Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

how many people prefer mobile vs. desktop browsers

Poll ended at Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:55 pm

I like mobile web browsing on my phone/tablet
30%
I prefer desktop (full featured) browsing on my phone/tablet
70%

Total votes : 10

feel like I had to hack to register.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:55 pm

:reaction:

So new user new post, I'm not sure if there's already a topic on this if so feel free to move...

So this is kinda related to the other post about mobile vs. Desktop browsing. (Fwiw I HATE mobile anything except phone calls) so I feel like (because I actually did) I literally had to find back door access to register. I kept trying and entered all info to EVERY field in the registration screen I would hit "submit" button and it would say something to the effect of the location entered is not valid...ok that makes sense because NOWHERE on the screen Did it ask for a location!

I tried this several times.
I then hit the link on this forum for the "full" website interface. Still nothing.
I think what worked was to activate a setting IN MY MOBILE BROWSER (FIREFOX) that is called "REQUEST DESKTOP SITE" and I think this is what magically allowed the location field in the registration page to appear!

I'm with the other guy...mobile web serves NO purpose but to limit the functionality of good old fashioned full featured webs. Most people don't know what they are missing unless the had a Android g1 or maybe first gen I phone that when smartphones first came out...there WAS NO MOBILE INTERNET YET! AND IT WAS PEFFECTLY FINE! YOU USE YOUR DESKTOP, THE. GO TO WORK AND BROWSE IT ON THE PHONE ITS EXACTLY THE SAME. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

side rant home is sweet home BECUASE OF FAMILIARITY, people want to know and feel comfortable around familiar surroundings *if they are already used to it..

IN THIS CASE IT IS BROKE, SO PLEASE FIX IT. AND ID BE PERFECTLY HAPPY WITHOUT MOBILE INTERNET ALTOGETHER. WE DONT NEED ANYMORE COMPLICATION THESE DAYS. NEWER DOESN'T EQUAL BETTER!
Everyone seems to want to effect change just make SURE it's change for the BETTER.

Sorry that took so long. Thanks for reading! Please vote. So I know wether to quit my bitch'n'... :throwup: :shush: :diggin:

Re: feel like I had to hack to register.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Sounds like a BUG in registration.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:18 pm

hmmm sounds like dan finally got better security to keep spammers out....

go to bottom of screen and change mobile or not

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 am

Nope, it's a bug. We require a location field to be filled out and for some reason that option didn't populate on the mobile registration. I'll get it fixed, thanks!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:08 am

Dr. Prepper wrote::reaction:

So new user new post, I'm not sure if there's already a topic on this if so feel free to move...

So this is kinda related to the other post about mobile vs. Desktop browsing. (Fwiw I HATE mobile anything except phone calls) so I feel like (because I actually did) I literally had to find back door access to register. I kept trying and entered all info to EVERY field in the registration screen I would hit "submit" button and it would say something to the effect of the location entered is not valid...ok that makes sense because NOWHERE on the screen Did it ask for a location!

I tried this several times.
I then hit the link on this forum for the "full" website interface. Still nothing.
I think what worked was to activate a setting IN MY MOBILE BROWSER (FIREFOX) that is called "REQUEST DESKTOP SITE" and I think this is what magically allowed the location field in the registration page to appear!

I'm with the other guy...mobile web serves NO purpose but to limit the functionality of good old fashioned full featured webs. Most people don't know what they are missing unless the had a Android g1 or maybe first gen I phone that when smartphones first came out...there WAS NO MOBILE INTERNET YET! AND IT WAS PEFFECTLY FINE! YOU USE YOUR DESKTOP, THE. GO TO WORK AND BROWSE IT ON THE PHONE ITS EXACTLY THE SAME. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

side rant home is sweet home BECUASE OF FAMILIARITY, people want to know and feel comfortable around familiar surroundings *if they are already used to it..

IN THIS CASE IT IS BROKE, SO PLEASE FIX IT. AND ID BE PERFECTLY HAPPY WITHOUT MOBILE INTERNET ALTOGETHER. WE DONT NEED ANYMORE COMPLICATION THESE DAYS. NEWER DOESN'T EQUAL BETTER!
Everyone seems to want to effect change just make SURE it's change for the BETTER.

Sorry that took so long. Thanks for reading! Please vote. So I know wether to quit my bitch'n'... :throwup: :shush: :diggin:
it is actually a lot easier since we got rid of the proof of current colonoscopy test requirement. That was a real pain in the ass. :bigsmile:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah no sweat! Thanks for listening with your eye's!!! Good to know there some people that care. Much appreciated. I kinda hate bitchin' but it's been getting alot done lately. I should check back in this thread asking time ago lol....and man am I glad I'm late to the party :peep: :045:
Post a reply