Here is my photobucket album. I'll be uploading photos to here throughout my trip. Some may be SHOT related, others may be for future blackmail...
For those on tapatalk or other platforms that can't see the embedded post, a few options for you.I made a page:SHOT.htmlDirect link to Slideshow:http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/WaGun ... HOT%20SHOWDirect link to album (no slideshow):http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/WaGun ... HOT%20SHOW
************************DAY ONE - 1/13/2014
Well, what a DAY! We got to the range shortly before 11 and instantly went to work. We started on one side and by 4, got to the other. We shot quite a few guns. Not A LOT, but quite a few.
A few noteworthy things about our day:
1) The Tac-Con 3MR Trigger is pretty sweet. It takes some getting used to though, but is a pretty cool trigger, even at $499.
2) Black Rain Ordinance .308 with their new brake is a DREAM to shoot, felt like a baby .223
3) I can't throw knives worth shit.. SOG let me prove that.
4) There is a new shotgun sight on the market, called RedRing. It's like an eoTech FOR a Shotty. Very nice, and.. I won it in a raffle! I'll have a review on it when it gets mailed to me, they are not even in the states yet, and I'll have the first one!
5) Colt Competition Rifles makes some nice AR's!
6) ATI, cool toys!
7) Check out ddupleks.com. Interesting new shotty ammo. Didn't get to shoot it, but it looks bad ass.
8) Federal is putting out a 5.56 Ammo in a fresh can.. 30 round fresh pack.
9) .50 BMG Suppressor? Yes PLEASE! Didn't get to shoot it, as it was a display only.
10) Kriss Vector.. OMG. First off, a full auto suppressed .45 KRISS Rifle is BAD ASS!! We all dumped a few mags down range.. What a Blast!
11) Colin Noir, NRA Spokesman is much shorter than we thought. He was in front of us at the KRISS booth. Very animated in person, just like his vids.
12) Styer AUG... Another cool rifle! Semi-Auto only, but a hard hitter!
13) IWI TAVOR... My new favorite rifle, in the world. I was lucky to be able to shoot the 5.56 version as well as the new 9mm conversion kit. Awesome pieces of weaponry.
14).... GLOCK! Okay.. We all know I am a Glock hater (XD Rulez), but let me tell you, that 42 is one nice piece of .380 lead slinger. Fast on target, minimal flip and easy to hold. That being said, I still wish it was a 9mm for basic reasons, but it's a nifty gun. The 41 .45 long slide is a dream to shoot as well. The added mass makes shooting is super easy and quite fun.
I hope I can get pictures up for you all here soon. I'll work on that after dinner and stuff.
************************DAY TWO - 1/14/2014
Holy crap.. And I mean that in the holiest of crap. The show is huge! WAY bigger than I could have even imagined. We got there around 9am ready to rock... At 5 we had finished 2/3'rds of the 2nd floor. Haven't touched the first floor yet, nor even looked at the 3rd since the day we flew in. Luckily, there isn't much on the 3rd other than the media areas and some other stuff.
1) Saw the new Remmy R51, hated it. Slide was difficult to use and the trigger blew.
2) There are A LOT of cute women walking around as well as manning booths.
3) Saw some new EOTechs that are coming to the market with built in lasers, pretty cool.
4) Lone Wolf was there with some cool ass shit! (Yes BK, I got your toy)
5) BHI Arms had some pretty sweet Pap's and SBRs for us to fondle.
6) TacSol and PacLite both showed some nice hardware, much love to those guys.
7) There are A LOT of cute women walking around as well as manning booths.
8) New Mag Fed Serbu? Yes Please! Oh yhea, it can take a drum too....
9) Talked to the guys at Olympic Arms for a bit, REALLY great dealer pricing!
10) CZ had some SEXY pistols and rifles on display (gwaugh, got you some pics)
11) Hi-Point came out with there new and improved brochure, same block guns, just a new brochure.
12) Corner Shot was there showing off as well as introduced us to the new DUAL BARREL AR that will be there tomorrow (Cutoms freaked out apparently).
13) EAA/Witness/Tangfolio. Great booths, as well as some eye candy. New female pistol line up called PAVONA. Well made, and built in bling!
14) NAA had some new stuff.. besides a cool new low-pro sight system... MEH..
15) TAVOR.. Still have wood from yesterday's shoot with them.. I almost passed out again. Love those things.
16) There are A LOT of cute women walking around as well as manning booths.
17) Beretta ARX 100 Carbine. Pretty slick contender to the ACR and SCAR platform. Built in ambi-features and charge handle and ejection swaps in seconds, with no tools except a round of ammo. The back site SUCKS ass, small aperture with a big plate that blocks all peripheral vision. The Beretta guy asked us our thoughts on the ARX and we told him our concerns about the site. He was very attentive and is going to talk to "his people" about it as he was concerned after we talked to him.
18) CADEX had some SWEEEEEEET Chassis systems for rifle platforms. Dealer pricing wasn't available, but I almost want to buy a gun just so I have a reason to buy one of these chassis.
19) Did I mention there are A LOT of cute women walking around as well as manning booths.
20) HK had some cool shit as well, as to be expected. Nothing ground breaking in my eyes, but cool. A lot of SBR and MG Stuff.
21) I met and got a picture with Stone Cold Steve Austin! Saw Coilion Noir again and... of course... GUNNY! Also saw Hickok45.. That dude is TALL!
22) There were some very nice Kalashnikov memorials as well as some of his personal AK's that were his birthday presents.
23) Magpul... AK47 MAG!! It's nice! Will be available THIS FRIDAY ONLINE for $13.95, only in black 30 rounder. I asked the magpul rep if they have enough for an onslaught of orders that will happen. He had a sly grin and said no problem.
24) Red Jacket was there with Voodoo Tactical. Had some of there stuff there, like the .50BMG Suppressor. Joe was there, but was repping Voodoo, which was odd.
25) Windham Weaponry has some cool new wood furniture for their AR's. Looks clean, and heavy.
26) There are A LOT of cute women walking around as well as manning booths.
That's it for now.. I'll upload pics this evening to the slideshow!
**************************DAY THREE - 1/15/2014
Well, Wednesday was a blast. I didn't take many pictures because honestly, there wasn't much to take. The downstairs main rooms were a lot of hunting, outdoor stuff etc. We did see a pretty odd pocket 380, which I'll post pics of later. Also got a chance to fondle the cool DoubleTap.
Other items of mention; We hung out for a few hours with fellow member and FFL Solyanik. He was SHOPPING.. So expect to see some news deals posted when his orders ship.
We also ran into Todd Hoffman from the show Gold Rush. He and his crew were there with Garrett Metal detectors.
Stopped by EagTac's booth for a while and chatted with Lennie and Bobby from Thede & Co and Mike from PTS.
Got a free SOG Twitch knife for trading in a POS knife that I had.. WIN!
We got a chance to chat with Alan Gottleib from SAF for a bit, that was pretty cool.
We got a chance to fondle the CornerShot and on Thursday, we got to play with... Well... You'll have to read thursday's report.
**************************DAY FOUR - 1/16/2014
Final day for us at SHOT. Today was us just walking around to some of the areas again and being bums. Some cool stuff did happen though.
We got a chance to hang out a little with Vince Buckles, formally of Son's of Guns, with some of his new creations. We were introduced by I LOVE GUNS & COFFEE creator Dave Anderson.
We also got to check out a new AR... Double Barrel Style! Pic below.
I'll fill in the rest later, we are at the airport, tired, sore and... broke
Sitting at the airport, licking our wonds....
The things we do for our members!