Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

In-N-Out coming to Comiefornia North

Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:48 pm

In-N-Out recently revealed it will soon expand to Washington State for the first time. The restaurant is slated to be located in the Ridgefield area around Union Ridge Town Center.

*Now you guys can have your own thread. :bigsmile:

Re: In-N-Out coming to Comiefornia North

Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Whatever. It's fine. I'll take Dick's instead, tho. Or Pick-Quick. Or Frugal's.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:15 pm

Why in God's Good Name would ANY business that doesn't already have to deal with all this state's anti-business BULLSHIT willingly CHOOSE to do so? I once asked a Cracker Barrel exec I encountered while we were both stopping for lunch in Indianapolis if they would ever open here, and he straight up told me that "between your B&O taxes and all the other fees and the hostile regulatory climate, we're not big enough to soak the losses your state would make our stores there operate at and still remain a viable company." He seemed genuinely disappointed at having to tell me that, mentioning that he had family here too who asked him the same thing.

Now consider, that was around 2008... and imagine how much worse it's become since.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:36 pm

DGM33 wrote:Whatever. It's fine. I'll take Dick's instead, tho. Or Pick-Quick. Or Frugal's.

This, who cares if they come? Yawn....

Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:39 pm

DGM33 wrote:Whatever. It's fine. I'll take Dick's instead, tho. Or Pick-Quick. Or Frugal's.

Or even Five Guys. Damn, I miss the Earthquakes storefront... :( a quarter century ago they were an infrequent and special treat when I had to venture into Pukeallup.
Post a reply