Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

Re: Moving to Burien Next Summer

Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Sissyboy wrote:Maybe I just lived an extremely unsheltered life, but even the worst Burien has to offer is better than most of the neighborhoods I have lived in. Seattle in general is just not that scary.

I would second that... When going to school in the Bay Area I saw ghettos in Oakland and Richmond that would make anyone in Seattle cringe...
The area around the Oakland Coliseum was known as the murder capital of the East Bay..

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Sissyboy wrote:Maybe I just lived an extremely unsheltered life, but even the worst Burien has to offer is better than most of the neighborhoods I have lived in. Seattle in general is just not that scary.

I agree. Most of what we have to deal with in Seattle and surrounding areas is tolerable. I have been a bit pampered in Duvall and the SNO Valley area. Being the safest small city in Washington. My situation with a family maybe different than yours.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:45 pm

People who have bad things to say about Burien obviously havent lived in the area. Are there bad spots? You bet, but in most cases no matter where you live your within 10 minutes of a shitty area for the most part.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:17 pm

L_O_G wrote:People who have bad things to say about Burien obviously havent lived in the area. Are there bad spots? You bet, but in most cases no matter where you live your within 10 minutes of a shitty area for the most part.

True that. I like your sig, by the way. You know what they call a lawyer who's buried up to his neck in cement, don't you?

Not enough cement!

(I heard that from a friend of mine who happens to be an attorney.)

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:33 pm

welcomewgo

Washington has more than a few advantages over CA.
I also have family in CA. and it does draw on your heart.
BUT not enough to move down there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cootduster

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. And thanks for bringing a pro gun vote to our state.....everyone knows we need more of them. I am also a CA transplant, Uncle Sam brought me here after making me chase bad guys in Iraq and staring down the Commies in Korea. I am retiring here as well, and will split my time between Yelm and my acreage out by Colville, where I can hunt off my front porch.

Can I ask, what has you stuck on Ruger products?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:39 pm

waglocker wrote:Can I ask, what has you stuck on Ruger products?

My guess:Their pure awesomeness!!!

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:50 pm

waglocker wrote:Welcome to the forum. And thanks for bringing a pro gun vote to our state.....everyone knows we need more of them. I am also a CA transplant, Uncle Sam brought me here after making me chase bad guys in Iraq and staring down the Commies in Korea. I am retiring here as well, and will split my time between Yelm and my acreage out by Colville, where I can hunt off my front porch.

Can I ask, what has you stuck on Ruger products?

I've generally had good luck with Ruger products. But I could say the same thing for Colts and S&W's. I just like the idea of a 13.5 oz .38 SPL +P revolver and a 10 oz .380 ACP pistol. Only thing I have to figure out is whether or not they're controllable at those super light weights.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:19 am

OK, guys. I've pretty much made up my mind. I'm going to go with an LCP Gen 2 and either a Nemesis or Recluse folder in my strong side front pocket. That means of course that I can't buy the gun until I get up there. It's not on the roster of approved handguns in California.

If my research is correct, I should be able to buy it as soon as I get to Washington State. I won't be a Washington resident for 90 days, but I should still be able to purchase it with a 60 day wait. That way I'll have it in my possession by the time 90 days elapses and I'm able to apply for my concealed-carry permit. I'm aware that I won't be able to carry it until I have the permit.

So am I on the right track regarding the legalities? If I am, who would you recommend I buy the LCP from? I suppose I could get it from Cabela's in Lacey, but is that my best choice?

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 am

You own a house up here right?

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes, I do.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:02 pm

bld522 wrote:Yes, I do.

Well guess what you are a resident of Washington :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:44 pm

That's cool! Does that mean I'll be able to buy a handgun without the 60-day wait and apply for my concealed-carry permit as soon as I arrive in Washington State?

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm

You might also want to consider trying out the Sig 938. Dimensions are nearly (exactly?) the same as the 238 but in 9mm. Uber concealable in just about any type of clothing.

You also can't go wrong with a J-frame with a concealed hammer, of course.

Oh, and welcome!

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:34 pm

bld522 wrote:That's cool! Does that mean I'll be able to buy a handgun without the 60-day wait and apply for my concealed-carry permit as soon as I arrive in Washington State?

What's with the 60-day wait to buy the gun? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you confusing it with a 60-day issue time for a non-resident CPL, maybe?

As long as you're a resident of WA, you should be able to walk into a gun store and buy a handgun. If you don't have a CPL yet, then you'll probably have a 10-day wait.
Post a reply