Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What a GREAT day. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was a blast meeting and shooting with everyone. Lots of shooting going on. Flashfire (I think) has some sweet guns and a .338 Lapua that was BUTTER! (I seriously hope it was flashfire, but whoever it was, those were some nice guns.) got to shoot an M1A SOCOM, so now I am fairly sure that will be pretty high on my list of new purchases. (Thanks Steve #2) Thabks the the cooks, don't remember names, but they slaved over the grill keeping the food coming and the cider hot for the whole day. Thank you, it was VERY appreciated. Without y'all on the grill, all the food would have been useless. Shot a Kimber Tac Pro II, so now I understand why people like the Kimber. I still prefer Springfield, but I see why people choose the Kimber.

Everyone else that was at the shoot, it was a VERY fun time, I thouroughly enjoyed talking to everyone and shooting and allowing my guns to be shot by those that wanted to. I am usually the jealous guy, but seeing some if the reactions to the guns I brought was humbling. I didn't know what to say. Thank you.

Thank you to the crew at Evergreen that allowed us to rent the range, great place and I hope it stays that way. The covered bays, the facilities in general were great.

Big thanks to Dan and anyone else that helped organize the event. Thank you to those the provided some PIF items to be given away.

Thanks to the Damon's and the Steve's acting as RSO's and ARSO's. it was a very safe event. Your hard work and dedication are a credit to the Internet, the forum, and you as individuals. Thank you for keeping everything safe and smooth.

I can't stop smiling, just beaming. It was a blast, literally and figuratively. I hope to do more of these and again, thanks to everyone. Once I get pics uploaded ill post the ones I took in this thread. You guys that almost made it, wish you could have gotten all the way down. Thank you to everyone again, it was beyond a great time. I can only think of one better way to have spent my New Years Eve, and that one involves my wife. Amazing day. I actually hope I get sick, so that I can tell people, "Yeah, I got sick standing outside for 6 hours shooting guns at a cook out, meet & greet, event in the snow."

Best Day Ever.

Holy crap I need to figure out imgur. Best I can do for now. Here. Massive to the rescue!

Last edited by General Nonsense on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:38 pm

had a blast!!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I had a great time as well. Got to see what my mak90 can do at 100 yards. Thanks for all who put this together. I even enjoyed the snow lol.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had an awesome time as well!

Thanks to the Admins for setting this up and to all who came, thank you.

Thanks also to everyone who let me shoot your pistols there were definitely some cool ones.

Food was great and company was great.
Enjoyed hanging out with all of you and putting faces to names.

Thanks especially to Drew for keeping the fire going! I don't care what everyone says, I think you're cool!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hay, Guy's had a great time. We had to leave in hurry "Called IN". I think I left my little steel target in the pistol range. It was nice to meet everyone. Thanks for the food and cooks. Chili dogs for the WIN.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdigitty wrote:
Hay, Guy's had a great time. We had to leave in hurry "Called IN". I think I left my little steel target in the pistol range. It was nice to meet everyone. Thanks for the food and cooks. Chili dogs for the WIN.

I am sure someone here has your target to return. Good seeing you there.

Chili dogs, you were doing it right.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Was a fantastic event. By far the best group shoot I have ever been to. Thanks to ALL the member who came and and put a face to a name.

Big thanks to cdoniguian, his wife and son for slaving over the grills and keeping us fed. That Taco Soup was literally soul warming!
Big thanks to the Damon's and Steve's for keeping a nice safe range and keeping us in line
Big thanks to all who brought food (there was A LOT of food). I am skipping dinner (well, I'll munch on some cornbread lol)
Big thanks to Damon (Olydemon) for having jumper cables.... Must have used to auto lift gate too many times

Also a HUGE thanks to Evergreen Sportsmans Club for allowing us to host our shoot. They literally handed us the keys and said have fun. All in all, we had 30 people there, so we were able to raise $600 for the club. I would say that was a WIN-WIN!

Also, watching the weather change from overcast to a few small flakes to a winter dumping was actually pretty cool. It sucks to hear though that it made a few of you guys have to turn around. I think we need to do a summer shoot there.... Oh yes, it will happen.

There were 2 guns that popped out for me today. One was a cool old .22 bolt action that Madpick got. That thing was literally a tack driver at 100 yard. I seriously was aiming for the very edges of the steel plates and was still making them ring... The other was General Nonsense's Styer Scout .308. Another tack driver with some very unique styling. Impressive piece of weaponry for sure.

I am continually awestruck by the amount of "Community" we have from this little forum. It is what it is because of all of you. I cannot thank you all enough for a great year!

**Jdiggity. Your spinner was picked up and I placed it in the little shed behind the pistol range.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At first I was like, "meh". Then I was like, "eh".

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone:

Big "Thank You" shout outs to all the organizers, volunteers and generous donations of food, PIFs, and time to pull this event together. Despite the inclement weather I know everyone had a fantastic time. Also a big thank you to Steve and Dan for the very generous giveways of the free WaGuns swag - seems like every single person got at least one freebie WaGuns item.

I also liked Josh's Steyr scout rifle - sweet rifle!

I can' wait to do this again, sometime during the summer of 2013.

:wagwoot:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drew is a Lumberjack...And He's OK....Great corn bread My friend!!

NRA Life Member-Since 1983
Life Member-North American Hunting Club
Life Member-National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
Founder-Crusaders Motorcycle Ministries

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mohawk13 wrote:

A lumberjack with Lambchops... kinda reminds me of Wolverine but with a gun.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pfffft. Wolverine is way taller.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flashfire wrote:
Mohawk13 wrote:

A lumberjack with Lambchops... kinda reminds me of Wolverine but with a gun.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shoot! Definitely worth the drive. Thanks to everyone who put it together, did the hard work, and of course the folks that cooked all the great grub.

I'm glad my AR didn't burn up, I haven't shot it since spraying the barrel with FDE Alumahyde with flat black enamel in the flutes. Would have sucked to see the enamel start smoking!

Thanks Drew for helping me zero my Marlin. I suck at sighting in anything but irons.

Thanks Josh for letting me shoot that Steyr 1912 --- not every day you get to shoot a pre-WWI auto!

Good thing my father-in-law can weld and has the equipment, we'll be putting together a nice bracket to attach that steel plate.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

awesome day for sure. my shoulder hurts. {=oD those burgers rocked!

nothing like a rifle that makes the ground shake after each time it's fired! :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next