USPSA / IDPA / SOTM / 3-Gun etc
Post a reply

Re: 2016 PewPewing Season

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Cool, thanks for the review! What you said is similar to other reviews I've read. thumbsup

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 pm

I had a good match last night. I was pretty happy with it, besides the first and last stages. I shot Limited 10 with my XDm so I can get classified before Open/Lim10 Nationals. :bigsmile:

I was First L10, but there were only 3 of us, so I was 18th out of 50 overall, and 70.82% of the Limited M that was HOA.

Need to practice and concentrate more on shooting earlier... I did feel like I cut a little more time off than the last match.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:09 am

It looks like you're having fun, every single match! :mulletslayer:

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Had a TOTALLY FUN time at the match on Sunday... I got to shoot OPEN! It was so different, and definitely need to get used to the different angle of holding the gun so I can find the dot. If I was standing and shooting downrange I could point and see the dot (mostly) but as soon as a different angle was introduced, I was hunting for it. Had to rack out several rounds throughout the match and found out toward the end of the day that I wasn't riding the slide, that there was a problem with one of the magazines. Guess I will have to try open again in the near future ;)

MadPick wrote:It looks like you're having fun, every single match! :mulletslayer:

Yes! I have so much fun! Besides the shooting itself (which is awesome) - the people you shoot with make it that much more enjoyable! #squaddies4life :party:

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 pm

"I'm not done moping yet!"

:ROFLMAO:

Did you borrow Loke's gun for that match? Or is that yours?

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:37 pm

MadPick wrote:"I'm not done moping yet!"

Haha! I was wondering if anyone could pick up on what I said, sometimes I talk too fast.

Ya, I borrowed Loke's backup gun. I think I'll have to start saving for one. So much fun :)

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:44 pm

AlphaCharis wrote:
MadPick wrote:"I'm not done moping yet!"

Haha! I was wondering if anyone could pick up on what I said, sometimes I talk too fast.

Ya, I borrowed Loke's backup gun. I think I'll have to start saving for one. So much fun :)

yes yes :) Come join us for real in the dark side. don't just visit ;)

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Wait. That's Loke's backup gun??? :whatthe:

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:46 pm

MadPick wrote:Wait. That's Loke's backup gun??? :whatthe:

Twinsies.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:19 pm

:bow:

And I admit, I did screw up. I failed to notice the big differences, like the length of the charging handle and the different grips.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:24 am

MadPick wrote::bow:

And I admit, I did screw up. I failed to notice the big differences, like the length of the charging handle and the different grips.

Understandable, the shine makes it hard to spot the fine details.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:58 pm

NickBlasta wrote:
MadPick wrote::bow:

Understandable, the shine makes it hard to spot the fine details.

bling bling!

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:08 am

Made a ton of stupid mistakes on Sunday, but still shot 63% in Production. I feel like my entries and exits are getting better. My reloads were a little rusty - since I didn't have to do any of that last Sunday with Loke's Open gun ;) Short version of the match is here.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 pm

I was really happy with my match on Sunday! I shot pretty consistently. No major mistakes except mistakingly shooting upside down targets like they weren't - and scoring 11 charlies on ONE stage :reaction: That is exactly my reaction after I realized my mistake - included in match video. Despite that I scored just shy of 70% of the Master overall winner and about 73% of the GM's score. It didn't feel any differently than normal, but watching the video - definitely looked faster.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:08 pm

I agree, you looked fast! I'm pretty sure that you kicked Loke's ass on that Texas Star.

And clearly, your XDM is far more reliable than his $10,000 custom race gun.....

:wink05:
Post a reply