Post a reply

Re: 10/14 - Triangle Pit Cleanup - JOIN US!

Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:57 am

TNL wrote:
Kick start my heart wrote:Unfortunately they picked the worst possible day to do it. 14th is Opening day for rifle deer season. I’ll be out hunting.

And the funny part is, The Backcountry Hunters & Anglers picked that date! Don't know why either.

Maybe they are all archery guys lol

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:04 pm

So the state has been slowly pushing back the opening time for the pit over the last few years but they will let people in at 9 am to clean up? I am sorry but I find something fundamentally wrong with that. There should also be a petition to sign to get the pit back to it's original hours or at a minimum to 8 am. The pit used to be a reasonable place to go shooting when you could get out there earlier than most people were up on a Saturday. Now with the 1030 opening time now all the people that pack multiple wagon loads of gear to set up are there at the same time so you can end up waiting over an hour before a single round goes downrange. I fully understand the cleaning up part and will be there if I can make it but the fact that they are opening it up earlier because there will be no shooting just rubs me the wrong way.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:19 pm

exArmyMP wrote:So the state has been slowly pushing back the opening time for the pit over the last few years but they will let people in at 9 am to clean up?

Actually it makes perfect sense. Open it up at 9am for cleanup then we can be done with MINIMAL impact to the shooting community. Many hands make light work. If a lot of people show up, then we can be done in time for the public to start shooting! We will also be accompanied by DNR, so it would be a great time to talk with them about your concerns.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:55 pm

Let's go boys!!

Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Massivedesign is picking up donuts and coffee in the morning for everyone … anyone else want to come lend a hand for a couple of hours?

Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:20 pm

Truck is all loaded up, pray that it doesn’t do the R thing to much tomorrow.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:Truck is all loaded up, pray that it doesn’t do the R thing to much tomorrow.

:bow:

I just loaded up my car too!

Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 pm

Will be good to see the “New and improved Steve”. :thumbsup2:

Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:Will be good to see the “New and improved Steve”. :thumbsup2:

icon_eek

Shit, now I gotta keep up and pretend to be healthy.....

Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:08 pm

MadPick wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:Will be good to see the “New and improved Steve”. :thumbsup2:

icon_eek

Shit, now I gotta keep up and pretend to be healthy.....

Well yeah, you are a success story here bro!!! :bigsmile:

Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:26 pm

Was great great to see people congregating towards a great cause. It wasn’t just us gun lovers that rose to the occasion, it was active military personnel and hunters that made a difference to a popular trash dump (Triangle pit).

Thanks to all of you that showed up and worked very hard. Hell, I even witnessed the Waguns overlords out there busting their asses. Kudos to Dan and Steve for doing all that they do.
I exceeded my limitations and had to stop after 2 trash bags full, I obviously still have some healing to do.

Kudos to Bill Cougley of trashnoland.org, Craig and his lovely wife for coming 2+ hours north and showing stewardship to those of whom will spread the word!

Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:17 pm

Yup! Great event for sure! Thanks to all who came out and kicked that pits ass. It needed it, and we got it done!

WaGuns crew was myself, Steve, Jim, Eric and Quang (for diversity).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm

I made it out. Had a lot of fun thanks guys

Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:00 pm

Trenton wrote:I made it out. Had a lot of fun thanks guys

Whaaaaaa? You didn’t say hi?!?

Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
Trenton wrote:I made it out. Had a lot of fun thanks guys

Whaaaaaa? You didn’t say hi?!?

Ummm right! Thanks for coming out trenton!
Post a reply