview of the OP when scrolling over the title's in the list. Might be nice to have something like this so you don't have to actually open a post to read because the title is too vague. See this mostly in the Classifieds.
For instance: I am currently considering finally getting a 308 based AR/FNAR/?? I don't know all the names for all of them. Trouble is you see lots of titles without which caliber the rifle is. If I'm looking for a 308 would be nice to be able to more quickly sift out the 6.5's, 5.56's, 300BLK, etc... Similarly on the carbines 9mm vs .40 vs. ??

I know this is more work but thought I would throw it out there. Looked through the first couple of pages of the suggestions didn't see anything but its quite possible someone has brought this up before.

BTW I vaguely remember a thread about some other emotioncons to add to the left. I had a few but will have to go find them again!
cheers!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too wish ads would be more detailed, its a matter of how it grabs me then i'll just skip back and let someone else do all the questioning

they have to meet a certain size
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=41320&hilit=new+emoticons
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=67390&hilit=new+emoticons

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't want to see a summary. Makes it easier to resist commenting on something stupid.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most of the sites have a pop up comment that shows the first two or three sentences of the OP.
Though I t do understand where Duke EB is coming from!

Where it woudl be the most useful is in the classified. You see title like "NIB AR Mod2 for sale". (They are usually a bit better than that but hey this is an example!)
Would be nice to mouse over and see the following: "NIB AR Mod2 in .223 with a basic 1-4x24 scope. With original packing and manuals. ...."

Thanks for the links. Knew it was around just hadn't gone looking ofr them!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would think just changing the rules to require caliber in the title might solve this. A preview seems like it would be challenging to do.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah what the OP said , let modernize and make this the best site out there

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]