Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:09 am

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WAGunRights @ 2014 SHOT Show 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Double tap

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Last edited by WAGunRights on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Leaving for the airport. Catch you all from Vegas!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Double tab

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
I was able to test a new target viewer at the annual SHOT Show Media Day at the range today, and one that looks to answer a lot of the nagging problem that long distance shooters face. In the past there have always been three options. Shoot and walk down to the target after several strings, shoot steel which provides feedback that can be seen or heard from the line, or build your own remote system. Building your own long range video system are nothing new, but can be costly and require a lot of equipment to bring out to the range and set up.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... t-viewing/

Image

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
3MR "Simulated" Full Auto Trigger

I was able to get the hang of it today. I was able to shoot it as designed, and I will tell you that you can do exactly the same thing with a high end, single stage trigger. Sure, with a little more time I am sure I could get very fast with it, but I wouldn't put one in my rifle. Its a counter-intuitive pull, breaks a lot of the "rules" of shooting fundamentals and while your rate of fire is higher, it is far less accurate. Its nothing more then a gimmick that they are selling for $500, which is way to much for it. Personally, I would consign it to the scrap heap and save $200 and get something better. If you just want to be able to put your AR into the third position, that's cool. But if you are looking for functionality, skip this...

For another impression of it:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... o-trigger/

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 30984
Real Name: Steve
WAGunRights wrote:
3MR "Simulated" Full Auto Trigger

I was able to get the hang of it today. I was able to shoot it as designed, and I will tell you that you can do exactly the same thing with a high end, single stage trigger. Sure, with a little more time I am sure I could get very fast with it, but I wouldn't put one in my rifle. Its a counter-intuitive pull, breaks a lot of the "rules" of shooting fundamentals and while your rate of fire is higher, it is far less accurate. Its nothing more then a gimmick that they are selling for $500, which is way to much for it. Personally, I would consign it to the scrap heap and save $200 and get something better. If you just want to be able to put your AR into the third position, that's cool. But if you are looking for functionality, skip this...

For another impression of it:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... o-trigger/


I feel better, Sam . . . your comments and Chris' mirror my experience with it today.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:18 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
MadPick wrote:
WAGunRights wrote:
3MR "Simulated" Full Auto Trigger

I was able to get the hang of it today. I was able to shoot it as designed, and I will tell you that you can do exactly the same thing with a high end, single stage trigger. Sure, with a little more time I am sure I could get very fast with it, but I wouldn't put one in my rifle. Its a counter-intuitive pull, breaks a lot of the "rules" of shooting fundamentals and while your rate of fire is higher, it is far less accurate. Its nothing more then a gimmick that they are selling for $500, which is way to much for it. Personally, I would consign it to the scrap heap and save $200 and get something better. If you just want to be able to put your AR into the third position, that's cool. But if you are looking for functionality, skip this...

For another impression of it:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... o-trigger/


I feel better, Sam . . . your comments and Chris' mirror my experience with it today.


Glad I am not the only one... Talked to Chris in depth about it at dinner tonight, he had the same feeling I did but was being diplomatic about it. Guess when you are a celebrity in the firearms community you try not to say things as harsh as I do... :thumbsup2:

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Got some instruction from Medal of Honor recipient Clinton "Clint" Romesha at ADCOR booth today. Was fun to shoot with him. Hell of a guy.

Oh, and the girl over my right shoulder is FateofDestinee from Youtube.

Image

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31037
Real Name: Dan
Yhea, that 3MR was an odd one, no doubt. I am sure with 1,000 rounds downrange it would come natural but I have a problem spending $500 on a trigger group then another $500 to learn how to use it.

I did get to hold the actual trigger group and it is very well made though.


Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
SWORD International Mk18 “Mjolnir”

While most companies are now making a variation of the AR platform in .308, other companies are beginning to push that boundary further still by building AR platforms in .300 Win Mag. Then there is S.W.O.R.D International that decided to skip the new .300 Win Mag bandwagon and go straight to the .338 Lapua for their large(er?) frame AR. While not an entirely new concept, very few companies out there have ventured into the .338LM field. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... qus_thread

Image

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Hornady RAPiD Safe, Hands on

In October Hornady announced several products, including their new RAPiD Safe, which is safe that can be used to rapidly deploy a handgun in an emergency. The safe when opened is spring loaded, and deploys the handgun in a sleeve for a optimal draw and fast deployment. The RAPiD Safe is a perfect beside safe that can be used to keep your defensive handgun away from children, or even from being stolen in the event of a break in. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... OxSDX.dpuf

Image

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
Just for you tugs...

Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 6830
Real Name: Jaime
WAGunRights wrote:
Just for you tugs...

Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

Image

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms


Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011
Posts: 907
That's hot !!!!!

_________________
My Videos

.308, Because people hide behind cars.

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.


Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kitsap County
Joined: Fri Jun 8, 2012
Posts: 711
Real Name: Sam
He's been bugging me about Michelle Viscusi since he found out I was coming to SHOT...

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Staff Writer/Editor
GunsSaveLives
Image


Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.423s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]