Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 WaGuns is headed to the SHOT Show.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Received the Show Planner in the mail yesterday... Holy Shit this thing is huge!

http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index. ... epeat=true

HOLy crap That is huge!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I will be at SHOT as media this year... Will have to meet up with you Dan. I will be there for the AM range session I believe.

Going to be a busy 5 days... I have committed to about 30 articles while I am there...

When you flying in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

All 3 of us fly in Sunday AM and fly out Thursday night. We are in the AM range session as well!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds good... I am flying in Sunday early afternoon, and then fly out on Friday evening after the show closes down.

Did you get you credentials already in the mail?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAGunRights wrote:
Sounds good... I am flying in Sunday early afternoon, and then fly out on Friday evening after the show closes down.

Nope, no creds yet.. Just the show planner. Creds should be here anytime though... Hopefully lol.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
WAGunRights wrote:

Nope, no creds yet.. Just the show planner. Creds should be here anytime though... Hopefully lol.

Yeah, still no show planner here... But I have been using the online planner... Printed my agenda the other night and it is like 5 pages long... Should dig out the pedometer see just how many miles I end up walking while I am there.

Still waiting on my creds too... Should be here soon. I got in before the cut off to mail them.

Look forward to seeing you there. Go out and create some hate and discontent on the strip, WAguns style.

Massivedesign wrote:
WAGunRights wrote:

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAGunRights wrote:
Go out and create some hate and discontent on the strip, WAguns style.

:mulletslayer: :mulletslayer: :mulletslayer:

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

Will FN be there?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck you guys. I did 10 years straight attendance at the SEMA show (Company paid of course). Make sure you have super good foot gear, a jacuzzi in you room, and lots of "Gel Inserts" for that good foot gear. The show venue(s) are so huge and the floors super hard. Your feet will die after day one and your legs will feel like wood.

Of course you could always jump in a cab and have him take you out to Pahrump and get your feet (among other things) massaged :rofl9:

As for places to stay, If I was paying out of my own pocket I'd stay at "The Trop". It's on the shuttle bus route for the Convention Center and the rates are pretty good. Circus Circus is a plain f-ing dump.

If you like lobster, brace up, get a bank loan, and go to the Rosewood Grill. Another good restaurant if you like Prime Rib is Lawry's (of the seasoning fame). I used to gain 15-20# on my trips to Vegas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

FMJ 911 wrote:
Will FN be there?

Yup, Level 2, booth 13462!

deadshot2 wrote:
Good luck you guys. I did 10 years straight attendance at the SEMA show (Company paid of course). Make sure you have super good foot gear, a jacuzzi in you room, and lots of "Gel Inserts" for that good foot gear. The show venue(s) are so huge and the floors super hard. Your feet will die after day one and your legs will feel like wood.

Of course you could always jump in a cab and have him take you out to Pahrump and get your feet (among other things) massaged :rofl9:

As for places to stay, If I was paying out of my own pocket I'd stay at "The Trop". It's on the shuttle bus route for the Convention Center and the rates are pretty good. Circus Circus is a plain f-ing dump.

If you like lobster, brace up, get a bank loan, and go to the Rosewood Grill. Another good restaurant if you like Prime Rib is Lawry's (of the seasoning fame). I used to gain 15-20# on my trips to Vegas.

We are staying (so far) at the Quad, right next to Flamingo (the old Imperial). We can walk out the back of the Quad and into the Sands fairly quickly. The Gel inserts are a MUST I think too. I am going to go get a few pairs here after Christmas.

Hopefully all the walking we will do will keep the weight gain down!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

We are staying (so far) at the Quad, right next to Flamingo (the old Imperial). We can walk out the back of the Quad and into the Sands fairly quickly. The Gel inserts are a MUST I think too. I am going to go get a few pairs here after Christmas.

Hopefully all the walking we will do will keep the weight gain down!

You'll be amazed at the number of people you'll see wearing suits and for shoes a pair of Nike walking shoes, not necessarily brown or black either. Screw style, save the feet.

Another tip is to get one of those cheap rolling backpacks. You can either drag it or carry it on your back. You'd be amazed at the amount of swag you'll acquire during your time "in the hall".

Also, don't get too many "drool marks" on your shirt. The "Booth Babes" can be pretty awesome. Some are even "natural".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:05 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

I just got back from SEMA in November and that is a HUGE show. Been a number of times so learned my lessons the first time. The Sands Expo center isn't nearly as large as the Las Vegas Convention center but still a lot of walking.

I told the other two owners (Dan and Steve) that I have a few places I will take them for food and entertainment. I'm one of those guys that tries to do as much shit as humanly possible while in Vegas but with all the walking involved you get less done than you hope. Still I have been to a shit ton of great places, amazing food, great entertainment, etc. It will be a good trip.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
DSynger wrote:
The good thing about being a small internet community... fuck it, we're all going. We'll need more swag...

Create a BLOG, load it with content, apply.. BAM!

you mean I could qualify????

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
DSynger wrote:
The good thing about being a small internet community... fuck it, we're all going. We'll need more swag...

Create a BLOG, load it with content, apply.. BAM!

you mean I could qualify????

yup!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stay clear from this guy. I've heard he's trouble.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next