Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 1st Light Infantry Militia 

Prepare now for security and freedom tomorrow. A mutual protection organization for times of Natural Disaster, Civil Unrest and Terrorism. Offering a new concept of a Security Coop.

Contact for any questions.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is a "Security Coop?". :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Totally, a Security Coop is a bad ass chicken coop.

A Security Co-Operative is a legal compact where members protect each other.

Say you ask me to watch your house while you're on vacation. I come over and see someone on your property. I approach and challenge them. Now if this situation goes really bad and I use force I could be painted by a good lawyer as fermenting a violent confrontation or as a vigilante. In a Security Co-Operative I have a legal obligation to use appropriate force to protect you and your property.

There are plenty of other nuances but the arrangement has many protections and advantages.

For instance, no matter what you foresee or prepare for how many people do you need to be secure, in case of serious natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest?

Even if you have adequate skills and are healthy:
1.You still have flanks and rear...
2.You still need to recharge your attentiveness, execute maintenance/improvements, perform bodily functions such as sleep...

If you accept you can't do it alone and law enforcement can't be everywhere, you (have the money and) hire a body guard / security guard. What happens when the roads flood or riots and the people you hire tell you they couldn't get there and they had to take care of their family? Telling them "You're Fired" doesn't make the family safe at 3AM.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FirstLIMCDR wrote:
In a Security Co-Operative I have a legal obligation to use appropriate force to protect you and your property.

Are you sure about that? I would have a hard time believing a lawyer could get anyone off because they were in a co-op and used force to protect someones property. I would have a hard time if I used force to protect my own property and hurt someone. I am not saying you are wrong, I just would be interested to see the legal issues spelled out from an agency. Feel free to elaborate on the legality of this point since I am not a lawyer.

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the nuance Murray, and maybe the OP will clarify, is that you have asked this co-op person to check on your house. That implies permission to be, and have been tasked with/asked to check, on the premises. The person is not just just out on some random property acting as a vigilante.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 am

Part of the protection offered by a Security Co-Operative is that initial training is intended to certify you as a Security Officer (not to be confused with a Police Officer).

Obviously this does not offer carte blanche to do what every you want or make you legally infallible. Once you have on record you have been trained in escalation of force and de-escalation you are obliged to act appropriately. However, on the other side you can still right now be held responsible for not using appropriate escalation of force by a reasonable person's standards since ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much to join $?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 am

Wouldn't do you and me much good quaintsuff because we aint in Tacoma.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:28 pm

quantsuff wrote:
How much to join $?

Excellent Question. Joining is... free.

Of course if anyone would like to make a donation please do.

Membership is voluntary.
In order to be a member complete the specific training (that would make you a Security Guard in WA) and participate in supplemental training. Everything is upfront. There are no fees or dues.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Networks of individuals can be anywhere.

Heck, if the NRA can have members all over the country, I think you all would be a great nucleus for the chapter in your area.

Hart creek, just hide all the cheese doogies and beer when Quantstuff is guarding your pantry....................

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FirstLIMCDR wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
How much to join $?

Membership is voluntary.
In order to be a member complete the specific training (that would make you a Security Guard in WA) and participate in supplemental training. Everything is upfront. There are no fees or dues.

Tanstaafl

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where do I get this security training? Is it only recognized in WA, or US wide?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

quantsuff wrote:
FirstLIMCDR wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
How much to join $?

Membership is voluntary.

Tanstaafl

:thumbsup2:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

quantsuff wrote:
FirstLIMCDR wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
How much to join $?

Membership is voluntary.

Tanstaafl

I understood it as an agreement to supply mutual aid and assistance.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I cleaned up (that's nice talk for "deleted") a few posts....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next