This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Gun transportation in Oregon

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:03 pm

Going to Cannon Beach in OR next month with wife and puppy, I have WA CPL and I understand that I can also get carry permit in OR but let's say I don't want to be bothered with it since I don't go to OR often enough but still want to have a gun with me when I travel there, can I have my personal blaster in a locked box in my car? From my research it seems ok but want to check and see if there are any other requirements for transporting a gun in a car.

Thanks.

Re: Gun transportation in Oregon

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 pm

if you do not have an OR cpl you MUST remove mag and seperate if its on you, lock box is fine UNLOADED.

or just open carry

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:14 pm

Ah thanks. Just to clarify, if I unload the gun (clears chamber) and eject the magazine from the gun, can I keep the magazine and its spare inside the same lock box? Or do I have to store the magazines separately?

I don't have to unload the magazines do I? Thanks.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:18 am

You can keep the magazines topped off and in the same box.

Before I got my CHL, if I chose to comply, I’d just drop the mag and chamber round, toss the gun and mag into the center console and the round into the cup holder.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 am

bigbearbear wrote:Going to Cannon Beach in OR next month with wife and puppy, I have WA CPL and I understand that I can also get carry permit in OR but let's say I don't want to be bothered with it since I don't go to OR often enough but still want to have a gun with me when I travel there, can I have my personal blaster in a locked box in my car? From my research it seems ok but want to check and see if there are any other requirements for transporting a gun in a car.

Thanks.

You can also open car carry... although some localities have prohibited our natural rights (no state preemption in OR). handgunlaw.us breaks it down easily.

My stance: if a state/business can accept my DL, credit cards, medical insurance card, vehicle insurance, make me pay tax (sales/recreation/hotel/etc.), why can they not accept my CPL at the very least?

Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:38 am

Thanks, appreciate it.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:42 am

Good info:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply