Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

My Saint Edge 10.3” is over gassed.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:06 am

My Saint Edge might be over-gassed, because it has an adjustable gas block and I never bothered to tune it up.
I will keep you, guys, posted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Indumil M855 ammo - don’t buy!

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:30 pm

Dang, thanks for the heads up. Hadn’t heard of them before, but they’re on the radar now

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:43 pm

Oh shit man, I feel responsible, I led you to buy that when I posted the deal from AIM!

Damn, I haven't shot any yet, am definitely going to this weekend now, just to get a feel of it.

I guess Colombian ammo is like Colombian women?

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:56 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:Oh shit man, I feel responsible, I led you to buy that when I posted the deal from AIM!
Damn, I haven't shot any yet, am definitely going to this weekend now, just to get a feel of it.
I guess Colombian ammo is like Colombian women?

LOL! Honestly, I don’t recall you leading me to buy it!
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 am

And now I'm thinking of last time I was in Colombia...a chick named Pilar...

Yeah, it's in 35 round boxes because Galil.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:17 am

My Saint might be over-gassed, because it has an adjustable gas block and I never bothered to tune it up.
I will keep you, guys, posted.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: UPDATED! Indumil M855 ammo...

Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:36 pm

FAGE Cor...I just assumed it was yogurt.

Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:04 pm

Well, I did some rifle shooting today, and shot some of this stuff.

Honestly, it didn't seem any dirtier than anything else I shoot. No popped primers, or other weirdness.

No idea on ejection pattern, as I had the brass catcher on, but didn't seem any harsher or snappier than any other ammo. This was in an 18" gun, rifle length gas, w/ H2, so a very smooth shooter anyway.

Also happy with the accuracy of it, 'bout on par with other m855 I've shot outta this gun.

First group with it, at 200 yards. Even at that distance, it dings the steel! Shit is hardcore. Shot the rest of it at cardboard, and reserved the steel for my normal FMJ stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm

I’m taking my Saint Edge 10.3” to the range tomorrow.
Will post an update.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Today I adjusted a gas port and got more blown primers.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:04 am

Wow, that's weird.

On the face of it, I'd say maybe the headspace in that gun is too tight, or the leade is a bit short (sometimes guns marked 5.56 have a chamber that's closer to .223 spec), but it's running fine with PMC...

Maybe we have stuff from different lots, my 18" gun is just a little more "forgiving", or the Indumil stuff just truly is hot as hell.

I may have a chance to chrono both in a few days, might shed a little light.

But yeah, if I were you, I'd be sayin' fuck that shit too.

Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:54 pm

Sorted brass from my Saturday’s plinking and found five cases with blown primers.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:58 pm

Look at the extractor marks and the bolt face wipes. Still over gassed maybe?

Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:45 pm

Yeah, bad ejector swipes too. Either overgassed or crazy tight headspace.

Here's mine from last weekend, Indumil on the right, my "Load 2" on the left.

Mine shows a typically flattened primer for this load, as it's a standard rifle primer, no magnum or #41 type.

No flattening with the Indumil cases, no signs of them trying to pop.

I will grant that their crimp method is pretty light, just the 3 divots, compared to what I usually see on m193/m855, etc.

Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:57 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:Yeah, bad ejector swipes too. Either overgassed or crazy tight headspace.

Here's mine from last weekend, Indumil on the right, my "Load 2" on the left.

Mine shows a typically flattened primer for this load, as it's a standard rifle primer, no magnum or #41 type.

No flattening with the Indumil cases, no signs of them trying to pop.

I will grant that their crimp method is pretty light, just the 3 divots, compared to what I usually see on m193/m855, etc.

I don't think the ammo is the problem here myself.
Post a reply