This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Teenager Shoots Armed Intruder

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 pm

A 14-year-old Phoenix boy shot an intruder who broke into his home while brandishing a gun as the teenager watched his three younger siblings, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/23/ph ... latestnews

Re: Teenager Shoots Armed Intruder

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:17 am

Great story!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:52 am

great story only issue is he did not follow rule 1 in zombie land double tap make sure that SOB can not bred again...

I feel for someone that walks in my house when my kids are home alone they know to double tap and tap a few more times just to make sure....

I am real happy the kids parents taught him how to shoot and shows he is a pretty good aim to boot.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:24 am

Just in joy wrote:great story only issue is he did not follow rule 1 in zombie land double tap make sure that SOB can not bred again...

I feel for someone that walks in my house when my kids are home alone they know to double tap and tap a few more times just to make sure....

I am real happy the kids parents taught him how to shoot and shows he is a pretty good aim to boot.

Yeah I agree. We need to have a party to thank those parents. :patriot: :rockout:

Kids are natural shots many times. That blasted hand eye coordination of youth... :snipersmilie:

Teenager Shoots Armed Intruder

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 am

Another happy ending!!

Wouldn't it be nice, though, if one day the "big news" was that some dirtbag broke into a house with a gun? It seems almost expected and normal now, not even worthy of a story unless the homeowner blasts him.

Maybe it's too much to ask that someday thuggery will be unusual behavior.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 am

Good job on the Boy saving his siblings. If I were the owner of any gun manufacturer, I'd hand the boy a pistol to him when legal age.

Another points for the good guys but would have like the scum to have died.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 am

It turned out good for the kids but does anyone find it disturbing that a 14 year old, watching his 3 brothers/sisters, can just go up stairs and get a handgun? My kids can't just go get anyone of my hand guns. Not that I don't trust them, just that I never want to receive a call that my son/daughter just used a hand gun to do XXX.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:24 am

badkarma wrote:It turned out good for the kids but does anyone find it disturbing that a 14 year old, watching his 3 brothers/sisters, can just go up stairs and get a handgun?

Generally speaking, yes. I agree.

I'd want to hear more about their particular situation (how well was the kid trained, was he intended to have access, etc.) before passing judgment, but I agree that it's generally NOT a good thing for kids to have unsupervised access to loaded guns.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah my son knows how to fire mine, but I am not comfortable with giving him "anytime access". Glad the kid in this case had the ability, just not sure about doing it at such a young age.

I am glad the guy did not die right there in the house, stricktly for the mental state of the kid. I am sure he is freaked out enough having to do what he did, be far worse if the perp had died right there in front of him.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 am

I am glad the guy did not die right there in the house, stricktly for the mental state of the kid. I am sure he is freaked out enough having to do what he did, be far worse if the perp had died right there in front of him.[/quote]

I was gonna post something like that but just didn't have the right words to use it. Another words nightmares and counseling for who knows how long. How he had access to it is something media maybe purposely leaves out. THe kids could of well been well taught not to touch or such and such will be handed down to them.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Just an FYI, I know I was unsure about the parents facing charges for the kid having access to the firearm

Gun control Act of 1968,
18 U.S.C, Chapter 44.

18 U.S.C 922(x)
(x)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a Juvenile- a handgun, or ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun....
...(3)This subsection does not apply to-
...(D) the possession of a handgun or ammunition by a juvenile taken in defense of the juvenile or other persons agains an intruder into the residence of the juvenile or a residence in which the juvenile is an invited guest.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey badkarma, and everyone else regarding the child's access to the firearm. This is Arizona we are talking about not some libtard state like Peoples Republic of California it is expected that everyone knows how to use a firearm.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Wow! Great story.

I'd be interested to hear how much training the boy had. I'd bet he had a lot; good shot, too.

A sheriff's deputy that I was talking to last month said that the majority of break-ins in our area are done by armed intruders. "It's pretty rare if they're unarmed."
Post a reply